Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:29 am

I see, what a shame :roll: I never seen Cop either. James Woods was in a lot good movies :)

Okay, now here is one of My fave movies from the 2000s, it was really and still is one of most surprising films of that decade for Me. I was like darn shame My Grandpa couldn't have seen this, he would have loved it :roll: It's called PATHFINDER: An Untold Legend or Pathfinder: Legend of the Ghost Warrior :!:

It came out in 2007 and it's sort of a remake. It's about the Vikings coming to North America particularly Canada hundreds of years before Columbus was ever a thought :shock: They encounter and attack Native Americans in this dark & violent movie. During a battle, a Viking boy is left during their voyage back to the Great White North region. He is adopted by The Indians and grows up to become one of them. Years later he's grown up and his former peoples return, now his new family must defend themselves once more but with their new warrior by their side :!: The film stars Karl Urban whom was really beginning to be get top roles by this time, Moon Bloodgood whom is great looking and Clancy Brown & Ralph Moeller who are two big guys perfect for the roles of being Vikings and/or Barbarians. Here's the awesome trailer :)

The film has a tremendous score, like the film itself, it was a big surprise. I couldn't believe how wonderful and what a solid soundtrack it was. It's by Johnathan Elias whom is a very underrated. He created such a dynamic duel mixture of Native American & Viking music. I had to buy the score, it was a no brainer. Here's My absolute favorite track on the entire album. It starts with a great, dark & haunting choir with the music changing to be very ominous and then at 41 seconds you hear a great chilling voice that sounds so much like a scary Viking then it's all action :!: At 2:02 it really becomes epic with the action & choir and then the climax has a solo male child voice...I've listen to this countless times for over 15 years now and it never get's old...I just adore this masterpiece :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:10 am

I have not seen that one. Moon Bloodgood was in Falling Skies. Hard to forget such a unique name even though I haven't thought of her since that show ended.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:57 am

I never seen the Hard Way completely, only clips here and there but I'm sure it's great all the way around :) Oh yes, Moon Bloodgood is really fine action actress, very memorable and one of those really hot women of the 2000s that few people talk about anymore. She really has good expressions too ;) Yes, Falling Skies was a really fun show TNT. She was great there. She was also in Terminator 4 in 2009, 15 years ago this, I'll get to that one in time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:52 pm

That's the only show I ever recall seeing her in. Hadn't seen her in anything I'm aware of before or after that, sadly.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:59 pm

I remember her (Moon Bloodgood) for Eight Below. I actually really enjoyed that film.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:11 am

Acid, I never seen Eight Below, only trailers and stuff and that it star Paul Walker and is a remake of the 1983 Japanese film. I can see where Moon Bloodgood fits in. Moon is actually a Irish Korean. I love diversity like this especially in women. She is casted a lot of being Native American. Many actors has been casted becuse how they look. I talked about Cliff Curtis for an example. Recently when Roxanne Perez made her debut in NXT I thought that she was Asian but she's not, she's Peruvian. I don't know how many people really think about it but I do all the time of where the origins of Native American peoples come from :?: It's because they came from Asia & Egypt. Ever notice how Native Americans & Mexicans resemble Asians in a way :?: Well, long ago the Egyptians came over here, there's many remnants of the culture is here in the USA. Just look up the Temples in The Grand Canyon :o I mean I think it's imperative to know who we are, where we came from and what our purpose is. I hope you seen My previous post. I seriously recommend that you see Pathfinder especially if you like history like Me and think it's important and since your Canadian and all, it features ancient Canada long before it knew time :shock:

PB - Like I said, she was also in Terminator 4 which was such a good one. She was a major character and such an ideal woman. One day whenever I rejuvenate My Terminator, Alien & Predator Topic I will feature that one. I never seen The Onion Field, just a bit here & there.

Okay, on My Mom's Tough Guy DVD set was the Klansman that Posted before, like I said I had bought the film in the mid 2000s on DVD but didn't know it was on her set till recently. I told her this and she's like oh this sounds good. So We watched the movies in order as they were on the DVDs. Now there was some movies there that I didn't care for because of animal cruelty and crap. When we watched it she really liked The Klansman, Now with that being said...here's this movie, this was arguably the best of them all, even better than Blood on the Sun with James Cagney that posted, We were really surprised of how good this was...it's called Quicksand from 1950 :!:

It stars Mickey Rooney and Jeanne Cagney :shock: Rooney is very good here and this is one of the only movies i watched him in. Despite how great looking Jeanne is, she looks so much like her brother James :o One thing right after another happens in this film and really it was before it's time. I really recommend this one...here's this trailer & clip :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:41 am

I don't know if I've ever seen a Mickey Rooney film from that long ago. I know he did a lot of teen movies before that, and just had no interest in him as an actor. That looked interesting, though. "The nice girl. The other kind..." lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:22 am

I see. Well he's pretty good. the surprise was Cagney's sister. Yes, that is some tagline there and there's a reason their saying that which this is a spoiler...of Rooney would have only went with the first girl which a brunette and the blonde which is Cagney's sisters...nothing, NONE of this crap would have happen to Rooney in the movie because the brunette really cared for him and the blonde was a gold digger :!: When I first saw the movie I'm like man, that brunette is nice, she'spractiabley begging him to be with him...what a darn fool Rooney is for passing her up...if it was Me I would have had her within an instant instead of the hard to get blond :!: Also Peter Lorre was in it as well.

I never seen Eyewitness but boy it sure looked good and so did Weaver :)

Okay, so over in the Commercial Topic, I'm going to post another Wrestling CD, Slammin' Wrestling Hits. In My showcase I showed the ad it has...it is of Abraxus: Guardian of the Universe starring Jesse "The Body" Ventura, it has such radically classic poster :!:

Here's My brief quote :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
that "Cool Stuff" is their own X-Large T-Shirt that features their own mascot the "Slammin" Wrestling Character as well as the 1990 Sci-Fi actioner Abraxas starring Jesse "The Body" Ventura. They were only $12.95 each plus only $2.95 Shipping & Handling. Gosh talk about affordable items but I have no idea how many people bought these. I found this strange because Jesse was the Governor of Minnesota...Beast Records of Simitar is in Minnesota...I think there was some collaboration of a business deal going on here :? I never knew the truth about this because this album was quite obscure then cause info to be limited but now it get's such a bad wrap with people complaining about it how awful it is :roll: This is why I really despise society sometimes, everybody monkey see, monkey do, always complaining, never appreciating :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Abraxas was nearly a decade old by this time, so much in Movies & Wrestling had changed and I bet there wasn't many people thinking about that film then much less than they are now however I'm sure Ventura had a bit to do with this I mean what are the odds of all of this coming into play :batshock: :wwhuh: :smhuh:

So with that little bit being known. I recall renting this movie from Schnucks on Iron Street in late 1990, it was one of so many fun & cool films of that great year. Now, the man you see in the thumbnail here, that's Sven-Ole Thorsen. You probably don't know him and he's probably been forgotten about by most of society today :roll: I've known him since I was a youngster, he was in many Arnold Schwarzenegger films and in fact he was Arnold's stunt double for most of his films :shock: He's the villain here in Abraxus. Kind of a reunion of sorts because both he & Jesse were in Predator together. Here's the cool trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:26 pm

Never seen that before. Like Warrior and his makeup, it's still weird see Jesse without all the pomp and stuff he'd wear like the earing and hats, etc. He just looks like a dad you'd run into at the convenient store, lol.

I don't know if you remember me posting the Robert Mitchum movie Out of the Past which is a terrific film noir movie from 1947? Well, this is a remake of sorts as both were based on the 1946 novel Build My Gallows High by Daniel Mainwaring. It's where the song Against All Odds by Phil Collins came from.

Jane Greer, who played the femme fatale in the 1947 film, plays Rachel Ward's mother in this version 37 years later.

ImageImage

Also, Hall of Famer Alex Karras appears in this, though it's weird for me to think of him as anything other than George Papodopolis, the dad in Webster.

One last bit of fun trivia, Jeff Bridges' age and appearance from Against All Odds were used to re-create a 35-year-old version of him for the film Tron: Legacy

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:36 am

Yes, many times in his films he'd look like a regular guy.

I'm not sure but I know I never seen it before, the only Robert Mitchum film that i saw when he was young was Cape Fear and I've never seen Against All Odds from 1984, 40 years ago this year. That's some trivia there about Phil Collins and I never knew that about Bridges and Tron :) I'm a big Tron fan. I briefly showcased My special Blu-ray & DVDs of them in My Video Game Collection a while back. For a while I was thinking of posting some video game movies and the Tron films were two I had in mind. I'll do that in time. I always wondered about where/how they did the young Bridges in Tron: Legacy. That's cool PB ;)

Okay, here's this one, yet another that stars Charlie Sheen & Donald Sutherland along with Linda Hamilton, Stephen Lang and Sam Waterston...it's called Shadow Conspiracy :!:

It came out in 1997, part of a big lineup. I recall renting this at Schnucks on Loughorough, it was pretty big. It was a Buena Vista release which is Disney. It's one heck of a movie. Here's these trailers :)

Now the music was big surprise for Me. It's by Bruce Broughton (Silverado, The Monster Squad, Harry and the Hendersons, Tiny Toons, Stay Tuned, Honey I Blew Up the Kid & Tombstone + much more) whom is a great composer. I absolutely loved his score for Shadow Conspiracy. I found it way more better & funner than John Williams' JFK. It's so action packed and IMO to this day it still the ultimate conspiracy & assassination music :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions