Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:34 am

How about that, Bea Arthur there in that fine Drugmart Commercial :shock: She looked pretty good there.

So, that will do it for WWF The Music Vol. 4. Next is WWF Aggression that came out in 2000. Amazing how they had the Aggression Era two years after this :shock: As I said in My showcase I never got this one. I wasn't big on the songs plus I never could find it locally. From time to time I regret not getting it later I mean I miss these times :roll: Here' two different quality versions of the commercial :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:22 pm

I did not buy that one. I honestly hated when they did things like add lyrics to SCSA theme.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:06 am

Yes, having lyrics isn't always the best choice especially if it was meant to be instrumental initially. I didn't recall the first but the second Richard Simmons Commercial I did...both are good :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:36 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:31 am

Oh I loved McDonald's Big N' Tasty. I used to get 2 of'em plus more. This was during the times of the $1 Menu. You could get a lot of good food so cheap all the time. I was really disappointed when they discontinued all of that :roll: Here's a banned version of that Trump commercial and it's quite obvious why it was :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:05 am

You can't even get a drink for a $1 these days. I miss the real $1 menu. And $10 pizzas!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:24 am

I know, these modern times :roll: yes, I recall that one with Trump...I love the Stuff Crust pizza but I usually don't eat it that way, I eat regularly style but i tear the crust off then dip it into the marinara, I especially do the same with the Pizza Bites one too ;)

EDIT: I just saw your TRU Special. I'm not replying to it right now, there's a lot to say and I want to look it over again real good when I got more time and then I'll reply. I will say right now that is it an amazing & wonderful post :)

Okay, here's a quote from Me about WWF The Music Volume 5...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:I skipped getting 2000's WWF Aggression, I wasn't a fan of the majority wrestling themes being songs. I expressed this many times throughout the board. It just kinda ruins the fun of the concept & excitement of instrumental fun. You want rap & metal, go get Ice-T & Metallica albums. I'm fine with it if it's just a little bit like the albums above but not the whole darn thing :roll: This trend still remains today in wrestling which it's even worse now because it all sounds the same an downright repetitive that most wrestlers have the same type of theme, it's a very lazy & creative process and it really lowers the standards IMO :x I took a long hiatus after the demise of WCW & ECW and really only kept up with it via news pages & YouTube. So I kept on thinking that I didn't get I didn't get the 2001 album before to complete the original series when it was still something really special so about in 2010/2011 I bought it on Amazon's Market Place when I really got back into wrestling. This was WWF The Music Volume 5. It's a good one but really it's at the bottom of My list. Here's the front & back covers of the final one that I got of the line :)

I believe that is is the only commercial available :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:49 pm

I remember that one coming out but don't recall ever even giving it a glance.

My TRU trip is up!
special-events/time-travel-or-a-trip-to-canada-t1342.html

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:19 am

Oh that was a nice TRU Canada Commercial there, very sweet :) OK, there is a lot to talk about in your TRU special PB , gimme some time ti look at everything and for a proper reply ;)

Yes, it had a big build up, that's the one where they cancelled so many themes such as Steve Blackman, Dean Malenko & Saturn, APA, The Dudleys, T&A, Hardys and more...if they didn't do that because of budget & time constraints it would have been arguably the best wrestling theme CD ever IMO :roll: Okay, well that was it for WWF The Music Volume 5. Next up is WCW Mayhem The Music. Here's a brief part of My Showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
So during the great heyday of the Attitude Era, things was really root and branch in 1999. WWF had already put out four volumes of wrestling theme albums since 1996 and WCW hasn't put out nothing. They really weren't doing much with their music despite their themes were just as cool as the competition. I remember way back in 97 they had only a handful of themes to download on their page compared to WWF's AOL library. It was huge for Me in 96 when I first downloaded wrestling themes from AOL but when it came to WCW it was quite bittersweet. They were on AOL too be but it was limited. Still to this day there still isn't a clear & official version of Wrath's 1st theme, that was one of the best ever and I've been searching for it since his debut in 1997 :o So here comes 99 and WCW announces that they are finally going to have their own despite they had WCW Slam Jam Vol. 1 from 1992 and this new one is called WCW Mayhem The Music and it will coincide with the EA Video Game of the same title :shock: I really had no idea how it was going to be but I soon would. Here is the good looking Front & Back covers :)

This came out in 1999, 25 years ago this year and coincided with the WCW Mayhem N64 EA Video Game and the WCW Mayhem PPV itself. Here's the only commercial that I could find of it but it's pretty cool :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:05 pm

I never paid much attention to WCW. Seemed like whenever I put it out it was some nWo or Goldberg's theme. I don't recall actually hearing many others often enough, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions