Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:44 am

How about that Swarm of London & Danielson...how did the camera person not laugh along with them too :shock:

Okay, now during that great time of Yoko & Luger, Yoko would have allies. They were the Quebecers that I already posted and the other was Ludvig Borga that debuted on the same show :!: When My Grandpa returned home from the Bike Shop I told him all about Ludvig :) PB, your finally gonna see him. He was one of My all-time faves. His real name was Tony Halme. He was the real deal, a Finnish brute that was a wrestler, boxer and MMA fighter plus a movie star and politician. Borga was was trained by Gene LeBell whom trained Chuck Norris :!: He was 6 foot 4 and weighted 300 pounds and was a bit bigger than Brock Lesnar, he was Vince McMahon's second monster like this, the first was WBF's Gary Strydom. I talked about this in My 93. Borga had a lot of firsts that predated many things that would come later such as The People''s Eyebrow, Survey Time and Choke on That...The Rock, Scott Hall & Jeff Jarrett all would borrow from Borga yet it unfortunately never caught on with the plebeians till they did it though :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here's one of his first vignettes :)

More of him tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:13 pm

I've heard of him better never saw him wrestle or speak, really.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:24 am

Well just you wait a moment ;) Ah, Sunshine, she was very sweet. She's actually a real life cousin of Jimmy Garvin :shock: She was talking about Precious :!: She has goo expressions and that was a fine promo by Sunshine :)

Okay, here is Ludvig's debut on Monday Night Raw :!: He goes up against Phil Apollo who would be Doink after Matt Borne left :shock: This is a very impressive debut and he would get better & better. Listen to how McMahon talks about Borga and watch how easy Borga lifts up Apollo in the torture rack :o

Okay, this promo was filmed on the same day before SummerSlam 93 aired. This is one of My all-time fave promos. PB, We were talking about School before...well Ludvig was speaking such truth about High School Dropouts signing the country away...it was getting bad even then in 93 :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here's the promo :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:40 pm

He's not totally wrong, though, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:01 am

Oh yes, he was correct on many things in his promos. Like I said, he was a legit guy, what you saw is what you got in real life and he predated so much :) Amazing how Christian is now, shame they didn't focus on the beating back there though then again we see the look on Christian's face.

Okay, I made a big spotlight in My 93 about ICOPRO a long while back. It was a big thing within the WWF from 92 - 95. Like I said in My spotlight, when I'd go to KB Toys in Crestwood Plaza, there was a GNC across the way. I'd go there first to see ICOPRO. I'd pick it up, feel the box, read it and all that about Titan Sports. While I was getting serious about weightlifting and stuff, I never got it, it was fairly expensive like $30 - $60 depending on the sizes. I was like nope, I'd rather get the action figures from KB Toys ;) Here's these featuring Bret "The Hitman" Hart from late 92 - early 93 when he was the WWF Champion :)

More of this tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:31 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:13 am

Donald trump was almost assassinated yesterday :shock: Oh I recall about that with Trump and of course Wrestlemania 4 & 5. That's when I first saw Trump plus his brief appearance at WM7. Amazing how Trump & Vinnie Mac are so close in real life I mean McMannequin even became his finical adviser :shock:

Here's this ICOPRO :)

BONUS :shock:

SPECIAL BONUS :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:39 pm

That's why I chose one of his promos. I also really considered changing my avatar to a picture from yesterday but held off not wanting to get too political.

I know he was probably there because the show was in Calgary, but I'd love it if AEW signed DK. Hopefully yesterday was the start of that. I'd love to see him at All Out/In in the UK.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:08 am

I see. Well I hope The Dynamite Kid does become part of the AEW roster :)

Okay, well that just about does it for ICOPRO. Next is the other big thing I spotlighted that hardly anybody ever acknowledges that gopes along with ICOPR...the WBF. It was Vinnie Mac's own bodybuilding federation that was announced in 1990 and started in 91 and I thought it was quite good. I didn't really get into till 92 then unfortunately it folded :roll:

Here;s the announcement with promos :)

Here's this great PPV promo, just a like a classic WWF commercial :)

I got a lot more greats stuff to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:48 am

I can't believe they got all those famous bodybuilders! Just kidding. I have no idea who any of them are. I always thought the people that got overly jacked like that, especially the women, looked kind of gross.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc