Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:13 am

Yes, I agree with that but overall magnitude was greater because of the huge lineup that came before Luger. It was looking bleak that Football & Hockey players who were so bragged about couldn't lift him and that it was hopeless that the WWF's Superstars couldn't do it, not even Kona Crush who was thought to be the strongest pound for pound athlete in just not in the WWF but the entire world at the time and he couldn't do it. It was such great story telling so well done :) I thought EC3 was going to go straight President Whitmore there as he said the same stuff as he did but that was a pretty good one except about the past...sounds like what Batista said in the reboot of Mortal Kombat :roll: See how memorable those lines are from the ID4 movie , he even said it :shock:

As a side note, back during this day My Mom really liked Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Diesel & Lex Luger but she really liked Crush :)

Okay, so the day after the Stars and Stripes Challenge. Master Fuji & Yokozuna has a promo. Let Mr. Fuji tell you WHAT HE THOUGHT OF THE SLAM :shock: Here comes Kona Crush and a challenge is issued for next week.:!: Gosh I love how the crowd is here, they were so into it, no phones to stare into and be distracted by, most are chanting USA and look during the first 30 seconds, you see Vlad the Superfan, remember the trailer I posted a few short weeks ago :o Also this time was so unpredictable on Raw, you never knew what would happen unlike today's WWE, that's another thing I loved about this era, so many things happen that you thought would never :!:

So here's the next week, Crush get's his chance. Macho comes to his rescue because he's his best friend. Macho & Crush will have a story to tell later on. Yoko is such a monster here and listen to what Bobby "The Brain" Heenan says too :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:17 pm

I never really saw Crush wrestle. It's crazy how the older Savage got the more absurd his costumes got, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:28 am

Well, I'll be posting more of Crush in time. Like I said, Crush and Savage has a big story to tell that was later in the year of 93 when Crush recovered from being destroyed by Yoko.

Oh man, I seen that on Raw Talk this week. This is going to be something. Bo is becoming a lot like Bray now, he's looking a lot like him even more. Uncle Howdy's appearance is deuce mixture of Bray & Barry Windham. I'm glad their not rushing this. This needs to build to be very effective, I hope it gets to the scale of how The Bloodline was.

Okay, since you posted that I'll post this because tonight is Money in the Bank LIVE from Toronto, Canada. Look for My spotlight of it in the PLE Topic soon today :) Now this was on Raw, I saw this on raw Talk as well. A good promo between Sami Zayn & Bron Breakker. I don't know if you have really been following Breakker. I know you don't like his name but he's truly one to follow. Everything he does is so cool. He won the NXT Championship just weeks after he debuted. I mentioned that Jason Jordan was kinda like him but really Bron IMO is more gifted plus way more entertaining. He's so much like his Daddy Rick and his Uncle Scott Steiner. I've known them since I was a youngster so following their boy now is something else. In fact when you see him in this promo he's got so much of their characteristic & expressions especially Scott...he even sounds like Big Poppa Pump He runs so fast too...Booker T. clocked his speed at 23 MPH :o I hope Bron wins the Intercontinental Championship TONITE...here's the promo, Bron comes out with the siren and LISTEN to the crowd barking like they did for his Father,"The Dog Faced Gremlin" :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:14 pm

It's weird, he really does sound more like Scott than Rick.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:29 am

Yes, when I first saw him I thought it was the opposite that he was Scott's son :shock: I posted My spotlight of the MITB with the results so check them out when you can ;)

Oh that was a great fun feud with The Islanders & the Bulldogs back then, amazing how you had a Tongan & an Samoan there, kinda like how it is in the Bloodline right :)

Here's this promo of Mr. Perfect during one of his first vignettes :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:25 pm

These vignettes were so good. I think the football one is the most iconic. I was young enough that I didn't really remember him from the AWA since I only saw it sporadically on ESPN, he wasn't someone I really recalled and didn't know anything about his father being a wrestler. Life was something back then. How did we learn anything without the internet?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:35 am

I see. Yes, it was quite different then. I learned through My Grandpa I mean he taught Me about The Von Erichs, watching other TV shows and looking at & reading wrestling books like PWI :) That was some promo there with Curt & The Midnight Rockers. When I saw that just now immediately a big moment popped in there :shock: They had a reunion of sorts back in 93...this was one of the many unpredictable times of this fun era...check all of this out :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:21 pm

I liked the Rockers, they're one of the last tag teams I remember liking as a kid before I stopped watching. It's a shame how Marty couldn't stay clean and has real bad health issues now.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:41 am

I see. Yes it's a real darn shame about Marty Jannetty and ever since the Michaels betrayed Marty during that iconic Barber Shop segment, every team there after has been seen who's the Michaels & who's the Jannetty :roll: It's been said on WWE programming in recent times too. Oh I recall that feud with The Dollhouse and The Beautiful People. It was really a good fun one. I loved the style of both'em. They all looked really good :batwink:

Okay, moving back to the feud between Yokozuna & Lex Luger. This here is a contract signing for SummerSlam 93 with an all-star, a real who's who of WWF officials in the the ring including Bruce Pritchard, Dave Hebner and of course WWF President Jack Tunney :shock: Now what is really important about this one is that THIS was Jim Cornette's first appearance ever in the WWF :o He becomes the spokesman for Yoko along with Mr. Fuji. When I first saw this happen when it aired on Monday Night Raw, I was holy crap, Cornette is here from the NWA/WCW :o So this was really the beginnings of the partnership between the the WWF & SMW I mean what better option to have the head of Smokey Mountain Wrestling to be a part of the WWF Championship scene :o Here's the video :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc