Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:43 am

My interest in stuff has changed a bit over the years. A teenage Brandon wouldn't think twice about seeing a Cagney film in his teenage years but I've come to realize that now the movies of the past are great and you never know what you'll see :) I've never seen Yankee Doodle Dandy, just one I've never got too yet.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:06 pm

I was the same way until my late teens, early twenties when I started looking into older classics because most of the new movies in the late 90s on kind of sucked. I mean, you had comedies that were all Farrelly Bros. type 6th grade humor, Jim Carrey, and parodies that got worse and worse. I just couldn't stand a lot of it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:20 am

Oh yeah, I felt way then a bit but over the past decade especially the last few years most new films are just so-so to Me. I'm like why did you have to reboot it...your making this new movie with elements that's been done so many times before, where are you going with this now :?: I just prefer the original stuff just not in movies in just about everything, wrestling, video games, toys, you name it. It was all so much cooler. I look at stuff from the 90s and it's just moe satisfying to Me than the new stuff. I read more and more comments on YT of more people saying about wrestling, movies etc. in the 80s & 90s that "We just didn't know how we had it then" and every-time I read people saying that I'm like oh yeah, I couldn't agree more. Now I've never seen A Street Car Named Desire, I've only seen clips, maybe one day I'll see it. I know We talked about this Marlon Brando before...the Godfather...I was never interested in that trilogy and that's an example of how I was before but recently My Mom wanted to see it...I said okay, it's on Peacock. One day I'll post about them ;)

Now, I'm not saying the newer stuff is bad, you just don't get teh same feeling you do with the oler stuff or at least that's the way it is with Me. Here's a recent movie I saw at the show in 2015. It's called Hot Pursuit starring Reese Whitherspoon & Sofia Vergara :!:

The film was pretty good, not as fun as Armed & Dangerous but it was good. I always thought that Vergara could have been so much more than just a good looking comedy act plus she's basically the same in everything, the situation really reminds Me of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the accent never changes. Here's the trailer :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:59 pm

I don't know if I've ever actually watched her in anything. Never watched Modern Family nor seen this movie.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:22 am

I never really never did either. The only other movies I seen her in was Machete Kills and she was the same in that except she was an exotic dominatrix but since that is really a Latino & Latina franchise, she was quite ideal for that role with her accent. I'll spotlight the Machete movies in time :) The other was Bent from 2018 with Karl Urban & Andy Garcia and again, the same accent all and that.

I never seen those Rodney Dangerfield films, something else there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:06 pm

Kevin Bacon turns 66 today!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:20 am

Happy B-Day to the Bad Bacon as My Grandma used to call him ;) I never seen Pyrates before. Amazing how Bacon & Sedgwich were together even then in 91 :shock:

Okay, another film on My Mom's DVD set, Tough Guys of Action was this one :shock:

The Man in the Attic came out in 1953 and it stars Jack Palance...it's about Jack the Ripper...it was really good :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:26 pm

Never seen that one. I never really knew who Jack Palance was by name until City Slickers, and then I was like, that's the guy from Batman, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:54 am

Yes, I had a similar situation. Batman was the first thing I seen him in. My Grandpa knew exactly whom he was, he told Me all about him though unfortunately I was stupid and never took an interest even years later :roll: Ah, Howard Stern's Private Parts from 1997. I saw in the Zen that you saw that at the show. I bet that was something to see PB :shock: I never watched it before but I'm well aware of it however. Seeing that trailer makes Me miss those times even more. I recall him at the 92 MTV Music Awards as Fart Man for the first time, I thought it was funny. I believe i posted it in My Classic Music Videos Topic a while back. How apropos that Paramount did Wayne's World & Chris Farley movies and they did Howard Stern as well :shock:

Okay PB, big Bruce Willis fan, have you seen this one that was also from 1997 :?:

It was something and one of Willis' underrated movies. Jack Black has a big part in it and it's unreal about him it in too :o

Here's the Main Tile by Carter Burwell, it's quite unique :)

So I'll post the Die Hard movies including the 3rd one in time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:08 pm

I did see that one back then. I liked Richard Gere as well.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions