Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:37 am

It's been a long while since I've posted in this great Horror Topic of Mine. A little over a year is way too long :roll:

Happy Father's Day :) Now, here is a very special spotlight that is dedicated to My Father Paul but everybody called him Buddy...even Me :roll: I know many times I speak kinda negative about him but I try not too. Last month in May was his Birthday and I never said anything about it :roll: So, if you recall, last year I made a big spotlight of Big Trouble in Little China and I had explained that if it wasn't for that night when I visited him I would have never seen the movie and and even if I had I wouldn't be the huge fan of the movie that I am today...it would have been like how did I miss this :?: I truly believe that :) It's one of My all-time fave movies and if you didn't see My great spotlight...you can go to this link right right here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-discussions/this-thread-has-not-yet-been-rated-movie-trailers-t1254-650.html

I just posted a special movie called The Eliminators from 1986 that I saw with him over in the Movie Trailer Topic here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post52368.html#p52368 :!:

Now, I'm going to speak of a similar time like that with My Dad :) He was apparently flipping through channels which and he was like hey Brandon in his Stallone-like voice...check out this movie, I think you'll like it. This was on HBO or Showtime. I was like this looks spooky...killer Dolls :o Here's this movie that came out in 1986, it's called Dolls...here's the scary poster :!:

It's about a group of people that get stranded during a Thunderstorm, they seek shelter at an old Puppet maker couple's mansion where unbeknownst to them, their puppets house the lost souls of murderers among other criminals. they must survive in order to not become "Dolls" themselves :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp: Like The Eliminators, this is produced by Charles Band and made thru his company Empire Pictures :) This predated 1988's Child's Play and even Charles Band's own Puppet Master franchise in 1989 :shock: Here's the trailer :blbat:

Here's the creepy but very good score theme Fuzzbee Morse :blsm:

Gifs :blww:

I look at this now and I'm like dang, I watched this when I was only about 6 years old :o Yep, it just wasn't My Dad, I watched scary stuff with My Grandparents too at this young age and that's why I'm a horror freak :batgrin: More scary stuff to come soon :blaq:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:31 pm

I remember seeing that on HBO as well back in the day. Just parts. I'm not sure if I ever watched the whole thing.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:54 am

Oh that's good PB. Oh I know I did but it's been at least a good 20 years or so since I last saw it. Like I did with Big Trouble In Little China & The Eliminators, I found it over at Annie Burke's Daughter's Movie Mogul to rent. They had such a superb horror section in the back of the store...oh man they were so good which I greatly showcased them in My Odds & End's showcase Glory Days of Movie Rentals :blbat: My Grandma is like gosh, you saw that with Buddy and I'm like yep I sure did :shock: I think she thought was spooky. I'm not sure about My Grandpa however, in fact I don't recall watching it with him at all :roll: My Mom is still not interested it because of some of gory parts in it :wwshock:

Thanks for your reply PB, I look to update this Topic more often cause with Me it doesn't have to be Halloween time to talk about scary movies & stuff :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:36 am

So today is the Fourth of July so that means here comes a movie that takes place during this time...it's I Know What You Did Last Summer :o

After Scream changed the game of Slasher Flicks in the year of change of 1996, this one came along in 1997 :blsm: I saw this for the first time along with it's sequel when We rented them over at Schnucks on Loughborough vis their Video Club. It has a good cast including Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze Jr. (both would be in the Scooby-Doo movies - see My special Halloween showcase of My great Scooby-Doo movie collection in My all-crucial Odds & Ends). Ryan Phillippe is here and this was the first time I saw the hot Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Recently Packer posted a clip in his Zen Topic of her in Boy Meets World before she was in the film...I did not know she was in that show :o

The film is about Four teenage friends who have a tragic accident on THE FOURTH OF JULY then is stalked by a hook-wielding maniac in their small seaside town :blaq:

Sarah looked pretty good here and her boobs look as big if not bigger than Hewitt's :batwink:

Here's the TV Spot :!:

Here's the Trailer :!:

The score is by John Debney who is a great composer. He did wonders for 97's The Relic which i greatly spotlighted within this Topic of Mine because it's one of My all-time faves. Here's this great cue :blbat:

GIFS :!:

So I wasn't going to go this far but what the heck, it's a little bonus. Here's the sequel that was filmed back to back in 1998 called I Still Know What You Did Last Summer :o

As you can some new people are in it. The cast is Jennifer Love Hewitt, Mekhi Phifer, Brandy Norwood, Freddie Prinze Jr. & Matthew Settle

Jack Black has a crazy role here :shock:

Jeffery Combs of many Sci-Fi & Horror films guest stars :o

The Hook Killer :blbat:

Elements are different but the story is very similar to the first. Here's the Trailer :!:

Here's this from Access Hollywood, a show Me & My Grandma used to watch a lot back in the day :)

The music is by greatly underrated horror composer John Frizzel who I feeatured his music in this Topic when I did the remake of 13 Ghosts, here's this cool cue :)

GIFS :blww:

So it's amazing that all of this terror happen because of what occurred on The 4th of July :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

The I know What You Did Last Summer franchise spawned more including another sequel plus a series. I may get to them at a latter date. More great Horror stuff to come soon and again have a Happy & Safe Fourth of July :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:23 am

I forgot it was a 4th of July movie until I saw it on a movie list this morning. I remember seeing it in the theater. It may've been a discount chain so like $1.50 if you can believe it. Those types of films were coming out every week it seemed after Scream hit big.

And yep, Jennifer Love Hewitt guest starred on one of the best Halloween sitcom episodes ever. Except it came out in February. There actually was a Boy Meets World Halloween episode that year that had Candace Cameron-Bure guest starring but it's no where near as revered an episode. Hewitt was dating Will Friedle (Eric) at the time.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:12 am

How about that. Yes, there's lists out there for Holiday films. There are some others I could have chosen but ultimately, I chose I know What You Did Last Summer because really it was the coolest. Yes, I can believe it. Many times, Me & My Grandparents went to a couple dollar theaters. The Kingsland on Gravois & Wehrenberg in South County that was next to K-Mart & Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, like Urban Legends :blsm: I might post them & Scream in time. I did not know that :shock: That's cool that you posted that again PB, such a good scene :blww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:50 am

Happy Friday the 13th, here's a couple special videos...first up is this one from Friday the 13th: Part 3D from 1982 :!:

And here's this from Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan from 1989, 35 years ago this year :blaq:

I got a lot planned that's I'm going to post here soon so be alert :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:49 pm

Jason Takes Manhattan was the first one I was actually "allowed" to see. I'd seen other ones before that were mostly edited for TV versions, but that was the first one where my parents thought I was old enough to watch an unedited version, lol. I was 11. Watching those films now they almost seem tame compared to some of the stuff put out since then. But that's what makes them classics.

I never saw a true old school 3D movie in the theaters, sadly. I bet they were fun.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:48 am

Even though I became a horror freak at an early age, there was ones that I couldn't see too and yes, the edited TV versions were the only way for a youngster. Sometimes that's good to see that way because it makes an alternate version of a film with new scenes and such, Halloween 2 is a good example right there. Sometimes I still find the older violent stuff more effective than today's. Yeah, darn shame the 3D movies were gone by 1983...I would have loved to see original 3D films at the show especially that one with Jason :roll: I'm sure they were super exciting :blbat:

Soon I'm going to post several movies here as I got a big lineup coming soon so when you see a new post by here...then you know there's something scary & new to check out :blww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions