Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:18 am

I really couldn't tell ya what's on TV now since I don't have a DVR. I was always disappointed with it. Most of the time when i wanted to watch certain films or classic cartoons, TV shows, wrestling and spooky stuff like Freddy's Nightmares, it was never on. I was never interested in reality stuff which the majority of that was on. When it came down to it only WWE & AEW was it for Me (Destination America wasn't part of the package so TNA wasn't available) then we had to cancel the DVR. I can tell the new stuff that's on NBC because it's on Peacock and some of it is interesting and some of it not. It's good to know what's on though ;) I never seen Together Brothers. That's looked pretty good. The little boy reminded of the boy in Scrooged. That came out in 1974, 50 years ago this year :shock: It said the music was by Barry White. My Grandma love him :) Amazing that was rated PG :o

Okay, here's another one that has it's 50th anniversary this year from 1974 and it continues about the KKK...it's called The Klansman :!: It stars Lee Marvin, Richard Burton and O.J. Simpson :o

It also goes by the name of Burning Cross.

I never knew about the film till I saw it for sale over at Walgreens in Holly Hills in the mid 2000s. I saw the DVD and I'm like oh man, this looks pretty good and sure enough it was. Here's the trailer :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:01 pm

Never heard of that one. I bet OJ killed it! Too soon?

Ricky Gervais is 63 today. I can't say I've seen too much of his stuff, but he was in the original version of The Office in the UK, and his hosting of the 2020 Golden Globes was pretty epic. I never watch rewards shows, but this is worth a watch...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:25 am

Oh O.J. was something in it and has a surprising climax too :shock: I remember that Ricky Gervais moment. I recall how so many people didn't care about the show yet they did about what he said :shock: I never seen Ghost Town but I recall the trailer.

Okay, here's this great one that goes along with Outbreak because it also came out in 1995...it's called Just Cause :!:

It's a very good movie :)

Like Outbreak, it has a tremendous score by James Newton Howard that I've listen to countless times over the years :) If you listen to Outbreak then you'll be thinking this has the same sound and you be right because it's James Newton Howard, such a great sounding composer, really one of the best and these two cues are from his official YT, you can see his picture in the upper left corner :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:34 pm

At first, I was thinking that was the one with the murder in the White House but that was with Hillary Clinton, I mean Wesley Snipes, and Sean Connery wasn't even in that, lol. I don't think I ever saw Just Cause, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:35 am

Nope, it's not that one. Just Cause is very good :) Oh man, I never seen 2001: A Space Travesty before...I'm really not sure if I knew about it and it's like how in the Sam "Freggin" Heck did I miss that one :o I'll have to see about that in the future :shock:

Okay, now this is one of My Grandpa's favorites...when he was a little boy he used to listen to radio program all the time and taught Me all about it back in the day...it's none other than The Shadow :batshock:

It came out in 1994, 30 years ago this year :o It stars Alec Baldwin from Beetlejuice as the titled character...

We rented this over at Star Video. I recall when I first saw this with My Grandparents I said that The Shadow looks like Bela Lugosi. They kinda agreed. It was he eyes since he was covered up by the face mask & hat. I love how he wield double pistols :!:

Penelope Ann Miller is his love interest and she was a fine one. She was in Kindergarten Cop, Carlitos's Way and The Relic, all really good films :)

John Lone is the villain. Just recently I posted a great ninja movie he was in that starred Christopher Lambert from 1995 called The Hunted :!:

Tim Curry is his henchman and he's as good as ever :!:

Their at odds at times :shock:

Peter Boyle & Sab Shimono make appearances.

Johnathan Winters is in the film as well.

The Shadow is an extremely underrated movie IMO :roll:

Here's the great trailer :)

On the awesome soundtrack, it has a really cool hologram cover...the first track is the iconic saying from the Radio Serial "The Shadow Knows" :!: My Grandpa just loved this, I mean imagine being almost 60 and finally...FINALLY they make a movie of something that he used to listen to on the Radio when he was a kid. I didn't appreciate that then but over time I learned how important that was :)

The score was by the late great Jerry Goldsmith. This was huge for My Grandpa too because not only was this story one he grew up with, the movie's score was by one of his fave composers too that he knew for decades before I was a thought and this main title is wonderful :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:35 pm

I never saw The Shadow. Those pulpy characters never interested me much besides Dick Tracy because that was so heavily promoted at the time.

Tobey Maguire turned 49 today...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:12 am

The Shadow is a very good film, Tim Curry is a great villainous goon. Oh yes, Dick Tracy came out in the huge fun year of 1990. It had major promotion, it was like Batman 1989 all over again for Me a year later :) I love that movie, in fact I watched it recently. I just love that movie. One day I'll spotlight it, who knows it might be soon cause it's on My mind a lot usually :shock:

Spider-Man from 2002 was great. It was the second movie of the Marvel craze when fans were finally satisfied of what a Marvel movie should be (X-Men in 2000 was the first). Me, My Mom and her friend Don from Sears saw it at the show. I thought it was a very good film though but not My fave of the original trilogy. Happy B-Day to Tobey Maguire. This was the first film I recall seeing him in and same thing with James Franco. This film was promoted pretty big too especially by the ToyBiz figures. Now that trailer that you posted was the first teaser before 9/11 happen. As you saw it heavily featured the World Trade Center/WTC, even in Spidey's eyes :!: They filmed a lot of that pre-9/11 but because of the attacks & destruction, the movie went through a lot of changes. It's one of THE last movies to actually feature the Twin Towers when they were still standing. Now of course one of the things that really attracted this even more was that the score was by Danny Elfman. I was like he did Batman 13 years ago, how is this going to be :?: It was very decent but it just didn't have the power and sheer magic the Batman 89 score had, also, it was 2002, a ton had changed a lot as well so the great feeling on times like 1989 wasn't there either. Elfman just came off the Planet of the Apes movie in 2001 which IMO is his greatest score. It wasn't his doing, he had to do what he had to work with scoring the movie. Here's the Main Title :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:12 pm

I bought a few of those ToyBiz figs from KB. You walk past things enough on your lunch break and you convince yourself you need them, lol.

I DVRd this documentary like a year ago but finally watched it last night. It was interesting. As a kid before satellite tv we would get WPIX and WWOR out of New York City using the antenna, and I'd often see commercials for this place and always thought it looked like a lot of fun. Wel...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:24 am

Well good. Yes KB, gosh i miss those days when there was malls and you could just go to any little store you wanted and especially a KB because that was like the number one store for Me. Like I've read many people in comments say during wrestling promos of the 80s & 90s..."we didn't know how we had it then" :roll:

I had a ton of stuff on the DVR when We had to cancel it. I never knew about Class Action Park. That documentary looked interesting.

I just found out that actor Martin Mull just passed away. I just saw him in Clue :roll:

I wasn't that familiar with him really except being the DJ in 96's Jingle All The Way :roll:

May Martin Mull Rest In Peace :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Ah, that's too bad. He was always funny in the things I'd seen him in like Clue and Roseanne. In fact, the last show I seen him in was the first few episodes of a current show on ABC called, ironically enough, Not Dead Yet. Couldn't find any clips of him on there though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions