Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Animals: Various News P2!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:15 am

Don't forget to check out My news-stories in the previous post :) Amazing that Punxsutawney Phil is now a Daddy ;) His mate Phyllis gave birth to 2 pups, Sunny & Shadow...what apropos names those are :lol: :)

Phil's Babies 1.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Punxsutawney Phil is now a Daddy!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:26 pm

Those are great names, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Animals: Punxsutawney Phil is now a Daddy!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:31 am

Yes, they certainly do fit ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Angler Footballfish!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:11 am

This is unreal, this Angler Footballfish lives far deep in the ocean, this one washed ashore in Oregon...seeing one of these in person is like finding Gold on the street :o The appendage on it's head is it's angler hence it's name. It's lights up with bioluminescence to catch it's prey :!:

Angler Footballfish 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Angler Footballfish!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:39 am

That is one freaky fish.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Sky: Strawberry Full Moon!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:06 am

Yes it is, there's a lot fish & creatures way down in the ocean that looks like stuff from a Lovecraft novel and there's so much more that is unknown :o I really love that there is still unknown life waiting to be discovered :)

Last night was the Summer Solstice Strawberry Full Moon. Me & My Mom went to Schnucks on Gravois & Hampton then Dirt Cheap and We got a good look at it. My Grandma loved the Moon, she'd talk to Me about it a lot especially during the Winter. I hope you and many other people around the country were out looking at it's pure magnificence. It was huge and only comes along once in a while :)

Strawberry Moon 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Giant Humming Bird!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:35 am

Did anybody see the Strawberry Full Moon on Friday :?: It was gorgeous :)

Now here's this. scientists strapped tiny backpacks on Hummingbirds. By doing this they found a new specie of Giant Hummingbird :o Most Hummingbirds are tiny, only the size of a Half Dollar but these new ones are quite large, as big as a Blue Jay :!:

Giant Hummingbird 1.jpg

Now I'm finally seeing Hummingbirds this year, I finally spotted one the other day. I've seen them earlier than this in previous years. They love nectar and must survive on it. Their so cute and fly so darn fast. Soon We gotta put the Hummingbird feeder out. Do you guys get Hummingbirds in your area :?: Also the Cicadas are getting in full force. Their making their songs now. I noticed it the other day as well which I'm glad of that. They sound a bit different so I believe it is the kind that I took pictures of :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Weather: Severe Thunderstorms!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:42 am

I wanted to post this earlier but didn't. It was a few weeks ago. We were under sever Thunderstorm Warnings, it was a very good storm with loud Thunder & Lightning. I was surprised that a little bit before it they issued it on Bing :shock:

Severe Thunderstorms 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Man get's Rattlesnake in Mail, attempted Murder

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:58 am

Holy crap, a man in California got a Rattlesnake in the mail unexpectedly...he believes somebody tried to murder him...same thing happen to his family as well :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Rattlesnake 1.jpg

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Man get's Rattlesnake in Mail, attempted Murder

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 pm

Geez, he must've pissed someone off.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions