Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:58 am

I see. I thought the Brawl For All was kinda cool but the results were quite surprising and shocking compared to the wrestling matches. Oh that was a wild Sheepherders & Dynamite Kid promo there :shock:

Okay, so after Dr. Death Steve Williams recovered from all of that...he returned as a mysterious masked man from Japan wearing a Japanese mask attaching Bart Gunn :o

So a bit after that Williams is revealed and managed by Jim Ross now. Bart Gunn & Butterbean has a promo then we see Ed Ferrera (the co-head booker with Vince Russo) as Oklahoma and Williams faces the Hardy Boys in a handicap match :o

More of him tomorrow and you might be a bit surprised ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:15 pm

I vaguely remember JR working with him. They really did Bart Gunn raw. Even Butterbean was more of punishment for him effing up their Brawl for All plans.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:20 am

Oh Playboy Buddy Rose, he was always really good on the mic, i really liked him. When he returned to the WWF in 1990, that was a good time of his and funny too :)

Yes, there is some stuff I couldn't find about him & JR but we'll see about that next time cause since you said about Bart Gunn and all that...I'll show you this. Here's his fight with Butterbean at WMXV, 25 years ago this year in 1999 :shock: This was quite big for Us. Me & My Grandparents already knew whom Butterbean was years before this and My Grandpa loved Vinny "The Paz" Pazienza. He followed his career a lot on TV. He was really shocked how Paz broke his neck and then came back. Oh the times of boxing in the 90s was so fun as I talked about before in your the Zen Topic PB ;) So this was something, here we're watching wrestling and there's this boxing on in the event too, the best of both worlds :) Paz is the special guest referee in the match. Watch how poor Bart Gunn get's totally knocked out here :o

Okay, here's this short interview with Butterbean about a year ago. Listen to what he says about Gunn, Paz and more :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:17 pm

Yeah, hearing how all that went down makes Vince look like a grade a a-hole, but it's also not surprising.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:12 am

Indeed. Dusty & Murdoch :!: Okay, here's this between Dr. Death Steve Williams & Hardcore Holly. Those poor Fish :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

This is one of Williams's last appearances in the WWF. That's Bruce Pritchard aka Brother Love :shock: Even stranger he' admits that Tom Pritchard is his brother...that's one of the only times ever that I recall him doing that or that it was ever acknowledged on a wrestling show :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Also that's The Giant Silva there of The oddities.

Here's the interview with Williams about Jim Ross plus more...TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

As a bonus. The Doctor that Williams was talking about, I've known Dr. James Andrews decades ago. I wanted to find the one with Diesel when Sid injured him in 95 but I couldn't but this recent A&E one will do with Lex Luger cause it was a huge deal back then in 92 when he was a big part of the WBF which I spotlighted in My Yo, Do You Remember 92 & 93 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:10 pm

Don't recall any of that time with Steve Williams and Giant Silva. Not sure why.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:18 am

Oh man, I sure remember that with Owen Hart, he was so great. He wasn't The King of Harts yet. This is what I was talking about before, this was such a great brother vs. brother feud. The WWF was very fun at that time too :)

Huh, yeah , he really wasn't there that long. They totally misused used Giant Silva, he should have been Giant Gonzales 2.0 but instead just an oddity that was really a regular guy :roll:

So, after his time in the WWF, Dr. Death Steve Williams went back to WCW late 99 which was amazing that he was in the WWF & WCW the same year :shock: Who is his new manger :?: It's JR...oh wait that's Ed Ferrera as Oklahoma AGAIN :o Now isn't that something else :?: This was when Ed & Vince "Vic Venom" Russo both left WWF and became the head bookers there and became the dreaded "Powers that Be" :!: Ed owned the Oklahoma character so that's how he was able to reprise that again somewhere else. Here's Steve is facing Vampiro, Jerry Only of the Misfits :!:

After his brief run in WCW, in 2000 he got his revenge on Bart Gunn in Japan :!: :!: :!:

If that wasn't sweet enough, he got even more redemption the following year in 2001 and I believe this was one of Bart's final bouts :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:33 pm

That was a terrible time at WCW.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:24 am

Yeah, I have to agree. It had it's moments but I wanted to like it but it was hard at times. This is one of the reasons why I love WCW in 95 and before that, it was so much funner. However, I love how the women were in WCW then, oh now that was really sweet :batwink:

Okay, this is the last of Dr. Death Steve Williams for a while. First, here's this of Terry" Bam Bam" Gordy :shock: IMO he was so underrated and the most overlooked of The Freebirds IMO :roll:

Now here's a double promo of Williams & Gordy, they weren't always friends as they had some of the best matches facing each other. This is from UWF and yes that's Bruce Pritchard aka Brother Love so when you saw Williams & Pritchard in before in 99, that was a bit of a reunion there :shock:

As a bonus Williams faces Hakushi here in Japan :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:06 pm

It's a shame Gordy died so young he probably had a few good years still in him.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc