Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:28 am

Well dang, I think one video is enough material I mean it's way better than nothing and it's doesn't matter how long it is plus it's NEWS ;) Yeah, that's one thing about AEW, it's predictable about things when they do stuff like that. It's incredible how good Sting still is at his age and yes, he should be champion no matter where he goes and in fact his team is one that deserved it too :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

I thought this was a really good match. I loved that his tights look kind of like old school British Bulldogs tights. At times I thought I was watching the original DK vs Greg Valentine. Shame they didn't post the whole match, but here's the second half. When Tommy puts on some more muscle the similarity to the original Dynamite Kid is going to be uncanny.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 am

Yes, that was a great match. I think there was enough to be seen there to see how cool this was PB and yes that was rad that he was wearing those tights :o that's great that Nigel said about Owen beating Bret :!: I'm just gonna quote Myself from your Wrestling Theme Topic :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Yes that was, gosh...Nephew...he looks like he is The Dynamit than Rick Steiner's son :o Funny how that goes.
e Kid's son :shock: Looks like a similar thing is going there like with Bron Breakker being more like Scott Steiner's kid
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 pm

It was pretty fun. At one point before that video he did the Bret Hart running knee off the ropes which was a nice move.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 14, 2024 7:33 am

Oh that was a great homage there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 27, 2024 10:41 am

So it was a big wrestling weekend this past weekend. WWE King and Queen of the Ring was Saturday which I just posted the results in My PLE Topic :) Last night was AEW Double or Nothing :!:

This AEW Topic doesn't get the attention it deserves. There's been some good stuff in AEW...just not in WWE (though as usual NXT is more exciting than the main roster). one thing that isn't talked about here not even Myself has talked about this here...that is until now...the former Sasha Banks (she was one of My big faves back in WWE, I loved her blue hair) is in AEW as "The CEO" Mercedes Mone. She took this persona in Japan and it worked for her and now she's All-Elite :o

Here's her great first appearances a couple months back :)

Last night at Double or Nothing she had a big rematch against Willow Nightingale...Willow beat her in Japan in a great tournament for the first ever Strong Style Women's Championship in NJPW...this rematch is for the TBS Women's Belt :!:

Here's some highlights of this great bout :)

A few other great things is that MJF returned and confronted Adam Cole :!:

Darby Allin set Jack Perry on fire :o

And Adam Copeland defeats Malakai Black thanks to the return of former Brood member Gangrel :blbat:

There was other good stuff, that's just some of it now let's keep this topic going ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:39 pm

It was a pretty good PPV. I wish it wasn't so long. I started to doze off during the Mone-Willow match. They could've cut the Moxley-Takesh1ta (lol, this actually got censored for the poor guys last name so I had to add a 1)
match since it wasn't even for a title, as well as the OC-Berretta match. I'd heard rumors about Gangrel maybe appearing and they used him rather well. The main event was pretty wild.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 28, 2024 9:29 am

Yes, the PPV's can be long. that's one thing WWE has over AEW still is that their PLEs are on a streaming network. I said before, I don't like watching the events right when their on, I like to watch the replay on My own time when I can fast forward, rewind, pause and continue it later where I don't have to watch it all in one setting. I don't know about other people but that's the way I like it. Gosh, you were dozing off during My fave match...good thing I posted that clip ;) Huh, I just tested out about what you meant, it did that to Me too :? It was a lengthy bout and yes, all of that was good and done very, very well :)

Here's a big clip of Gangrel, that was great :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to AEW