Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 24, 2024 7:45 am

Ah Hardcore Holly, after being Hollywood, Sparky, part of the New Midnight Express and being part of the J.O.B. Squad, he became a success when he becmae HARDCORE :!: Good theme too :)

Here's Bruno Sammartino :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:46 pm

I didn't know Bruno had a song, unless it was in later years?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 25, 2024 6:33 am

Actually he didn't, WWE wrote that called "head for Home" for his Hall of Fame induction in 2013. The Hurricane Shane Helms had a very good theme :)

So today is the WWE King & Queen of the Ring....I've always loved the KOTR events. Make sure you see My special KOTR Spotlight in My PLE Topic, it's really cool how I'm making it sometime today :) Okay so today will be a double feature. My two fave King of the Ring winners :!:

First is "The Rocket King of Harts" Owen Hart. I featured him at least a couple times here before. He was the "Real Best There Was, Best There Is and Best There Ever Will Be" IMO. He was second KOTR winner which he brother Bret won the first one in a year prior in in the fun & crucial of time of 93. Owen won this in 1994, 30 years ago this year and he died in 1999, 25 years ago THIS year THIS month in May :o He fell to his death at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri...that's only a few hours drive away from where I live :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: He was so great and really he's not mentioned as much as he should be anywhere. As a side note don't forget he (and his partner Yokozuna) personally sent his (their) autograph(s) to Me in the great year of 1995 thanks to My Grandma :) Yoko gave Me his Hasbro figure but Owen couldn't however just a bit after Owen passed away I found his JustToys Bendable Figure at My local KB Toys in Crestwood Plaza...it may outrageously sound strange but I truly believe that his spirit led Me there because he knew how much I loved him :( I briefly showcased it a while back...I've never opened him up, he's still brand new sealed on the card and I'm forever grateful for that :) I briefly showcased that wonderful stuff elsewhere on the board. So this theme is an Arena Effects version, I love those arena effects and his theme is so darn fun :)

Next up is King Mable...My fave KOTR of ever of all-time :) I really liked Mable, nearly 7 feet tall and almost 600 pounds. This was still when big men like this mattered in wrestling. He won it in the super fun year of 1995. I always liked him when he was part of M.O.M - Men on a Mission with Mo & Oscar but when he turned heel and became a monster oh boy I just flipped out and he became a fave. When the next KOTR in 95 was coming I wanted him to win and he did. That KOTR is really My fave of them all. Like Owen Hart, he has an unfortunate anniversary, he passed away in 2014, 10 years ago this year :( I never featured his great theme before :shock: This on the WWF Full metal: the Album that I showcased which it's such a good album from a fun time. I liked how it sound royal when it starts out then it sounds like a bad time in the hood with those sirens :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:18 am

I never really cared much for the King of the Ring. Certainly there were big names to win, and some memorable moments, but as a PPV and "prize" it never really did much for me.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 26, 2024 7:00 am

Yes, there were big names and usually the winner (in the 90s) would face the world champ but that really didn't start till 94 till Owen won as he would face Bret at the following SummerSlam. I loved the tournaments & competition and the surprises of who would get eliminated especially with the qualifying matches. Such a shame they don't do that anymore, yet another fun thing that so lacks in today's wrestling :roll: Ah King Harley Race, that was so cool. I knew him like that first before I knew his other great history. After he got a legit injury by Hogan, he had to recover, then Bobby Heenan's other man Haku became King Haku and then Race came back and feuded with him for the crown but lost it at the WWF Royal Rumble 89...35 years ago this year :shock: Here's this of King Haku from the WWE 2K16 Theme Tron :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:16 pm

Sadly, being in the northeast I didn't really know who guys like Harley Race, Ric Flair, and the Brainbusters were or where they came from. I mean, I saw them a little in the magazines, but to me they were just older guys that weren't in as great a shape as some of the roided out WWF guys of the era. Which is a shame.

I'll admit I watched some of the KOTR show yesterday, I didn't watch everything, as I didn't really care about the main event. But it was cool when the crowd was singing along to...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 27, 2024 9:20 am

Yes, I know what you mean. Reading the old B&W Wrestling Mags is how I found out the stuff that wasn't on TV in My area plus a lot more...that was your source before the web and still I like that way :)

I thought the King and Queen of the Ring was a very good event. Yes, the crowd was really into it...like Graves said, the French crowd really trended something with the insane Jey Usu & Cody Rhodes entrances and the Saudi crowd was following suit :) Randy's current theme is good but gosh, I really liked his theme he had before that more.

Today is Memorial Day and what better theme for today than Mr. America :) I never featured this Hogan one before which this tron is great. Gosh I loved Hogan's gimmick of Mr. America and he looked so great and he even fought Piper one more time too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:35 pm

Truly an all-time theme.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 28, 2024 9:18 am

Yes indeed. Oh G.I. Bro. Yeah, that was kinda silly in his later WCW days. It was good but I wasn't crazy about it. That was actually booker T.'s first gimmick when he started out in Ivan's Putski's Western Wrestling Alliance. He did that to counteract the time of the Gulf War/Desert Storm and when Sgt. Slaughter was a huge heel in the WWF in 1990 :shock:

Okay, I'm going to be doing some cool double features of stuff that is new and stuff that was posted before but with different videos from time to time, First up is Adam Bomb. You know him as Wrath & Bryan Clark in WCW. I posted about him in My 93. I thought he was awesome. People bragged about Mike Awesome being a big guy that could fly...well Adam Bomb could too. I loved his Atomic Bomb gimmick. He's from 3 Mile Island, since your from New York PB, you may have heard of it ;) Here's his first theme when he was a monster heel. I loved his theme, it's very chilling. See the big destroyer ships and the big Atomic explosions :?: Those clips are actually real clips and the same ones that the WWF used in his tron when he'd come to the ring :shock:

So that was mostly from 93 with a bit of 94. This one is when he became a big babyface and his fan base grew and became The Bomb Squad :) In these clips you see his fans with his NERF-Like merchandise an dhim throwing them to his fans. This is from late 94 - 95. Look how he handles King Mable & Yokozuna :shock: love his new theme here. Gosh I recall how excited I was when I first heard this on the Cassette Tape My Grandma got Me when i was a part of the WWF Fan Club...such fun times :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc