Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:41 am

Indeed he can. Huh, about that that you didn't see it before either ;)

Here's this special that was on K-SHE 95 a few months ago :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:10 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:30 am

Oh I remember that Looney Tunes Easter Bunny episode. I watched that many times way back when whether it was Easter or not...that was so hilarious :lol:

HAPPY EASTER :)

Here's the Easter Bunny from 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey :o

As a bonus here's this Bad Easter Bunny by The Korb Brothers :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:30 am

That was...something.

Happy Easter and Happy Dyngus Day everyone!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:26 am

Yes they were and those clips were something too :shock:

It's April Fools Day :)

The Three Stooges :lol: :batlol: :wwlol: :smlol:

HBO 80s

Brock Lesnar :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:40 pm

I remember those HBO buffers.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am

Yes they were cool and gosh I love that theme..here's some of the originals way back in the day in 1983 when HBO was great and seemed special which they'd still have this a bit later on as well when I got older which i really liked it then :)

Tomorrow I'll do another HBO special ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:49 am

Yes, I distinctly remember that theme. Those were the good days when I actually watched HBO. Now whenever we get the free preview I look and rarely see anything I ever want to see. Back then they played great movies and I loved stuff like Tales From the Crypt.

We haven't done a Community ep in a while...

For some reason the end isn't online...

Later in Dean Pelton's office, Jeff and Annie along with Kane and Pelton are discussing the aftermath of the trial. As a result of his deception, Neil has lost his administrative duties as key master and is now being forced to retake biology in summer school. Annie is surprised that after all the procedures and politics, the case came down to basic biology. The celebration is cut short when Kane answers Dean Pelton's phone. After hanging up, a shocked Kane informs the others that Star-Burns was involved in a car accident. The incident caused the meth lab in the back of his trunk to explode, and he is now dead.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:59 am

Yes it sure was but more on that in a sec. That was some Community...that was great seeing Michael Ironside, he's one of My favorites :) Yeah, unfortunately not everything is online :roll:

OK, yes, they'd have so many blockbusters, really more than any cable channel like that. Yes, stuff like Tales from the Crypt was great too. Now the thing that We never missed on HBO was HBO Championship Boxing. I started to love it when "Big" George Foreman beat Michael Moore for the world championship in 94, 30 years ago this year and from then on I would never miss a fight with My Grandparents :) It became as big as wrestling was and that was big to Me :shock: I knew many of people like I do in wrestling such as the commentators, boxers and their manages, judges, Referees and of course Michael Buffer which it was sweet I saw him all the time because he just wasn't on HBO Boxing but he was also on WCW :shock: So like HBO's intro before the movies, they'd have a great intro with a great theme too which it's so memorable...arguably even more memorable than the HBO theme itself...listening to it and seeing this brings back a ton of memories :)

Here's their updated version with fancier graphics. I always thought that the fanfare of HBO Sports was epic :!:

Ah, now in 1996, they made a spinoff show called HBO Boxing After Dark. It was actually My favorite out of the two shows. they'd have the fights on like 9:45 PM to even like 10:35 PM. It would have top boxers and up & comers. It would have this great nocturnal urban atmosphere feeling to it that I just loved. The music is a variant of the previous but I found it more exciting. This intro shows Gatti vs. Ward...they went thru wars together :!: This was really creative how they made this :)

I have always loved intros to shows, it gives the show your watching more personality..now most of everything is rushed and seems to "just appear". Those intros to HBO Boxing will always be some of the best IMO :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:22 pm

I never really got into boxing, even on HBO. I did love watching Inside the NFL back in the early 90s on HBO.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions