Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:11 pm

Wow, crazy seeing a young Matt Hardy. Shogun was before my time, though. Or in between my times, really.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:46 am

Yes it is. I'll see if I can find the great gimmick of The Hardy's before they were The Hardy Boyz. Well they were during your time. Shogun didn't last long...so much could have been done with them but what you saw was basically it :roll: Even if you were an avid fan, there was a chance that you would miss them...that's how long they were together as a team :roll:

That was a good promo there of Cowboy Bill Watts & Dusty Rhodes. My Grandpa really liked Watts. The Russians were excellent. Both were bookers that pull in the NWA & WCW. Watts really had a different way of things. There was a time in the early 90s where he made the rules where if you throw you opponent over the top rope it's an automatic DQ and there would be no mats on the concrete arena floor :shock:

OK, this was next on My list...The Great Kabuki :!: I'm going to show a bit of his great feud with Dusty Rhodes. Here's this promo with him & Gary Hart in 1981 :o

NOTE: Hart says about him being an assassin...fast forward to 94, The Great Kabuki had a one time deal with the WWF for the WWF Royal Rumble 94 to join the returning Tenryu to stop The Undertaker & Lex Luger as paid assassins by Mr. Fuji...oh it was very cool :)

Now here is Dusty Rhodes in army camouflage garb in a great promo toward The Great Kabuki :!:

NOTE: I have found it amazing how much he looks like his son Dustin here :o

I will continue this tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 pm

Woah, the screen saver looks just like Dustin.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 am

That was a great Jimmy Garvin promo. Precious was a very early wrestling crush for Me ;)

Here's this great one by Dusty concerning The Great Kabuki :!:

And here's this promo with Gary Hart & the Great Kabuki. Notice Kabuki's hands. They are green...that's from his poison Myst...he was the originator of that Asian Mist technique in wrestling and trained by The Giant Baba. Today's Kabuki Warriors of Asuka, Kairi Sane & Io Shirai are an inspiration of him and the Kabuki style in general :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:09 pm

Would love to be able to read Piper's mind in that clip, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:42 am

Oh man, that was a mystery :o That was a good "Big" Scott Hall promo there in his early days :)

The Great Kabuki had many great matches and feuds...this is really good as Jimmy Valiant interrupts and then a match happens and Kabuki does the mist & Hart has another promo :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:41 am

Oh I recall that one when Slaughter that he wanted his Country back. He was about to cry there :shock: I loveded heel Slaughter but the Triangle of Terror had to end. Long story short...he got his country back...wrestled a bit, became partners with Jim Duggan...didn't get anywhere...retired then became a WWF official and was seen off & on during TV Programs & PPVs. It was still fun though :)

OK, here's some of the good stuff I was talking about before in My 93. Here's a bit of Smokey Mountain Wrestling/SMW. This was Jim Cornette's Federation. Like USWA, they had a partnership with the WWF then was taken over. In this video which is one of the most memorable moments of the organization. It's Tammy Fytch vs. The Dirty White Girl. So this is a couple years before Tammy became Sunny. I had a young crush on her during this time (don't get me started about how she is now). Tammy was actually a big manager on the Indies. She had 2 main guys...Brian Lee (The Fake Undertaker/The UnderFaker in 94 - a great fun time there) and of course Chris Candido. She was quite hot here with her workouts which the women in the 90s were so good. Listen to the music they play...it's an inspiration of Rocky :) She had a big feud with "The Dirty White Girl" Kimberley Wolser-Anthony along with her husband "The Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony. Here's the promos :)

Tomorrow I'll show you Tammy & Chris when they made it to the WWF which was nothing more than an updated version of their-selves from SMW :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm

It's a real shame what happened to her and her life.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:12 am

Yes it is PB :roll: That was a fine Bob Backlund promo there. Sure his mic skills was that great but I like it because it was kept as real and not from a script. thsi wa sduring a time when the independent contractor was fading out...McMannequin would soon take care of that forcing NWA/WCW to lock in their wrestlers & talents :roll: Soon I'll show how Backlund snapped in 94 when he became nuts and made some really good & hilarious promos for over a year :)

OK, so when Tammy & Chris were making it to the WWF in 1995, they were going to be superheroes but eventually that was scrapped (Vinnie Mac would still get his super heroes with the Hurricane Helms & Mighty Molly and Neville years later however) and then they became the Bodydonnas, Skip & Sunny. I'm glad that they became the Bodydonnas because it was really an upgrade from their skits & stuff that they did in SMW.

Bodydonnas 1.jpg

So here's 2 of their first Vignette debut promos. They were getting hyped up a lot. When I saw them them first time back then I was like holy crap, that's Tammy & Chris from SMW..they look cool :)

More about them later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc