Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:07 pm

Just rolling back and looking at Brandon's Orient Express post. That was a great team. Nice to see them getting some love there. I also really liked Bad Company.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:25 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:50 am

ONS, I'm glad you checked out My post liked The Orient Express and Badd Copmpany. Yeah, there's a lot of wrestling personality that get's no love or attention at all. I just posted Dean Douglas and I really liked that gimmick.

PB, that was one heck of a promo by Jacob Fatu. That was cool what he said about Godzilla vs. King Kong :) Now his relation is he is Tama/The Tonga Kid/Sam Fatu's son (the Islanders with Haku/Meng and Piper's partner in Body Slam) and he is Rikishi & Umaga's nephew as they are Sam's brothers.

Well I showed him before which I should show him more often since he's one of My all-time favorites. This is Jacob's great cousin Yokozuna :!: This promo was before the great WWF 93 Royal Rumble that he won. In most of his promos Mr. Fuji & Jim Cornette did the talking while he looked intimidating and saying very little from late 92 - early 96 but to Me his Japanese grunts & Banzai was enough :)

However, he had a fallng out with Camp Cornette and was attacked by Vader. He along with Master Fuji was free from Cornette and did some promos actually speaking. This was before Wrestlemania 12 in 96 :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:00 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:48 am

Yeah, MTV was starting to be not so MTV by this time :roll: I miss those days of Val Venis. He had such good talent. There was a lot good looking women in that crowd.

OK, I'm getting back to JJ Jeff Jarrett. So you saw him in the USWA. Now here is his very first WWF Vignette Promo in October of 1993. When I first saw this then I was quite excited and I was like oh boy Jeff Jarrett is here now and I can't wait to see him wrestle which this was a time when I was really liking Country stuff :o I loved that his great theme music is playing in the background during his promo. Listen to what he says here...I love it :)

More JJ tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:09 am

That's cool how TNA looks like their old school self with the logos and stuff. That was a really good promo by Nemeth there. How about that Steve Cutler/Steve Maclin interrupts. I have always like Ziggler/Nemeth's expressions.

Here's JJ Jeff Jarrett's second WWF Vignette Promo. He really continues where he left off :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:49 pm

Yep, it's nice seeing some former WWE guys get more TV time in other promotions. A rising tide lifts all boats, as the saying goes.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 am

Yes it is, Maclin is good and unlike guys like John Cena, he actually served in the military and went to war. I'd love it if Jackson Ryker/Gunner would come back to TNA and them be a team one more time cause Gunner is the real deal as well.

OK, here is JJ's third Vignette Promo. This one is something else. Listen to what he says about the Undertaker. Jeff Jarrett would attack the him at the 94 Royal Rumble being one of Yokozuna's many assassins :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:09 pm

Jarrett vs the Undertaker just doesn't seem like a match that would work, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc