Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:54 pm

Ugh, so sick of the Chiefs. It wasn't a very good Superbowl. The game was mostly boring. I though Usher wasn't very good. And besides a few upcoming movies, I couldn't name one commercial I thought was really funny or memorable. Paying a celebrity to be in your commercial doesn't make it funny or memorable. Too many celebs, not enough actually creative commercials IMO.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:54 am

Yeah, I'm sick of them shoving all of that down our throats too. Well I think a lot of people thought is was boring. People could watch some old classic TV shows, classic monsters, action films or wrestling from the 80s & 90s that they have missed or could reminisce...it's always so much more funner & satisfying than this modern stuff or at least it's that way with Me ;)

Those were some good Cheers clips there :) He was tall :)

NOTE: At the climax of My Quarterback Club Sega 32X Showcase, I revealed that I'm going to have a special Basketball one...stay alert for that :o

OK, back to My local programming ;) Here's this interesting K-SHE 95 with Critic Rex Reed in 1985 :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:48 pm

Hey, what's wrong with Cheech and Chong?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:20 am

I don't know, I really never got into Cheech and Chong and I don't listen to critics, they can really make you miss a good movie...I learned that a long time ago :roll:

That was some community there :o

Well. remember when I told you about when I was in school and I gave WWF Valentines to My classmates :?: Since Valentine's Day is today I thought I'd show you :) I was able to find a few pics online. Gosh I recall it like it was last week when I saw these at Schnucks on Iron Street in early 1992. I gave them to mostly My girlfriends but some of My other friends that was boys. They were mostly like who are these guy or oh..."it's wrasstling" making fun of it or just not interested. Out of all the kids in class...only one kid in class knew them as much as I did and that was Chris that I've talked about before. I knew to give him the Undertaker because he was his favorite. Chris went wild over him and told Me stories about him like the matches he saw on TV and so forth. Still I find it so bittersweet how there's 30 kids in a class and only 2 of us saw the fun & excitement of WWF and wrestling in general. While this wasn't an absolute complete failure. It makes Me think that I should have just kept the Cards for My own collection and for history's sake. Here's a brief look at what these cards looked like :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 pm

I don't really remember wrestling ones. The one's I recall most vividly were the DC Comics Valentine cards. I know there were others I gave and got, but those were always my favorite.

It still amazes me that this is an actual Spongebob episode on a kids channel. But it is. And it's actually really funny, if not really inappropriate. I've tried to piece together parts since the whole ep isn't available for free.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:01 am

Yes, DC and stuff like that was common...I saw that all the time back then. I chose the wrestling because 1. It was My life and 2. I wanted everybody else to know the fun as well. I don't think you or many people would have seen these cards PB. I only know one other one and that was later in the Attitude Era with Stone Cold on it so they're quite a rare obscurity...makes Me regret not keeping them even more for Myself :roll:

Yeah, that was a weird episode of Spongebob. Honestly I never watched it and couldn't tell you a darn thing about it except that kids were going crazy over and I'm like...why :? I never had an interest it because it didn't have that realistic feel like MOTU, TMNT, BTAS and stuff like that...if that had aired during the 80s & early 90s...a youngster Brandon wouldn't even had dreamed of watching that show as he would have absolute BUPKIS interest in it. Now I see it and it's just weird to Me then again this was 2000 & 2001 when things were really changing so it doesn't surprise Me there oh and I wouldn't have named him Krabb with a K either :o :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

OK, Here's this really good K-SHE 95...this is the special about KISS....this si quite historic. Listen when he says about Forest Park & the old arena. This where the St. Louis Zoo is and that old arena is The St. Louis Arena that I saw My WWF House Show in 91 at :shock: Paul Stanley has a small interview here as well :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:02 pm

I never watched Spongebob until I had kids, though I did make a giant Halloween costume of him in the early 2000s using a large cardboard box I repainted with papier-mâché eyeballs. The cartoon isn't too bad. Most of the episodes are just ok, but my kids really like watching it. But my favorites are Sailor Mouth, which was posted above, Band Geeks, and The Camping Episode. Those are all really funny.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:42 am

That was such a dangerous audition to be Superman..now you know how hard it is to be the Man of Steel :o how about that, Belushi played Richard Donner :lol:

Here's this nice K-SHE 95 from 15 years ago this year :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:30 pm

Did you buy the book?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:44 am

Nope, unfortunately I missed out...that would have been one big historic piece to have right there :roll:

That was some Teen Titans. The design of Wonder Woman was pretty good :wwwink:

The volume is really low on this classic but I didn't want to skip it :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions