Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:05 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41 am

That was a good Saved by the Bell. That episode came out in 1989, 35 years ago this year :shock: Gosh I miss those days when people looked like that and the vibrant colors & styles that just looks plain good. Makes Me think back how it was in school and all that ;) Now it's funny you posted this with Casey Kasem because you posted him before and I wanted to point something out and I didn't so now this time I am :shock: I believe I knew Casey Kasem in Ghostbusters before I knew he was the voice of Shaggy in the original Scooby-Doo cartoon :o Here's this iconic clip from Ghostbusters...He starts to talking @ 2:04 when he had his Countdown Radio show...oh also this is how I first knew Larry King as well :)

By the way, Ghostbusters 1 turns 40 this year from 1984 and Ghostbusters 2 turns 35 from 1989, I plan on doing more GBs here and there as time progresses ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:20 pm

I used to listen to the top 40 Countdown on Sunday mornings when I was a kid, usually while playing Nintendo.

I couldn't find earlier scenes from this episode but for context Robert gets scammed by one of those old school mall modeling services, and when they go to get the pictures taken the office is empty. Rather than admit they got taken, Ray and Robert decide to make their own modeling photos and...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:02 am

How about that, that is good :)

That was a pretty good Raymond. Weird, the Disco Inferno song he played by The Trammps, it was also played in Louis' Apartment in Ghostbusters :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:10 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:59 am

Those were some cool Godzilla Robot Chicken shorts there :lol: :shock: That was something how they picked on Godzilla 98 with Emmerich & Devlin :o

OK, I wanna get back to My local stuff continuing K-SHE 95. Now this is a great one. This is Smash...I cryptically introduced him before a while back. He predated Smash of Demolition by several years :o So he's got a special offer/contest/promotion here when you watch KPLR-TV Channel 11. This reminds Me so much of the times back then in the 80s when I was a youngster. I explained & showcased about them before, they would had many Kaiju movies like Godzilla & Gamera that My Parents recorded for Me. So today is Saturday which I think of this a lot and I'll say it again, they had Freddy's Nightmares at 10:00 PM, Friday the 13th: The Series at 11:00 PM and The Three Stooges at 12:00 AM - 3:00 AM every Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. Of course they had Cartoons, Wresting & Cardinals Baseball...such great times :)

I found a few commercial of KPLR-11 which i'll post in time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:46 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:42 am

To Me he looks like a crazy version of Manbat. Amazing how they made that "Bambi" look like a twisted version of the Fast & Furious series especially with the graphics :o

So today is Super Bowl Sunday, I got an an e-mail from Marcus Theaters about it.

I haven't been to the show since February of 2020 which the last film I saw was Birds of Prey. It's only been 4 years but seems a lot longer that that. When I used to eat at the diner a lot over there I sometimes watched the Cardinals and whatever else they had on the free big screen :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:00 am

It's been years since anything looked interesting enough to go see. But I'm pretty sure we're going to go see the next Godzilla movie in March.

Not sure if I did this one in the past, but it still cracks me up and it's short, so I'll throw a few others in for today anyway...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:42 am

I'm sure it was nuts at the show how people go crazy over the Super Bowl. Yeah, nothing interests Me but that's due to a few reasons. A long while back when the MonsterVerse started and stuff that was My number one movies to see...I'm like why isn't everybody seeing these...their so awesome and fun. Now your getting into it PB :) Back in the day when stuff was great oh man I would have loved to see the original Godzilla films at the theater but they never had an event like that. I still recall seeing the short TV spots for/of Godzilla 2000 on TV but dang, I missed out on that :roll: Well that's great that your gonna see the new Godzilla & Kong movie. I'll have to till wait to get to it later. I believe it WILL BE THE movie to see for the whole year ;)

Those videos were pretty good there :)

Well, the Kansas City Chiefs won...again...two years in a row. Last year there was a lot fireworks and partying and screaming like it was New Year's in My neighborhood when they won since their Kansas City Mo. Not so much this time...there was only one bit of fireworks and it wasn't till about a half hour after they won, it was a very silent night and I just wonder why that was :?

Super Bowl 1.jpg

I'm not a bit surprised that they won...with Tay-Tay on Bing everyday for months and weeks of T-Swizzle & Kelce being the story on Bing and elsewhere no matter whatever else is going on in the world, it would be strange had they not won. There was countless shots of this "goddess" at the game. Amazing how all of the great football players of the past like Boz, Long, Montana, Marino among others never got this attention. Well congrats to the Chiefs again.

Super Bowl 2.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions