Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 am

After I posted that awesome Flair vs. Hogan promo I figured you needed a rest from it so I didn't post anything new till you got back into it again and now here you are :)

That was a good Bad Leroy Brown & Big Red promo, now those were some classic big guys there :) Acid - yes, he was much younger there ;)

So continuing where I left off, here's Hogan actually teaming with Piper in 92, 32 years ago on February 1...this was so cool :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:56 pm

That must've been some match.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:24 am

Yes, I'm sure it was. Shame it wasn't on PPV or a televised event. That Dingo Warrior promo was great. It's something how far he & Rick Rude was feuding way before their WWF days :shock:

OK, well here's a second Piper & Hogan one I found. This time their going to face Flair & Sid Justice (reunited from their WCW Four Horsemen days). Sid turned heel at the WWF Royal Rumble 92 eliminating Hogan thus making Flair the new World champ when it was vacated (because of the debacle that happen at This Tuesday in Texas) and the Undertaker turned face against Jake Roberts ending his feud with The Macho Man. Amazing how The Undertaker replaced Sid as a Skyscraper in WCW...now Sid replaces Undertaker because of that :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:40 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 am

That was a good King Kong Bundy promo there. Notice that Mean Gene said about the Dingo Warrior :? Yes, he was known as the Dingo Warrior for a brief time in the WWF before he was the Ultimate Warrior :shock:

Here's this good Honky Tonk Man promo ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:17 pm

HTM was great heel back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:22 am

Yes, he was PB :) That was a great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan promo. I liked his sideburns under his, such a cool style.

Remember when Heenan had the neck injury :?: Well here's his exam :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:03 pm

I remember that from when I was a kid. Doesn't get any better than Heenan and Monsoon together.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:36 am

Well that is good and yes, there was never a team like Heenan & Monsoon...before or after :) That was a very different promo there of Albano & The Bulldogs. Very behind the scenes & humble ;)

OK, I've been thinking about it and I'm like how in the heck is not one JJ Jeff Jarrett promo within this topic :? :o Well I'm going to fix that. I got a few of'em line up for a little while. Here's a bit of the stuff I was talking about in My big Yo, Do You Remember 93. 93 was such a crucial year for wrestling in so many ways. USWA was great. Here is two videos.

First here's this nice Jeff Jarrett Promo from 93 when he was the biggest babyface of the South :)

Here's this cool JJ promo when he was champ. Listen to how he says about WWF & WCW. Both had working deals with the USWA...this is how they trained talent, they didn't have farm systems like NXT then, That's Scotty Flamingo who became Johnny Polo that became Raven :o That's Brian Christopher from Too Cool & Jerry Lawler's son. Yes, "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert was there too ;) Jarrett's got another good promo at the end :)

So Like I said, I got a lineup of classic Jeff Jarrett promos coming up for a while ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:19 pm

Weird seeing a ring with no apron like that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc