Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Animals: 5 new Hedgehogs + Terror Worms & Big Spider!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 am

This is incredible that they found 5 new species of Hedgehogs...

5 New Hedgehogs 1.jpg

and also found Terror Worms that existed over 500 million years ago plus the largest poisonous spider which the Funnel-Web Spider in Australia :o

Terror Worms  & Funnel Spider 1.jpg

Terror Worms  & Funnel Spider 2.jpg

See how cool Cryptozology is, if they keep looking they'll find new animals of the past and the present :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:56 am

So you're saying Don't go to Australia?

I forgot to share this after Christmas but my wife got me this shirt that I thought you'd appreciate....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:50 am

Well no, just be careful of those Spiders cause there's a lot of'em :shock: Cool Steve Irwin there ;)

I was wondering what you got for Christmas I mean I was expecting people to talk about it but never did. Wow, that's a mighty fine present that she got you :o Let's see who we have here...UFOs & Mothman, Beast of Bray Road, The Loveland Frog, Chupacabra, Nessie, Gray Alien, Dover Demon...not sure who that one is next to him...Patty the Bigfoot and The Jackalope. It's got a really cast of the Forest within the Moon & outer-space...A nice all-star cast there. Your wife did good PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:57 am

That's the Fresno Nightcrawler
We talked about them on the Halloween thread!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 am

Of Course...no wonder why I didn't recognize it, I wasn't really familiar with it then and I didn't retain it :roll: I know a lot Cryptids but there's still some that I don't but since you posted that gif it reminded Me now...still a good collection with a little bit of variety & obscurity there on your T-Shirt PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:58 pm

It's a neat shirt. I wish Mothman was in a better pose, he just looks so static, like a sticker put in the wrong spot. It doesn't look like he's flying so much as standing in mid-air, I guess. Small nitpick, though, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:44 am

I see what you mean, it looks like he's just hovering and I mean that in a good way. I'm sure the shirt looks quite nifty once it's put on ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: Biggest Anaconda to Date!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 am

It's funny that just last week I posted King Kong Escapes with the Giant Sea Serpent then I see this :shock: So the biggest Anaconda on record was found during a filming of a Will Smith movie. I find that odd. The specimen is estimated to be 26 feet long. I believe there is much larger ones out there though. Decades & decades ago there was said be ones well over 30, even 40 feet in length feet and I think their still out there :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: The Cicadas are Coming!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 19, 2024 7:55 am

So as you know I love Arthropods particularly Insects. Well, Fox 2 posted a video not that long ago about the Cicadas emerging. First when you see this video, the woman in the beginning is Mandy Murphy, she's been with Fox 2 for decades which I've known her since I was little and she still has the looks as she did then :shock: I've always loved Periodical Cicadas. I find them cute and their loud songs kinda soothing. There's 2 different species here. The ones that's smaller with the red eyes I've only seen them once and that was back in around 2013 when I was going in and going out at the then Ronnie's Plaza Wehrenberg Theater that I've showcased before. I was amazed by them and I was glad that people wasn't actually trying to kill them. The other kind is the usual for Me, I see them every year which in fact I've posted some pics of them within this very Topic of Mine. Here's the video which you can see some of St. Louis County & Ballwin :)

Now hold a sec...just mere hours ago about 1:00 AM I was in the backyard and coming back to the basement door I noticed that there was a larger bug that I thought was a big brown Beetle but I was wrong after I looked at it much closer. I could tell because of the body shape and the way it was moving but ultimately the thing that really made Me identify what this really was, was it's forelimbs, their so distinctive that it was obviously a Cicada :!: I made sure I took some pics of him :)

Baby Cicada 1.jpg

After examining this little fella even more I found it rather astounding that it was the kind that I had only seen that once when I was at the show over a decade ago so this was pretty big for Me :) After I confirmed what he was with My own knowledge & gut instinct, I tried to help him as much as I could because he's only a Nymph. Even though he's only a baby Cicada, he's probably around 20 years old which is extremely old for an insect. What else people don't realize is that once they emerge from underground, they must shed their exoskeleton and develop their adult stage to mate and that's it for their little time on the surface, it's sad but that's the way it works :roll: So I tried to help him and get him on some leaves before the Ants get him cause I've seen it happen numerous times they gain in numbers get them, Earthworms and anything that is small & vulnerable on the concrete so I put him in some weeds hoping that he'll find a spot to hide in and climb on to shed his skin, become an adult, sing his song and find a mate to love :) Here's two more pics of him, see his bright red eyes, he's the rare specie and see those protruding appendages on his sides :?: That's actually his wings waiting to come out of his skin so he can fly :)

Baby Cicada 2 -.jpg

So I was surprised and excited about this. I don't know if anybody here has Cicadas in their area. If you do don't be like the gal tin the video above thinking their so gross...their NOT gross. I find them very cute & pitiful. Their harmless to humans. I catch & play with them every year. They can get very startled very easy and become very unstable which I'm afraid they'll hurt their little-selves. If you see them don't be afraid and don't do nothing to them, Cicadas are very good bugs :)

Now keep up with Me here cause I'm going to have some more stuff coming soon in My Animal & Cryptozoology Topic :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Animals: The Cicadas are Coming!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm

We get them around here. There are woods behind our house, but several hundred yards back, but you can hear them this time of year. My mother-in-law lives on the other side of the woods, but her house is only 40-50 away from the woods so they get pretty loud over there. They never really bothered me much. Not like stink bugs. They used to be worse at our old house because we had a pool in the back yard.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions