Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:12 am

I hope it wasn't too bad Acid ;)

All of these were great. Holy wow, that 1992 Sears Wish Book Catalog was something. I sure remember that one. That was completely uncanny how much those SNES games were. I don't know how My Grandparents & Mom got Me what they did I mean Street Fighter 2 was $99.99, Contra III was $79.99, Mario Paint was $74.99 & Super Scope 6 was $69.99 to only say a few :o Sega was pretty cheap there. See, Atari is like out of the picture now :roll: Look at those Batman figures, I got many of those. Those TMNT was cool but they were kinda losing steam a bit here, it was really average compared to 90 and even 91. Joes was great in 92, it was one of the best years for the line. Look at the Darkwing Duck & Talespin and even Ultraman :o People's going thru all of the Barbie craze right now, well I got news for them, Barbie was great in the 80s & 90s and she was something here :wwwink: Wow check out that X-Men & TMNT Sleeping Bag especially that Terminator 2 one :o Cabbage Patch Kids were making a comeback, Lego and so much more :!: Great PB, still a few more years to go :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:31 am

Good stuff here once again. Boy, what a blast Johnny Carson had :o I never knew Underwriters. How about Bruce Willis! 1985 Sears Wish Book! Look at those Bikes and all of that Football stuff! A She-Ra, Sesame Street and Alvin & the Chipmunks Sleeping Bag...oh look at the Wuzzles :o Oh look at the guns, yep really cool. Oh weightlifting. Thems good. I wanted to weightlift at an early age like that but My Grandpa said no to wait on it cause he weightlifted a lot and got really big, I loved to watch him do it...he was so unbelievably strong :shock: I eventually did and I myself got some muscles but after I got sick I had to stop :roll: Oh boy Zoids, I regret not getting into them. Oh man look at those Transformers especially the Dinobots and there's Voltron :!: Holy cow they had Sectaurs :o Joes there! Oh man look at those MOTU...the Evil Horde was so awesome and they had SPYDOR too :batshock: Wow look at that, they still had the Vintage Kenner Star Wars, there's the Rancor, this could have been how My Mom got Me him plus there's M.A.S.K. which I think that is how she got Me them too :wwshock: Amazing, both by Kenner :batwink: I had those guys on the bikes and that red plane too. There's Charlie the ventriloquist dummy, My Grandpa had him and was good at being a ventriloquist and teased Me with him when i was a youngster...I hated that...now it makes Me wanna cry because how stupid I was :( Oh look, more She-Ra: Princess of Power, they were really good but We never had them in My area and even though they were aimed more for girls I would still wnat them I mena they were MOTU and she's He-Man's twin sister. Oh Pound Puppies & Care Bears :) More Wuzzles, seeing them always reminds Me of Annie Burke cause she was the only store that ha dthem in My area and she was such a great person. Muppet, Sesame Street, My Little Pony & Disney on the same page :!: My Mom got Me some of that Dollhouse stuff but i didn't take care of it. My Auntie Wanda loved Dollhouses & mini figures like that...I help her collect them till her last days :( I still got them table that little girl is sitting at with the microscope. I have that Red Speak & Spell, darn it I've been trying to find it for a long time now :roll: Look at those comics including Sectaurs and there's Glow-Worm, so cute.I had the Fram set and there's Mr. Potato Head. So much classic stuff there :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:29 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:25 am

Good Brooklyn Nine-Nine there and more. 1980 Sears Wishbook. This is great but gosh it's amazing how much more there was in the other ones in the later years however we still got Muppets & Sesame Street, Marvel & DC, Flash Gordon and of course Star Wars. Those FG & SW looked so great :!: WOW, I didn't know that Sears had their own Cartridge Video Game System and that it wasn't Atari :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:13 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:30 am

How about that Andy Griffith & Glen Campbell, Rodney Dangerfield and a colorized I Love Lucy :!: 1982 Sears Wish Book! Amazing how it was then with the Sleeping Bags, the characterization of them and the concept of either sleeping at a friends's house or going camping...the things that just go by and become a thing of the past :roll: Look at that, such domination by The Smurfs :o Oh there's Disney, DC & Marvel & Peanuts! I forgot about Absolutely Annie, talk about dominating there :shock: There's Snoopy & Woodchuck! Now that's a lot of Strawberry Shortcake :!: Oh look, there's E.T., it is 1982 after all ;) See that Red Schwinn Bike for males, My Grandpa got Me one just like that with those handle bars...I complained about them for a while and asked him if he could change them to the straighter kind and he did ;) That Silver & Blue BMX is similar to My Blue Dyno which was My favorite of all of My bikes. Look at that football and that baseball, KC Royals, NY Yankees & LA Dodgers. I got a globe similar like those. It was My Grandpa' but I adopted it, it's still an awesome one with the raised land and all of that. Pac-Man backpack :o Look at Garfield and the Sesame Street Puppet Show :shock: Barbie & Ken there. Oh...there's My Grandpa's Charlie :roll: Look at all of that Crayola, even Muppet ones :shock: Oh look at that, Lite-Brite, I have one somewhere. Gosh, that red Speak & Spell, I used to play with that so much but it was more than a toy to Me, I wanted master it and I did :!: That Rocking Horse, I still have one of those in the Garage. Glow-worms were so cute. I had those Giant Brix Blox and Lincoln Logs. Oh there's Duplo & Lego ;) How about that Mr. Pibb Cars! Look at that, I believe that was G.I. Joes comeback & debut into the 3" figures...so rad :batwink: MOTU was debuting here too :shock: Oh look, there's My Micro Star Wars I showcased that I got at Toy Chest about a year or so later, it's so great seeing this again :) Yes, by time I was a bit older and liking this stuff ESB was like going away and as ROTJ was coming so I was really lucky that My Grandma found Me My Wampa Monster + Boba, 4-LOM & Chewy with the netting along with removable parts C-3PO ;) Yeah I had one of the modern trains and I messed it all up :roll: I had some remote control cars but not them. Oh look, there's Coleco's Pac-Man & Frogger Tabletop Arcades :o Shame Sears's Arcade System & Mattel's Intellivision was out before I was old enough to get into games, same thing with that Atari. Dang, just one thing of E.T., I always thought there was such a lack there with that movie when it came to merchandise :roll: That was a great one PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:05 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:30 am

There all good. Oh boy look at that Sears Wish Book...it's the 1988 edition that came out 35 years ago this year :o Make believe food and cooking. My Mom got Me a bit when I was a youngster, I remember getting a BK one but I haven't seen it in any of these so far though it it possible I overlooked it. Barbie is still going strong. Look at Atari, they're here but then look...Sega is appearing and Nintendo is too! It's so darn cool looking at vintage video game stuff. Joes is here pretty much in full force. There's Ghostbusters and Transformers, M.A.S.K. Cops...holy toledo...there's Willow...I can't believe they had Willow...their still one of My favorite toylines ever! There's Starting Lineup too! My Grandma got Me that Silver Remote Control Lamborghini, I used to play the heck with that but I haven't seen My Monster Truck & Tank yet. That remote control Kaiju was cool, I think that was one of the first ones in America like that. Look at 8:59...that's the Train Set My Grandparents got Me that I was talking about. I used to have a ball with that. It had the horn, the light, the train smell and was fast too. It's very big, each car is about the size of the Batmobiles from Mego or Kenner. Gosh I miss that train Set, it's around here somewhere :roll: See the ones on 9:04, I had ones very similar like them that I didn't take care of and I kick Myself for it. Those are much smaller in scale compared to them, like slightly larger than Hot Wheels seen in the catalog. A Garfield Sleeping Tent :shock: My Grandpa got Me a Blue Scooter like those on 10:45 and he also got me a Skateboard as well like those. Look at those boys in Football gear ;) Great stuff PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:04 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions