Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:29 am

How about that, Denis Leary & Dion "I was a NFL & MLB Player" Sanders in a Christmas commercial :scbat: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:11 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:16 am

WOW, I actually have those Hardee's Disney Plushes...I have no idea where they are though...they might be with My Pound Puppies that was from Hardee's too...where-ever they are :roll: One day I hope to find them all :scww: :scbat: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:26 pm

Nice. There isn't a Hardee's anywhere near here, but we usually make an effort to stop at one going to or back from Myrtle Beach.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:08 am

How about that, that's real good PB ;) That was a super nice Sprite commercial there :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Well, I got a bummer to say but first here's this great McDonald's commerial from the 2000s :scbat:

One of My local McDonald's just went out of business :o It was a very memorable one. It was regarded as the busiest one in the entire state of Missouri. It was on Gravois near the entrance of Hampton. I found this out a couple of weeks ago when Me & My Mom was out. She had told Me the story before then I saw it for Myself in person :roll: The bagger over at Schnucks next door to it told her they went out due to a homeless people situation there :roll: So when I was out with her I saw the place and it's all empty, the logos are gone and the place is nearly unrecognizable now. I advise everybody to savior every-bite of fast food not only because of the higher prices of inflation but also because you never know when that restaurant might have it's last customer, it's nothing to take for granted or least it isn't for Me IMO :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I have had many memories there. My first memories EVER there was with My Mom and her friend Jerry after We either saw Groundhog Day or Loaded Weapon 1 at the AMC Crestwood Theater in 1993, 30 years ago this year that I talked about in My very special Groundhog Day showcase in My Odds & Ends that I made for Groundhog Day this year. We ate there and I got two Double Cheeseburgers, Large Fries & Large Drink. My other memories was many times Me, My Grandma MiMi & Auntie Wanda would eat there before I went to the Batting Cages at Tower Tee. Auntie Wanda would always get their McFish. Also many, many times when Me & My Grandma was doing Our rounds and be at Schnucks I'd want to go there next door and get either breakfast or regular menu food in the morning plus there was times that We'd just eat there ;) Many times also I would see employees at Schnucks such as the janitor have bags of McDonald's there. Here's a look at what it looked like only about a month ago as here's a special picture I made...Pic #1 - There you can see the building with the American Flag. Pic #2 - There's the front of it where you pull in & out. Also you can see Schnucks right there on the left. Pic #3 is of the Schnucks & McDonald's lot and My Grandma would wait for Me right there while I was getting that yummy hot McDonald's :)

McDonald's Gravois & Hampton (Smaller Size) 1.jpg

That's it, despite this bummer news, I am quite grateful that I had all those memories there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:23 pm

It's sucks when something closes like that. Especially for reasons like that. Bidenomics, I guess. The only McDonalds around here that has closed that I frequented, had a Play Place I used to take my kids to when they were really small, but it's a dentist office of all things now. The next closest Play Place redid theirs about 5-6 years ago and completely changed it to just a couple levels on one side and a slide whereas before it was two towers on each side of the room with the hamster tubes on the ceiling kids could crawl trhough and a couple slides. It was so much better. I used to love going to Play Places with them, but most are gone now. The next closest one was pretty nice too, but they removed it altogether now after the Rona.

All this Mickey D's talk makes me think it's time to play this classic commercials again even though we did it last year...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:31 am

Yeah, there was homeless people possibly chasing off customers and them not getting enough business :roll: Oh I know the Play Places your talking about. I never did one cause they started them when I got older/bigger but I've seen them plenty of times and thought that they looked fun. Gosh, a Dentist office and then they remove that one...it is such a pain when things change :roll:

Actually i was going to post that commercial but I thought we already did that before so that's why I chose the one I did plus it was in the 2000s which was close to when I really realize about this "now gone" location. I don't know if we did this one or not but I thought that this McDonald's one from 1984 was sweet which I love getting those 20 packs :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:32 pm

I used to love McNugget Buddies. They just brought them back.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:31 am

Yes, that is cool PB :) I recall that great Burger King Toy Story Christmas 1995 one too :scbat: :scww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:14 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions