Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the community! New members should post here first and a moderator will activate your account and approve your first post!

Re: Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Muthasucka wrote:You do? Sort of? From where?

Hi!

Yeah, I used to frequent another forum on which I believe you're pretty active. I think it's called The Sploosh.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Barbecue17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Barbecue17

Some of you may recognize me from places like He-Man.org, theforce.net, or my own site ThEpic Review.com.

AcidDragon asked me to come on here and share my reviews, so here I am. I review a lot of toys and stuff, particularly Batman figures in the 6-7 inch scales and anything related to Batgirl. This year on my site I'm planning to do something really special related to Batman, particularly to his various foes. Next week I'm planning a super Batman week which will culminate in an announcement of what I'm doing. Hope you're ready!

I look forward to posting here!
Barbecue17 :ybggrin:
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Nice! Welcome aboard, BBQ, I look forward to more of your cool reviews. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barbecue17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Thank you! I look forward to writing them and buying more Batman toys!
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Greetings.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi all, most of you I've been talking to on Mattycollector since 2011.

Things I think are sort of relevant. I'm in my mid 30s, been reading comics since 1989 (not counting GI Joe which I started reading a few years before that). I basically quit reading comics in 2011 shortly after New 52. I read them, I just don't buy them new anymore. I wait for cons where I can get them $1 each. When I do read comics, it's more out of nostalgia.

My toy collecting focus really started with Star Wars. I had collected them at the end of high school and stayed away from toys during college. I went to law school and "Revenge of the Sith" awoke my collecting.

The collecting has grown by leaps and bounds since. Super Hero collecting didn't start until I was in Target one day and found some BAF Red Hulk guys for like $3.50 each. That went well and the DCUC C&C seemed appeaing and my DCUC started with a clearance Captain Marvel ($5 or something) and subsequent visit to TRU where I learned of the prospect of building Darkseid.

I never posted on forums online until DCUC became such an addiction that I sought matty out so I could find out news on upcoming figures (in hopes of learning when the 2003-2011 Teen Titans would be announced in a wave).

I came in right in time for the sub's announcement. I think I've developed some cool friendships thanks to DCUC with people I've never met in person, first and only place I have "online friends." Guys like Webslinger, Flynnlives, Caleb, Haljor, Smallville, Packerbacker, and more.

As for my collecting. I collect almost anything.

1) DCUC (it's my focus). I want just about any comic character. People that have seen me post are probably aware of my dislike of Mattel's efforts to redo Super Powers & Super Friends in 6 inch form. I don't have anything against the two groups, I just resent noncomic accurate figures in a toy line that still had so many comic characters to make. I don't even mind that some of those Super Powers & Friends got made, I just didn't agree with the saturation of so much in so little a time in a line that was hurting when I personally think they were bad calls for a nation (or world wide) retail line. I also have a pretty big amount of disdain felt for most New Gods figures when more "universally appealing" character choices were present. Example, we needed two Steppenwolves before one Aqualad/Tempest?

Oh, and I am generally not a fan of "redo" characters. Stuff like various versions of Batman. I like to think that if the figures on my shelf were alive, they shouldn't run into multiple versions of themselves. There are a few exceptions to that . . . but generally I only want 1 Batman before getting my first Aqualad or Vixen. Some want a Dick Grayson Batman and it boggles my mind when all it takes is some imagination to pretend one Batman is him. But each to his own.

2) Star Wars: I still get what I see that is cool. I am a 3.75 collector.

3) NECA: Aliens, Predator, etc. I get the occasional random thing if it's cool like Nightmare on Elm Street, Rambo, Robocop.

4) Marvel Universe. Pretty much done getting the key figures. Recently got Cloak . . . so I guess I need Dagger.

5) Marvel Select: Limiting myself to the X-Men on this, but love the figures. Oh and I have Black Cat . . . so I guess I need Spiderman.

6) Transformers; Love the Masterpiece figures. Have Soundwave (his tapes) and Thundercracker so far.

7) GI Joe: Too many in storage to figure out what I still need. I even got the Bruce Willis figure recently, just cause it's Willis. I'm more of an 80s redo collector here.

8) Thundercats: Just looking for the original heroes. I just need Liono and Tigra now.

9) MOTUC: If I get Beastman, I am pretty much done.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Cheater! You've already been here.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:27 am

Whoops, someone said they couldn't find me so I added that post. :)
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh, you hadn't posted in this thread, and yet you've been here on these boards for months. That's what makes you a big fat cheater :smrasp:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Oh yeah, definitely some cheating took place here, Havok. :mowink:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!