Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:12 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:47 am

That was all good. That was a great 1987 Sears Wishbook and I think I kinda recall that one. Unbelievable great stuff there...look at that, Dragon Force, G.I. Joes and all that BraveStarr. Wow, they had WWF LJN Superstars there...if I had the money I would restart My collection, those are one of most historical you can get IMO :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:02 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 am

I forgot to say how cool them Transformers X& Pound Puppies were yesterday I mean there's so much to talk about. I recall this 1989 Sears Wishbook...wow. Burger King Barbie! Mario, TMNT & Ghostbuster Sleeping bags + those Dinosaurs :shock: Lego & Tyco. Oh I remember those anatomy bodies, I wanted one really bad and My Grandpa really disliked it cause he couldn't take medical stuff. He didn't like Huffy, he always said they were cheaper made and didn't last. Wow look at that RoboCop, TMNT & GBs figures! There's so much here. See if they got a 1990 Sears Wish Book, I recall that one too. All of this was good PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:38 pm

1990? What do I look like, Casey Kasem?

And now it's time for our Long Distance Dedication. This one goes out to Brandon in St. Louis who wants to go back in time to the dawn of the 90s. Well, Brandon roll up your Skidz, pin your turtleneck, slip on that I.O.U. sweatshirt, and pump up those Reeboks as we go back to when Sinbad was funny and Kevin McCallister had the place all to himself. So lets Hammer Dance our way back to when Bo knew and Morris Blackmon said it had to be the shoes...

Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:55 am

Wow, thanks for that PB ;) First off Casey Kasem and that gif with M.C. Hammer was cool, I love those women dancers :batwink: That was great PB. Good stuff, that Perfect Strangers was a superb one ;) OK, the TV Report. Oh man, I recall 1990 very clearly, it was really My favorite year in toys, games, wresting, music, movies, you name it.. The 90 TMNT line was like the best one of all-time and it is still one of the best. I still recall the pegs at Venture & Target. That was cool seeing them on the shelf during that year :) Now for that 1990 Wishbook., that was great but dang that guy didn't take the times like the others. Seeing all of those TMNT was great. How about those RGB too! All of those Baseball Cards, I can tell this guy is a critic. Ah yes, 1990 was the year of Dick Tracy, it was so great. All of that Nintendo & Sega stuff...this was the time when the two was colliding and while that book had Atari stuff you coudl tell Atari was trying but sadly they would be out of the picture soon but gosh it was so cool seeing that. There was those Tiger Game watches...that's what I was talk about before...I wanted them but never got'em. Gosh, all of those handheld games. I had that WWF Wrestlemania one but I have no idea where it is, shame he didn't say it by name but this wonderful that there's other trying to preserve the past :) . Wow, that was a lot PB, thanks ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:00 am

Great stuff there. Cool Pee-wee there ;) Oh gosh, that SNL was quite good. Amazing how Kylo Ren was acting liked a salesperson there...I got all the nasty jokes too :lol: Real that one kinda clever too :batwink:

That 1986 Sears Wish Book was great. this one seemed familiar to Me, it could be the first one I noticed in My days as a youngster. I believe My Grandparents got Me that Train set for $94 and I didn't take care of it :x Nintendo :!: Oh look there's Rambo, Joes, Transformers, DC Super Powers, Robotech, Centurions & InHumanoids, Pound Puppies, ThunderCats...oh man there's M.A.S.K., I believe this how My Mom got Me some of My M.A.S.K. figures :) Holy crap, they actually had MOTU Enternia :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: That's one THE MOST prized MOTU sets ever and quite frankly in toys in general, still like in the top 10 :!: Oh look at all of the Karate stuff...see how big fighting was in the 80s...There's Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos :!: Oh man WWF LJN, such a collection that is a must and look...M.U.S.C.L.E. Men plus the Ring :shock: OH WOW, they had SUN MAN :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He was one of best of the MOTU-like lines...I was never able to get to'em...oh look Rock Lords plus Lego...now you see all of the stuff and so much that a youngster Brandon liked...oh man this was so cool :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:10 am

I had a pretty stressful day. These clips really helped. I love that Batman TAS scene, always did.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions