Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:16 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:29 am

Those were good. Good Raymond. I remember when We used to get Christmas Cards from various people and My Grandma used to send them out. That was a long time ago...people & times change and then they don't :roll: Oh yeah I remember the Furby Craze in 1998, 25 years ago this year already can you believe that :o I don't blame that woman wanting to cash in on them especially when your poor and really need the dough. Those corporate locusts Hasbro sure cashed-in on them in at least 2 ways...1.They took over Tiger Electronics that very year in 98 and 2. Whatever sale they got it doubled for Hasbro so yeah, Hasbro got a lot there, more than any other toy company...way more than Mattel even :o The Furby craze was stilling happening at least a year later in the 99 Holiday season that I recall. That was something seeing that those kids didn't even know what Furbies were :shock: To Me they were basically like Gremlins 2.0 and had a following like the Cabbage Patch Kids but for the 90s. I was never interested in them...WCW & WWF figures and stuff like that did however if they had come out in the 80s then I may have as I did like electronic critters like that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:55 am

I actually bought my wife a Furby for our first Christmas together in 1998.

I know this last one is long....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:47 am

That's something PB. I hope she's still got it, she could make a small fortune of it but more importantly I hope she's still got it for your history sake because that was a a very memorable present indeed there PB ;)

Those were good. That was a good Robot Chicken twist on Halloween & Home Alone :o :lol: That was a good news report compilation from 1983, 40 years ago this year :o Oh I totally agree with the safety of the tricycles. It was amazing that real life war didn't click with Me until WWF started the Desert Storm stuff with Slaughter & Piper talking about it at the 90 Survivor Series so the Joes stuff wasn't an issue with Me nor My parents, I liked it in cartoons & movies, I've always found it strange about Me, some people are just wired differently. MOTU was the ones, that was something seeing those original 3 packs :) 22 minutes isn't long especially considering something is really good. That was a fine Tales from the Crypt episode. I believe I saw that when it aired back in the day. Marry Ellen Trainor was a fine actress and nice looking too. She was in The Monster Squad, Ghostbusters II & all of the Lethal Weapons movies. Richard Donner had a big part here as executive producer who directed the LW films and that's why she's here. Larry Drake was a great choice to play the escaped bad Santa. Marshall Bell was always in roles that were quite different. Gosh I miss those days of TFTC and the creepy atmosphere it had. That was really good PB :blww: :blbat: :blsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:08 pm

That Tales is a classic. There's a 1972 version as well, but Larry Drake is a much creepier Santa.

Have mercy! There's on 3 weeks til Christmas!!!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:35 am

Really :?: I did not know that :shock: Oh, Mary Ellen Trainor had a bit part in Scrooged too, she was kinda like Cross's lackey :!: Oh Larry Drake was a excellent bad and/or insane character actor :blhal:

Those were something especially that SNL :wwshock: I have always loved that He-Man & She-Ra Christmas special. My Mom recorded that for Me when it aired. It was cool how they brought Earth into the show. Queen Marlena knew all about cause she's an earthling...in fact the same thing that happen to the kids happen to her, that's how she got on Eternia so Prince Adam/He-Man & Princess Adora/She-Ra are actually half Earthlings :o It was one the only times that Skeletor & Hordak was together on screen and also like the only time Skeletor was a semi-good guy too. That was some JCPenny Catalog. That catalog is priceless within itself :shock: Wow, all of the Battlestar, Black Hole & Star Wars in it. See, if I had the mollah I would be after that stuff, now that is historical. That was so cool of the Alien costume, Did you notice the white skull on it :?: It was like that because the Xenomorph has a domed skull...it's very hard to see in the original film but Ridley Scott made a director's cut years later and it appears much clearer. Unbelievable that the Kenner Alien was available and only $14. I wasn't around then but gosh I can tell that was a great fun time period to be in ;) I know I still have some Sears Wish Books around some where from the 80s & 90s, I haven't found them yet but maybe soon. Great PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:47 am

That was a sweet TFTC there :blaq: Great Sears Wishbook. that was 1983, 40 years ago this year :o There was some great stuff there. Of course the Star Wars, MOTU & Joes is like nearly unbeatable. It had some other great stuff there. Lots of Hot Wheels & Sports. Wow, look at all that Atari stuff...that was great...oh look at that, they got the Coleco Table Top Arcades including My Donkey Kong :o Dang there's Colecovision too :shock: Sears Wishbook was great :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:45 pm

In honor of legendary tv producer Norman Lear who passed away at the age of 101, today I present all Norman Lear produced shows...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:21 am

Yeah, that's a shame. He had a long life and career and so much of hist stuff was so good :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions