Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:32 pm

Never really watched That 70s Show much. I did watch According to Jim and Family Matters a lot. Love that Power Rangers news clip. :D
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 am

That was all good. That Family Matters was in 97. So sad that Myra (Michelle Thomas) passed away 25 years ago this year in 1998, she was so sweet :roll: That was a good news report there. Power Rangers was great and fun, I never could get those original figures which I really wanted them. Like she said, Jurassic Park was extinct. It was the biggest thing in 93 when it came to movies & toys (93 was really one heck of a year that so few people talk about). I know cause I experience it a lot. I saw the film on the big screen and the Kenner toys were sold out. My Grandparents got Me all they could at the stores like Venture which was a lot however, that was such a great a Christmas :scbat:

Oh back to the video I posted yesterday (see, I'm always thinking back), 1988 was huge in gaming and I recall it like it was last week when Super Mario 2 came out, it was such an event and still is really My game game of the whole franchise :)

Acid, keep up with us, you don't want to miss nothing here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:32 am

All of those were good, gotta have Mr. T for the Holidays and that Macaulay Culkin was in 1993, 30 years ago this year and was one of his last mainstream performances. He was very slowing fading away after that.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:32 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:10 am

All of that was good. That News Report from 1983, 40 years ago this year was something. Them Joes :!: I actually liked Glow Worms more that Cabbage Patch Kids but I never had any however. My Grandma never could find those Ewok sets or the plushes for Me but as you saw in My grand showcase she got Me some of the standard figures which was still great :) Oh man look at Faker, he was huge to Me then and really he's still My favorite MOTU character. That was cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:13 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:34 am

Thems good. That was a weird newscast there, a bit on the exotic-romantic side there as well :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 am

Those were good. Good Raymond, dang, she looked good again, I love her expressions :batwink: That newscast was a rather weird one IMO. Yes, reading those bios of the Joes was important, almost as fun as the figure included. The Bad Guys was REMCO's like My Defenders I showcased before...really I always preferred them over Joes and crossed them over many times with them back in the day. Oh man I recall when My Grandparents got Me Castle Grayskull...I was one happy youngster but still feel I didn't appreciate those moments well enough. MOTU was huge then...it was He-Man & Star Wars for Me ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions