Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:06 am

I hope you saw 92 & 93 cause as that was some great stuff so now here's is WWF Survivor Series 94 which was so darn epic, it's as epic now as it was then and really one of the best of the event's entire history and it was in Texas :o

There's a lot that was on My mind about it but a lot of it i couldn't locate for now. Here's the event promo with Chuck Norris :o

Chuck Norris was a huge household name already for over a decade by time this event was being anticipated. He was a special guest at WWF Wrestlemania 7 in 1991 (the same one that My Great "Uncle Buck" Cousin Mike recorded for Me straight from PPV that I showcased ;) By this time in 94 his great Walker: Texas Ranger show was already on for it's second season with several wrestles that showed up there with more to follow after it :o Here's his two great promos plus a little history of why this is happening :!: Oh and I'm hoping he's gonna be a WWE Hall of Famer really soon :)

The Bad Guys!

Clowns R' Us! Phil Apollo was already Doink for about a year or so.

Tatanka's heel promo!

Bret & Bulldog!

Remember how you said about Backlund just alright :?: Well after he went nuts he beat Bret Hart thanks to Owen to become the new WWF Champion or rather just "regained the belt" and from then on Mr. Bob Backlund went on and put on some of the wildest & craziest promos for well over a year :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am

I hope you saw Chuck Norris there, that was absolutely huge then in 94 :!: Now here we go with WWF Survivor Series 95 :)

This is one of My favorite ones as it was so different and cool looking.

Here's this cool ad.

I couldn't find everything I wanted so here's the first & last ever Wild Card Match with promos when The Bulldog was a major heel going on a couple months after he betrayed Diesel...I loved this time :)

Ever wanted to know when was the THE FIRST MOMENT of when Kevin Nash became The Big Sexy persona :?: Well this was the precursor of it on Raw the night after WWF Survivor Series 95...this is so cool and also this is when WWF was starting edgier stuff coming out of left field...just watch & listen :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:31 am

1996, the year of change. So a lot of the superb fun stuff that I've shown thus far is gone as the true beginnings of The Attitude Era are upon us. The Monday Night Wars have truly begun, The Dungeon of Doom is far below as the nWo is now the craze and Sting broods for who knows how long becoming "The Crow" Sting...Jim Ross has his fake Razor Ramon & Fake Diesel, the affairs happen as Chris Benoit starts with Woman ultimately feuding with Kevin Sullivan in wrestling as well as real life in WCW and Jim Cornette accuses Shawn Michaels of many affairs with women including the Bulldog's wife I mean everything is wrestling just changed and you can tell it was starting in 95 with the shocking Diesel promo I provided with WWF Survivor Series 95, so now here's WWF Survivor Series 96 :!:

I couldn't find all what I wanted but here's these.

A cool commercial promo along with The WWF Hall of Fame, this was an exciting time :)

Steve Austin's great promos vignette then Vinnie Mac interviews Stone Cold & Hitman :!:

Rocky Maivia's debut and yes that's Kevin Kelly :o Listen how Jim Ross hypes him up so much, this was the start of it plus listen...that's "the now Sentence" Sunny :shock: I enjoy this Rocky so much more than what he'd become :roll:

Sycho Sid's grand entrance :!:

Sycho Sid won the championship, here's his great promo the night after on Raw :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:24 am

The Rock's debut always kills me. Man, what a difference. I was way out of watching by the time of these. I did rent 96 when I got back in as I remember Blockbuster had a copy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:55 am

Oh yes, like I said, I preferred Rocky Maivia over the Rock :roll:That's great that you recall that you rented it over at Blockbuster Video ;)

Here's the WWF Survivor Series 97: Gang Rulz which I loved this concept. This was one of the many cool things of the Attitude Era. This was the event of the Montreal Screwjob of Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels which is still one of the most shocking moments ever in wrestling and one of the greatest matches in history IMO :)

Holy crap, look at that, this was darn cool when they had the Free For All on the Preview Channel..look at that Never Say Never Again (83) & Groundhog day (93) both have their 40th & 30th anniversaries this year respectively plus more there too. Look at Triple H & Chyna. I really miss these days :o :roll:

THE ENCORE :!: :!: :!:

OK, before we get to the Montreal Screwjob, I wanted to point out one of My favorite moments of the event but first you gotta see this one as The Commandant leads The Truth Commission on their debut of Raw.

Now here's their match at the WWF Survivor Series 97 against the D.O.A. Now their managed by The Jackyl, you know him as Don Callis :o

From WWE over ten years ago.

As a bonus, here's a recent video package with Vinnie Mac and the Montreal Screwjob :!:

OK, now here's the night on Raw after the WWF Survivor Series 97 :shock:

Now here's this video, it shows you how rad the Monday Night Wars was about the Montreal Screwjob the next night, Bret Hart plus much more :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:03 am

EDIT: I just put a special Free For All that was on the Preview Channel before the WWF Survivor Series 97...check it out :o

Now we're in full blown Attitude Era, a year removed from the Montreal Screwjob and stuff is really something else now. Survivor Series 98, 25 years ago this year was at The Kiel Center in My home town of St. Louis. If you don't know the Kiel, it's one of the most famous in the country and it's right next to Bush Stadium in Down Town...this is where The Saint Louis Blues played :)

The Intro :!:

Listen to JR say St. Louis :)

Full match of The Rock vs. Mankind, it was very creative :!: Gosh, where the heck is a time machine when you need one :shock:

Here's this exclusive promo. It was always bittersweet to Me that The Rock won the WWF Championship in St. Louis but it was one heck of a time never ever to be repeated again :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:18 am

OK, I'm doing 3 short ones and I'm done with the WWF Survivor Series for now and look how all of these vary from each other in three different eras :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

WWF Survivor Series 99 :!:

Who hit Stone Cold :? :?: :o Gosh I miss moments that looked and felt like this in wrestling.

WWE Survivor Series 2003...20 years ago this year :o

These teams were awesome and even though this was like the beginning of the Ruthless Aggression Era and the big tall man was fading away, it was still a great time :) Look at the size of Lesnar's team, wow that was an awesome team to say the least :shock:

WWE Survivor Series 2013...10 years ago this year :o

Cool promos :!:

Cool music video with clips from most previous Survivors Series events ;)

I'm done with WWF Survivor Series for now, I got an idea for tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:05 am

OK, now I'm done with the WWF Survivor Series so be sure to check My last few posts out in case you missed something especially that last one ;)

I'm holding off on My idea for the moment. Here this great WWF Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan promo from 1991, this was awesome :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:57 pm

Woah, so I went to post about the new season of Darkside and I realized I totally forgot to pick this thread up after the holidays. My bad...

Or his Bad...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:11 pm

Wow and a very young Gordon Solie there, too.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc