Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:24 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:16 am

That was an amazing Kodak commercial there with the late great Michael Landon. how about that, Kodak's 100th anniversary was in 1980 :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:50 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:31 am

That was such a sweet Avon commercial. I was so cool when My Mom & Grandma got Me special things from them like My E.T., Star Wars, TMNT & Muppet Babies ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:25 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:11 am

I never ever seen that before. Gosh, see even way back then with special mail-in offers :o Too bad that all had to end with the digital age :roll: I must say those strongly resemble the Jack in the Box Antenna Balls We used to get back in the day. I believe I still have the Reindeer & St. Louis Cardinals ones somewhere around here, If I do and find'em I'll showcase'em sometime in My Odds & Ends ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:17 pm

That's a lot of balls.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:34 am

Ah Slice, boy do I miss that soda. I love Soda and I have since I was a youngster. At a very early age I knew who made what cause I loved to read the cans & bottles kinda like I do with Copyrights on action figures & blister cards + Video Games and more cause I have always been one for knowledge & history. If you have read My showcases then you know in just about everyone of them I'm always talking those Copyrights because it's very important as they tell you when what was made, who made it & when. I even surprised My Parents back in the day cause they didn't read that stuff but I always found it fascinating and helpful for many reasons. I still do for just about everything, Food, Wrestling & Sports Companies, Movie Production Companies & Credits & movies & TV Shows, Car companies and more usually without looking on the web cause I'm old school cause I never did back then but of I occasionally do cause things have to change like taking over, merging and all that jazz. Hasbro is such a huge one for that. Now why do I miss Slice :?: This was Pepsi's own version of Lemon-Lime soda which it was kinda bold showing Coke's Sprite & Dr. Pepper's 7 Up there. Slice was My favorite of the three, I always found it having a sparkling crisper tasting edge, more soothing and I loved it when they had multiple flavors too, in fact I believe they had different flavors like orange & blackberry before the other guys did but don't quote Me on that one. Sadly in about 1999 Pepsi thought of re-branding it into Sierra Mist and which was good but it really didn't have that crisper edge I just mentioned, it seemed like they really changed it and then years later they changed the name to Mist Twist which the name was a twist itself of Mountain Dew then they changed it back to Mist Twist and Slice become a thing of the past like so many thing that so very few people anywhere ever mention but I'm glad you posted this PB ;) Now Schnucks has their own brand of sodas and I must say their Fizz Up is quite close to how Slice was :)

I'm quoting Myself from your Jokes Topic cause I treat My Soda like gold especially during these times of sever inflation & stock shortages..

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Why would you waste any precious soda, prank or otherwise :?:

Now you know which is My Favorite of the original three ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:29 am

I don't really recall Slice much, though I was never a big lemon lime fan.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Wow, I love this Kodak Disc commercial! What a throwback.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions