Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:12 am

You know, I haven't seen it. My kid actually saw it in the theater for a birthday party and said it was meh, so I never bothered. I watched a few minutes of it and didn't seem like anything special. I just don't see the need to expand on the original.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:11 am

I see. Shame your kid didn't like it. I thought it was pretty good.

I never saw that Spike Jones before, that was quite different.

This is arguably My most fave classic Christmas song ever :!: :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:10 am

A Christmas staple, for sure.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:25 am

Indeed :schal:

That was a great one, Dean & Frank were at it again this time with two classic looking beauties :scbat:

Here is Mine which is a double flashback feature of sorts...

Here is 2 of My Grandma's favorite Christmas songs by Elvis. It makes Me recall so much of the time with her dressing up nice and Us having a good Family Christmas with all kinds of gifts & presents. She'd play these on My Grandpa's custom made Record & CD player with big speakers. I wasn' a big Elvis fan however I loved his Back in Black appearance and I got into him for Christmas. It seems so long ago...she always did the best she could with everything :(

Here's an IMPORTANT NOTE: She was one of Elvis's biggest fans, When My Grandparents were traveling around, she wanted to and went to Graceland and visited Elvis' mansion :shock: There was Elvis's Uncle, right away he befriended her and she had a great time there for a long while that day. She really got around and knew the people...I thought this was such an apropos moment to talk about here :scww:

Now moving on to something a little more epic...

Here is Krampus's theme by Douglas Pipes...this is ultimately & arguably the greatest Christmas movie score ever :scsm:

As a sweet bonus how can you talk about Christmas music and not mention John William's superb Home Alone theme :?:

MERRY CHRISTMAS :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:12 am

Elvis is a Christmas standard. I figured you'd get to his songs so I didn't do any. Plus, they're so well known. My parents listened to Elvis even when I was little, so I learned to appreciate his music and actually do like much of it. I remember finding a big concert program/book in my parents closet that must've been from a concert they attended in the 70s. I don't know whatever became of it, not sure they even have it anymore.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:12 am

Well thanks and that is good. Great story there :scsm: Shame about that, that's pure history ya know :roll: IDK Dan Fogleberg but that was ok ;)

Here is 1991's Addams family theme by Vic Mizzy's theme that was greatly emulated greatly by Marc Shaiman :blbat: :scww: :blsm: :blhal: :scmm: :blbaf: :scaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:10 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:29 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:13 am

Those were good Christmas songs, I'm really not family with the latter one, Santa's Lament.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:16 pm

I'm not really either, but Guide Sarducci was a recurring SNL character in the 80s, so the title caught my eye.

Here's a more popular song, and one of my favs...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions