Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:30 am

That was a great one. Pringle was actually slim then, he'd gain a lot a weight, well over a hundred pounds in the next couple of decades :o Yes. Luger & Rude together and he was called The Lugar :!: As a bonus I'll post a recent show that was before Crown Jewel as Lex Luger surprisingly showed up on The Bump in the WWE/NXT Topic :shock:

OK, I found what I was looking for. Here's a short handicap squash match of The Giant. First listen what he says when he comes out. After that Jimmy Hart & Kevin Sullivan talks then Mean Gene is swaying away from Andre being The Giant's Daddy then The Giant has one of the best promos and one of My favorites. I love it when he says gonna shred his face like it's on a cheese-grader, nothing but blond hair and pieces of Hulkamaniac :o :lol: Again, this is so darn good :)

There's 2 more promos that is similar that I loved back in the day but i haven't found them yet...soon maybe ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:13 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:55 am

Yeah, I miss those times of Bobby Roode, he's another that should be in or near the main event.

Here's this. Watch Chris Benoit have a nasty bump at :25 seconds then this is how Woman became part of The Four Horsemen plus a promo from Hogan and then well...just watch ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:30 am

That looked like a nasty crash from Benoit.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:28 am

That was great, I believe that was the first time Hogan & Macho interacted with each other on WWF TV and begin one of the best teams ever known IMO ;)

Yes it was, you saw Woman turn on Macho & Hogan, well a week later at WCW SuperBrawl 6 - 96, the unthinkable happen and Miss Elizabeth betrayed Macho Man, caused him the World Championship and joined Ric Flair :o It's so amazing how this was turned around from their feud in the WWF in 92 :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I must say it made Me like Miss Liz a lot more however back in the day :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:36 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:27 pm

I loved when the Mega Powers broke up. I was 90% on Randy's side. XD
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:43 am

Yeah, that was something when The Mega Power exploded in 1988, 35 years ago this year, I recall it like it was last week. There's been nothing like it from any fed since!

Now notice that Brutus Beefcake came to Hogan's rescue there :?: Well fast forward to 1996, as you've seen the Mega Powers are back to together and Liz is with Flair & Woman...such turn arounds right :?: Well here comes The Booty Man and their all three together! After that a hectic Flair promo at the Nitro Commentator's booth then The Booty Man cleaned house and then watch Bobby Heenan run then a super hilarious Hogan, Macho Man & Booty Man promo soon follows. Bischoff say this is not a War Zone...WWF would have Raw is War - War Zone about a year later :shock: This has always been one of My favorite WCW moments :)

Here's the short story of the Booty Man...

Spoiler:
Did you notice in the other video I posted the other day when the Zodiac didn't want The Giant to hit Hogan with the chair anymore and they were wondering why? Well that's because Hogan placed The Zodiac Man as a spy for The Mega Maniacs :o :batwink: :wwwink: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:39 am

It certainly was an amazing time. Beng 10 I thought it was all still real and watching that backstage brawl my mouth just about it the floor. It was so well done.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:20 am

Oh yes, it was done superbly well PB ;) Such charisma Macho Man had, nobody else had it like him ;)

So also at SuperBrawl 6, The Loch Ness Monster debuted to attack Hogan...I thought he was so awesome. Here's his first promo/interview :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc