Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Monster of the Day

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Monster of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 pm

I have heard of that one.

For today's Monster of the Day I thought we would go to a land down under...

Yep, that's where women glow and men plunder, and where a creepy little red toothless vampire jumps out of trees and sucks your blood. Blah blah blah.

Yara Ma Yha Who is a blood-sucking creature from aboriginal folklore that lurks in the treetops until a person walks under it. Then it would leap from the tree onto the person, suck almost all its blood, and swallow them whole. After swallowing the poor soul, it would regurgitate the person up, take a drink of water and nap, then wake up to puke the person out over and over. As it does this, he/she will become shorter and redder each time until they themselves become a Yara Ma Yha Who.

Its method of attack is clever and scores it unlucky humans. It drops down from trees, usually fig trees, onto the person, then grabs the human's arm and uses the suckers on its fingers to suck up the blood before running away. It later returns and eats the victim whole and vomits it out for an easy meal the next time. Eventually after the Yara a a who has stopped this revolting process, the victim will have turned into one of the creatures itself.

That's not a yara-ma-yha-who, that's just Hillary Clinton with a sunburn.

Still, drinking human blood couldn't taste any worse than a vegemite sandwich.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:13 am

That's good. I knew nothing of that one :o

Dragons & unknown water creatures, just a few videos that's unreal and makes you question what heck are they :o

I believe that this is an unknown specie of Whale, it has a blow hole and flat tail like one but the head is quite different :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:16 pm

With so much of the underwater world unexplored, and similar creatures being spotted in lakes around the world, it makes you wonder.

Today's Monster of the Day takes us south for the Wampus Cat!

Cherokee folklore offers a few perspectives on the Wampus cat. One legend tells of Running Deer, a Cherokee woman who wanted to take down the evil spirit Ew'ah, known as the Spirit of Madness. Running Deer wanted revenge, for she believed the spirit was responsible for driving her husband, Standing Bear, to madness. Equipped with a booger mask and the spirit of a mountain cat, she surprised and defeated the spirit, becoming the tribe's Spirit-Talker and Home-Protector. Some believe that Running Deer's spirit resides within the Wampus cat, guarding the Cherokee lands against dark forces hidden in the depths of Tanasi. According to another legend, the creature was once a woman who spied on a sacred ceremony by hiding beneath the pelt of a mountain lion. A medicine man punished the woman by transforming her into a fearsome feline entity: the Wampus cat.

Some historic accounts also lend weight to the existence of the Wampus cat. The Greeneville Sun reported December 17, 1918, "A 'Wampus' is reportedly roaming the big ridge in the vicinity of Gethsemane." The newspaper went on to say that sightings and rumors of the Wampus cat have persisted for generations, further fueling the intrigue and tall tales surrounding the beast. Years later, the creature made headlines again when it was blamed for a string of livestock deaths. Newspapers reported that the elusive monster had consumed dogs, pigs and other animals in the Norfolk area. They speculated that the Wampus might belong to a species long believed to be extinct.

Eyewitnesses describe the Wampus cat as a large and fearsome creature with a bobcat's face, often portrayed as a cross between a cat and a human, with sharp, elongated claws and fangs. Its most distinctive feature is its glowing, yellow eyes that supposedly pierce through the darkness of the night as it roams the Appalachian Mountains. Eyewitnesses have reported seeing a creature with a muscular, feline body covered in dark, matted fur, accompanied by a long, sinuous tail that aids in its balance and agility. Some accounts assert that the creature has six legs and is more of a half-cat, half-dog hybrid.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:59 am

Yes it sure does. There's the fascination about the universe but I'm like why are they wnating to go to other planets when most of the ocean is undiscovered as its a whole new world down there :roll: I believe that there's many cave systems that is possibly connected to Hollow Earth with a ton of unknown animals and these Cryptids know how to navigate them like humans know how to do a highway or subway and that's why their popping up here and there and why some of them of them look a like yet are thousands of miles apart :shock:

Yes, I know the Wampus Cat, I wouldn't want to encounter it, that's way worse than a Mountain Lion/Cougar :o

Today's monster of the day is kinda continuing the underwater scenario, it's none other than the Mysterious BLOOP SOUND :o

I still personally believe that this INDEED a creature of unknown origin and NOT some iceberg quake and it's huge, possibly even bigger than the Blue Whale. Ever since I first knew about this a long time ago I always thought it was the size of Godzilla or some type of Kaiju. The ocean is big enough to house ginormous animals I know that for sure ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:56 pm

Wow, you guys are really pulling out the obscure monsters! I love it!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:36 am

Acid, I'm always for the obscure ;)

So here's a movie monster that is hardly mentioned, one that I was in awe about...it's a Star Wars creature and it's an Exogorth Space Slug named Sy-O :shock:

When I first saw this in My youngster days I couldn't believe it. Still it's a pretty incredible creature :)

SW Space Slug 1.jpg

Here's the anatomy of a Space Slug. Notice the Mynocks are with it. Remember, Mynocks are parasitic creatures, when they're around that means that they are feeding on either wires & electronics of starships or the flesh & organs of other living organisms :wwshock: The species are actually sentient and within their bodies is an ecosystem that they allow other species to make their home. It sounds really far out but they are like a living environment, even a planet of their own. These are some of the biggest creatures ever known to exist in the universe which them being over 900 meters long, that's about 3000 feet in length and even take down & eat Imperial Star Destroyers :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: They live for countless years into the billions thus making them some of the old life forms in existence :shock: Now the thing is Sy-O was only a couple billion years old and is considered young for a Space Slug in the Hoth Asteroid Belt :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

SW Space Slug 2.jpg

While The ginormous monster has been feature in other media, he was only featured in one scene in one film but IMO it's one of the most memorable and one of the scenes that made Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back seem like a horror film just for a few short moments :blsm: Here's the iconic scene of the The Space Slug that is thought to be a Cave :o

Look at that, his teeth are the size of the ship :o

SW Space Slug 3.jpg

As a bonus here's Robot Chicken's continuation of after the Millennium Falcon escaped :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:06 pm

Spaaaace Slugs!

So my son was at a birthday party at a community center today, and several of the boys went to use the restroom and I was standing in the hallway and you could hear them in there, and then one of them shouted something three times so I thought we would make that today's Monster of the Day....

Historically, the divination ritual encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backward holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face.[1] There was, however, a chance that they would see a skull (or the face of the Grim Reaper) instead, indicating that they were going to die before they would have the chance to marry.

In the ritual of today, Bloody Mary allegedly appears to individuals or groups who ritualistically invoke her name in an act of catoptromancy. This is done by repeatedly chanting her name into a mirror placed in a dimly lit or candle-lit room. The name must be uttered 13 times (or some other specified number of times). The Bloody Mary apparition allegedly appears as a corpse, witch, ghost that can be friendly or evil or a demonic spirit and is sometimes seen covered in blood (hence the name). The lore surrounding the ritual states that participants may endure the apparition screaming at them, cursing them, strangling them, stealing their soul, drinking their blood, or scratching their eyes out. Some variations of the ritual call Bloody Mary by a different name—"Hell Mary" and "Mary Worth" are popular examples. The modern legend of Hanako-san in Japan strongly parallels the Bloody Mary mythology.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:01 am

I have never done that, even when I was a youngster I wouldn't do that and never will. Same thing with Candy Man and Beetlejuice :o

Today's a big one...The Mystery Flesh Pit National Park in Texas.

Mystery Flesh pit 1.jpg

It was discovered in the 1970s by the Anodyne corporation during their mining dig. I know they say it's fiction and all that jazz but I don't buy it, not for one second. It's nothing but a darn cover up of the truth for all of those mysterious deaths that happen in 2007. I have also read that many people have experienced this and it is indeed real. You decide.

Here's this promo video!

Very interesting :batwink:

Here's this video.

The Fauna :!:

A a long video but of a ton of info.

Now this is scary :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

George Lucas must have known about this Permian Super-organism because it was found in the 1970s. His Sarlacc Pit of Carcoon is very much like this and he did that in 1983, 40 years ago this year in SW: ROTJ :o

Like I said, I believe it it to be real, there's been so much about it and tell the families of all the people that died that it's fiction :o I think more people needs to be aware of this one I mean the saying is everything is bigger in Texas, well they ain't kiddin' when it comes to this creature :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:04 pm

Wait, wut? Never heard of that before.

Todat's Monster of teh Day takes us to Cannon Beach, Oregon. Cannon Beach is a scenic coastal town in Oregon, famous for its sandy beach, rocky formations, and charming shops and restaurants. But behind this idyllic facade, there is a dark and sinister secret that haunts the locals and visitors alike: the Bandage Man. This is a horrific creature that appears out of nowhere, wrapped in bloody bandages, and attacks unsuspecting people on the road or in their cars.

The Bandage Man is a phantom figure that roams the area around Cannon Beach, especially along Highway 101 and a short road known as “Bandage Man Road”. He is described as a man of average height and weight, covered in blood-soaked bandages that hide his face and body. He smells of rotting flesh and leaves behind pieces of bandages wherever he goes. The Bandage Man is said to appear out of the fog or the dark, and jump in front of vehicles, bang on the windows or doors, or even climb into the back seats or truck beds. He sometimes attacks people with his claws or teeth, or tries to drag them out of their cars. He also has a taste for dogs and cats, and has been blamed for killing several pets in the area.

According to most versions of the story, the Bandage Man was a logger who was caught in a terrible accident at a sawmill. After the Bandage Man was severely cut up, he was picked up by an ambulance that was going to bring him to a hospital. However, on the way there, the ambulance was hit by a landslide and toppled down a hill. When the authorities came to the wreckage, the Bandage man was nowhere to be found.

Usually, someone is driving around in a pickup truck or a convertible when they start smelling the scent of rotting flesh. Curious as to where the strange scent is coming from, they turn around and look toward the back of the vehicle. It is only then that they realize they have a hitchhiker: the Bandage Man. These unlucky teens are then greeted by the sight of a man covered from head to toe in blood-drenched bandages. Often, he is staring directly at them or even pounding on the back of the car. Sometimes, it seems as if he’s just looking for a ride as he’ll mysteriously disappear before reaching the town center.

The Bandage Man is most often said to smell horrible, like rotting flesh, and to be disheveled and covered in dirty, bloody rags, though I believe nowadays in Oregon they just refer to those people as ANTIFA.

If that image doesn't make you believe in chemical castration then I don't know what will.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:44 am

I didn't think you did and that is one too keep close to remember and lok about often as there's always a new story about it, it's truly incredible ;) I never knew about Bandage Man :shock: OK, you know about ANTIFA so then I'm not not gonna spell it like @ntiva anymore :o

Today's Monster of the day will be different, a double header and it's two of My favorites by Stephen King! First is the Werewolf in 1985's Silver Bullet. I've expressed much about how many times I watched this Grandma and I just recently did with My Mom. He was really the first Werewolf I saw and I have always thought he was so neat so here's this :)

Silver Bullet has such a great beginning :blbat:

This poor gal :wwsmh: :batsmh: :smsmh:

I posted this last year with the old NWA match!

Here's a carnage count video for additional stuff.

Next up is...

Yep, now earlier I said that the Dracula in the Monster Squad is My fav Dracula of all however, when your talking vampires in general and possibly the count himself none beats The Night Flier IMO. I recall it like last week when it premiered on HBO in 97, I couldn't believe how the movie was :shock:

Here's the unbelievable bathroom scene where you see him for the first time :o

Now you see what he really looks like as well as a bloody air port massacre hell :blbat:

You see what he once looked liked and that he's quite old reminiscent of the old Transylvania lore :blww:

Oh man, I love these :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions