Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:23 am

That one of King Kong Bruiser Brody was great. He was so good on the mic and had such cool nuts personality!

I found the whole clip of the one I posted the other day, just ignore the foreign subtitles, I love the spooky sound effects ;)

Here's this one that I wanted post before but couldn't find it till now. There's two promos here, the second one was in one in the big clips I provided the other day but the first one isn't. The first is one of My favorite promos ever of the DOD and The Giant talks so awesme here, I love this one!

OK, back to real time now, listen to Bischoff, this is when they were starting the cruiserweight division when the "little guys" were starting to get their own time and it was in 95 :) Mean Gene talks about the WCW Hotline and he actually mentions the WWF :shock: This is some promo by Kevin Sullivan & The Giant and Bischoff hypes up WCW Halloween Havoc 95 very good here :blbat: :blsm:

Here's this great one with The Master & The Taskmaster revealing that The Yeti is there :o

Here's Hogan to counter act that and he looks so good here :)

Just a little while after that you see Sting wearing the red & yellow like Hogan just said. After The Harlem Heat is defeated The Dungeon of Doom come and The Giant & Hogan are in action for the first time in the ring and the head of security Doug Dillinger is ready to hit The Hulkster with his billy club and then the Yeti makes his presence know breaking out of the ice :o Now this ends abruptly and that's the way it did when it first aired. It's always been bittersweet and when I first saw this and really it's still like that I thought it was The Ultimate Warrior how he opened his mouth and did his arms :shock:

OK, back to what you posted about The Giant Gonzales. I don't find that a bad name. It was his real name, Jorge Gonzales I mean when he was in WCW he was just called El Gigante which translates in Spanish "The Giant" so it was shortened and without his last name it was like Paul Wight's "The Giant" was really called the same thing, only in the English wording. Now It's funny you posted him because there's a story about him and The Yeti. He was supposed to be The Yeti because Gonzales was like a Bigfoot, Yeren or Neanderthal in the WWF but he got bad sick and had to pull out of the gimmick so Kevin Sullivan had to do something about it quick so the Mummy you saw above wasn't the original idea. He got another giant and that was Big Ron Studd aka Reese aka Ron Reis. You'll see him in My next installment as it will be a Halloween 95 special, get ready for that :blbat: :blww: :blsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:01 am

Oh the Giant Gonzalez name was fine, it was that bodysuit which made it awful.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:58 am

I see, I miss read what you said. That was a good I.R.S. one, I liked seeing those vignettes back then. See you can find the headstone one you was talking about, that's even better IMO as he's saying rest in peace mocking The Undertaker.

OK get ready for a big one. First here's three different WCW Halloween Havoc TV Spots.

So here it is, the match that has been building up. WWE actually put BOTH matches on YT that is cleverly done in 1 clip. First is the Sumo Monster Trucks on Cobo Hall and after that the unbelievable aftermath then the second match is about to start with Hogan talking about what happen and then it begins which this WAS The Giant's FIRST pro match and has some shocking moments and it has one of the most bizarre, weirdest, wackiest & strangest endings ever with Jimmy Hart, Macho Man, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan & The Yeti :o Like Heenan says here, you never see a PPV like this again. I just love this :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:48 am

Oh, the Yeti, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:17 am

That was a great one for Mankind, this time in 96 was so cool and arguably My favorite time of Mick Foley :!:

So here's the Aftermath of WCW Halloween Havoc 95. The Giant is now the new WCW World Heavy Champion and Jimmy Hart is now heel after betraying Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger is now now a member of The Dungeon of Doom :o

Wait, he was going to be a fighting champion then this happen :shock:

Here's this great Dungeon of Doom promo with the Giant, The Master, The Taskmaster and The Yeti. This is THE LAST time that you see The Yeti which I always felt there was more that they should have done with him however he would morph into something else

Tomorrow will be two new members of the Dungeon of Doom, one you know very well :blbat: :blww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:58 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:07 pm

Yeah, didn't the Yeti become some kind of ninja but still called Yeti until becoming Reis in Raven's Flock?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:51 am

Acid - Yes, your correct. They were hyping up World War 3 having three rings with one giant in each one...Hogan, The Giant and The Yeti. When The Yeti was was entering the match he was unrecognizable because he was now a ninja :o If Dave Penzer wouldn't have announced him nobody would have known it. Soon he was crypticly out of the Dungeon of Doom and then known as The Super Giant Ninja :shock: More on that later.

PB - That was a great Ric Flair promo. That was a fantastic example of seeing a cut and blood rushing out of it :batwink: I liked HHH's beard back then, shame he didn't have that longer.

OK, here's two new members of the Dungeon of Doom but first let's see were they originally met Kevin Sullivan before this :?

In 1991, Sullivan recruited The One Man Gang and freed him of being Akeem the African Dream :o In this match the Ref is Bill Alfonzo! Check out OMG's Mask & Sullivan's hair :!:

So in ECW in 1994, Sullivan's "Woman" got him Crash the Terminator :o You know him as Bill DeMott :shock:

So now to 1995, Crash is now Hugh Morris, the "laughing man of question" :batshock:

Next is the One Man Gang and this is really good, The Zodiac is nuts here and notice that Sullivan says about him & the OMG in a previous life. When I first saw this when it aired I was quite excited to see him back, he's one of My favs :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:08 am

Hmm, I didn't know that was where the name Hugh Morris came from. By the time I saw him he was just wrestling solo.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:06 am

How about that, Raven is back :o Yep, now you know about Hugh Morris or rather Hugh-Morous :? :lol:

Hogan & Macho in the Darkside like you never seen them before :o

Sting's promo! Notice how he's letting the blond go away, he was preparing for the change then :o

Sting vs. Hogan, this was a dream match for years much like the one with Hogan & Luger just a couple months prior! It was really amazing how you read and look at wrestling magazines like Pro Wrestling Illustrated with all of these dream matches then years later they actually happen and also joined forces too!

Hogan & Sting see eye to eye and Sting is so good here, in fact this is truly one of the best promos from either of them :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc