Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:55 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:54 am

I always felt that Jeff Hardy should always be in or near the main event picture, maybe not always champ but just up there because he was so fun watch, I felt the same way about Dolph Ziggler. The Hardy stuff in TNA in the later years was pretty good. That one you posted yesterday, WWE reenacted one like that with Woken Matt Hardy. Too bad Jeff never did the Willow character in WWE, they were too busy making a mockery of his alcoholism :roll:

FIRST OFF I just found what I was looking for the other day. It's not the whole clip as it's edited but I think you can get how it was so here's a clip of when The Giant debuts in the Dungeon of Doom's cave and this was actually the first time Hogan entered it!

OK now continuing after the Giant leveled out everybody in the ring, here's Hogan's first appearance back from Fall Brawl at War Games with Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart talking about Monster Trucks :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:28 am

That was certainly something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:17 am

Yes it was. That was a pretty good Kevin Sullivan promo. That was in his heyday with Angel aka Woman aka Nancy.

Here's another one of My fav moments of the Dungeon of Doom and this occurred after the promo you saw yesterday. Hogan has a great but short promo then a mysterious woman attacks Hogan (the woman in red next to the attacker is Debra McMichael!) and I love it when Heenan says "that's no woman, that's Norman Bates :lol: The unthinkable happens to Hoagn and the Zodiac even get's his clippers from one of his prior gimmicks :o Ooohhh this was so fun when I first so this, still so good :blbat: After this is a 30 second WCW Halloween Havoc 95 commercial that is also very good :blww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:57 pm

How long was that actual storyline?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:48 am

That was a cool time. This happen after Vampiro was becoming his own after ICP & The Great Muta left and The Demon was changing. Dale Torberg was also becoming his own but he didn't go anywhere. His father is Jeff Torborg whom is a MLB manager. The woman there is Asya which was Vine Russo's mockery of Chyna. The storyline there was real as Dale & Asya (Christi Wolf) would get married soon after and their still married. Dale was a ball player but got injured in the minors. When WWF bought WCW he retired and become a coach for teams like The Montreal Expos & Chicago White Sox. He even was in movies and was a consultant on many Baseball films.

How long was it :?: It was pretty long. If you start it from the days of the Three Faces of Fear from where I did here with Sullivan, The Butcher & Avalanche, it was about a year and a half but if you start it from the birth of the Dungeon of Doom about a year or so. They carried it on for a while and there's even more members yet to come. After Halloween Havoc 95 it slowed down a bit however soon after The Four Horsemen would join the DOD and become the Alliance to Destroy Hulkamania which was great. After that it basically ended, the group wasn't feuding with anybody and then the nWo happen and all the fun stuff like this over and the DOD was really fading out :roll:

So here's when Hogan returns from his beat & shaved down by the DOD. He's now "Evil" Hulk Hogan all dressed in black and Mean Gene is really into this. Now this is really good...@ 3:50 the DOD Monster Truck comes and nearly runs over that cop it while The Giant is driving it!

IMPORTANT NOTES to know before you see the clip:

#1. Hogan's all in black was actually a reference spin of the Death & Return of Superman when the Man of Steel wore black!

#2. People started really booing Hogan here though it was happening off & on before this.

#3. This was actually Hogan's precursor to Hollywood Hogan in 96. Here he was like a heel but really he's still a babyface but also a tweener because Hogan did do very heelish things during this time. The thing is when it happen in 96 everybody seemed to forget that and wasn't like hey, didn't we see Hogan all in black and as an "evil" version last year in 95 :?

#4. This promo was actually THE shot fired to Vinnie Mac that ignited to take action but that wouldn't start till January of 96 with the Billionaire Ted skits which more on that at a later date.

#5. At :55 there's a VERY YOUNG Justin Roberts...yes THE JUSTIN ROBERTS that was the WWE ring announcer and the ring announcer in AEW :o

Here's these two promos of Hogan talking about him in black and that he's got the people that built the Bigfoot Monster truck to build him a Monster Truck (Bigfoot Monster Truck was hugely popular then and created by Bob Chandler that is from the St. Louis area, this was quite big then) and Hogan does some good promo work here :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:49 am

Hmm, I've never actually seen images of the Hulkster without a stache. Pretty cool.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:13 am

That was a really good OX Baker promo there and with that red attire he looked even more menacing and spooky :o

Yes, it was. Now you saw how it happen when Sullivan shaved him and this short time is the only time you see him like that cause by time World War 3 happen he was growing it back :)

OK, here's this WCW Pro...fast forward to 51:30, here is a WCW Halloween Havoc Control Center with a great promo with Hogan and Bob Chandler talking about the Bigfoot Truck and St. Louis, this was so cool back in the day :)

I found what I was looking for it's in a big vid so follow My steps here PB ;) Start it at 46:13, here you see Bobby Heenan talking about Flair, then a rare Macho Man Slim Jim commercial then a cool Sullivan & Giant promo! Oh then there's this super hilarious match, it's one of My most favorite matches ever. It's Kamala & The Zodiac vs. Terry Morgan and Scott D'Amour...YES, THE SCOTT D'AMOUR that was in TNA :o Now at 56:09 is the Halloween Havoc Control with a Hogan promo then a Crossfire commercial, stop @ 01:28.00 then fast forward to 02:09:58 with another Halloween Havoc Report with a different Hogan in Black promo Report, then there's a Dungeon of Doom promo where The Master talks about The Yeti! Keep going till 02:17:39 to hear what Heenan says about The Master turning into a lizard :o

Oh man, I just found a bonus one I loved during that time, here's a match with Kamala which I believe it was his last match he had with WCW and really on TV period until his WWE return many years later. In this match you see Meng with the big helmet mask and The Giant made a rare appearance on WCW World Wide and he stands right next to the crowd! You can stop at 3:31 but there is a ZOOP Video Game commercial there however which this was in 95 and you can see how cool it was then ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:58 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:25 pm

The Giant Gonzalez has to have the worst ring gear ever

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc