Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:24 am

That was something. Funny how another Giant tore the chain off his neck.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:01 am

That was a good Gangrel promo, he was fine on the mic. Yes it was and if you thought that was something, check this out, this happen just hours before Fall Brawl at War Games and this is also one of My all-time favorite moments in wrestling :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:10 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:02 am

I loved Jean-Pierre Lafitte. He was one of many new great ones that the WWF had in 95 but thanks to the Kliq backstage he didn't last long and was on his way of going places too :roll: I loved how he had a major backstory and he just wasn't a repackaged wrestler that we're supposed to think he or she is a new wrestler. I'm surprised you posted him PB, he was such a great one and still is...he's PCO currently and what a monster he's become :blaq:

OK, a bit back track here...here's the cool promo with The Hulkamaniacs when Vader was briefly a babyface. It ends at 2:20 so you can skip the rest unless you want to see Macho Man fight Mr. Wonderful.

OK, now we're at Fall Brawl at Wars Games 95, yesterday you saw the incredible promo that Hogan had with the Dungeon of Doom Monster Truck...well that happen just hours before the event. Here's these great video passages that was at Fall Brawl where you can see some additional clips including Meng with the big helmet that's a like a Dragon but a bit like the Predator and then they reveal that Vader is AWOL (Bischoff cryptically fired Vader) remember when i showed you when Lex Luger shockingly returned on the first WCW Monday Nitro? Well he took his place in the Hulkmaniacs and look what he have here...a terrific promo with Hogan, Macho Man, Sting and Lex Luger all together in a dream team for the ages :o

I will continue this tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:38 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:28 am

I thought that was amazing how The Headshrinkers & Afa had that WWF Magazine with their cousin Yokozuna on the cover :) That was WWF Wrestlemania 9 in 1993, 30 years ago this year which was such a good one.

Here's a brief look at the WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 95 match.

Now I couldn't find the clip but this was good enough when The Giant enters the double cages and attacks Hogan :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:34 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:41 am

That was a good Undertaker promo there, he still had his height and Paul Bearer was really heavy then too. Again, amazing to see Jim Ross work again with somebody from WCW :shock:

So with The Giant snapping Hogan's neck at Fall Brawl at War Games 95, the next night on WCW Monday Nitro, they had a big one and I recall this like it was yesterday and when I recorded this back then I watched it over and over again off and on for a long time as it also became a favorite moment of Mine. I love when Mongo is on commentary with his chihuahua PePe. So when the Giant appears listen to his voice, he sounds so awesome here and talks about his Father :) Also after that was another good moment when Harlem attacks The Blue Bloods to face The American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs).

By the way, if you want to finish the match here's the other part. I love it when Bobby Heenan says "Here comes the Colonel" and the result of the match may surprise ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:38 pm

It's a shame the WWE didn't let the Giant talk more.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:53 am

Yes I know, IMO his debut in the WWF could have been so much more. He was great on the mic and talented. It seems to Me that he got really densely dull hanging around Vinnie Mac all that time...his time in AEW is kinda lackluster and every time he speaks about how spooky Abadon is and so forth I'm like oh come on, you were in the Dungeon of Doom for cryin; out loud!

No promo but here's this great one after War Games when The Giant came to the ring and stopped everybody that tried to stop him...even Lex Luger :!: Bobby Heenan: Look at the size of these hands...they look like HAMS! Mongo: Like a Catcher's Mitt!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc