Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:44 am

I have not. It was on Svengoolie last weekend but I didn't catch it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:17 am

I haven't seen it yet but isn't amazing how they did that with Pooh...I'd like to see them make do that with other characters like that :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:21 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:54 pm

Huge fan of Kolchak. My favourite episode is probably the Jack the Ripper one.

So for movies, so far we've watched:
Witchboard (1985)
The Babadook (2014)
City of the Living Dead (1980)
The Killer Shrews (1954)
The Ward (2010)
The Gorgon (1964)
Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)
Legion (2010)
The Sentinel (1977)
Black Sunday (1960)
The Ghost (1963)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:46 am

The Nightstalker was great, it was always fun to watch :blbat: I'm not sure the title but I recall the one when they said about Raccoons are not bears and that their closely related to dogs. This was during the time when many species of animals weren't fully classified yet.

Acid - Legion is a great one, that was a must to see at the theater! I may post a bit about it soon. Don't forget to look what I said to in the Something Wicked topic, you never said if you interested in those are not.

Now I know I complain about reboots but I don't want to be hypocritical as I do make exceptions of remakes if their worthy or not. Well today is Friday the 13th and while we've done classic Jason stuff already and their still time left to to more, I wanted to focus on the reimagining of the 2009 version of Friday the 13th. When I first saw the previews on TV close to Valentine's Day, I was like I gotta see that cause I'm sure it ain't gonna be there long at the show. The movie actually came out on Friday the 13th in 2009 the day before Valentine's Day so then I saw it the week after. It was kinda scary believe it when I went because the auditorium was huge and a only a handful of people were there and it was later like 10:00 PM or so when it started cause I love to do things later at night. I was in awe about it really cause this was the first Friday the 13th movie I saw ever at the show. I knew many of the cast members because they were in TV shows I was watching at the time including Jared Padlecki because I was watching him every week in Supernatural. I was also thrilled that the women was really hot and there was some nice scenes of them. I loved that Jason was huge and was about the size of WWEwrestler Kane :!: The movie is fairly well done and it even starts out with his mother :blaq: Unfortunately they never continued it which is really a shame cause I was looking forward to it :roll: Here's the teaser & main trailers :blaq:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:07 pm

I really surprised with all the recent Halloweens doing fairly well that they haven't done another Friday the 13th.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:11 am

Yes but we gotta spare them out cause even though people think it's a ridicules number of movies, sooner or later your gonna run out and besides, there's more than Jason and the rest of the horror icons too but of course we'll still do dem ;)

Jason takes Manhattan was good but when I watch it I feel kinda let down because there's a ton of plebeians around and he doesn't kill any of them when he could have had a huge massacre and while the gang scene was fun, it could have been way different too.

So Acid mentioned about the films he watched and one was Legion. Well, I thought talk about it while it's fresh here or at least with Me. When I posted The Book of Eli a while back in regular Movie Trailers Topic I had mentioned I saw it along with Legion at the theater in 2010. My fav of the two was Legion which it's still such a memorable religious horror film. Look for the epic score in the Spooky Tunes Redux Topic, I hope Acid liked the score too because it's such a great one ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:50 am

I saw Legion on one of the movie channels. It was ok.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:25 am

The Masque of Red Death, how about that :o

So your post on Death of the Day kind sparked Me to do this sooner as I was going to wait till closer to Halloween but heck, sooner is sometimes better ;)

DOUBLE FEATURE!

So I have expressed many times how much I love the Alien franchise and I even made a topic a while back. If you don't recall I'll say it again really quick, My Grandpa Pa introduced Me to the first & second films when i was a youngster and I loved it, I wasn't afraid or anything. I liked it as much as Star Wars & Star Trek and it really became My favorite movie franchise.

Now also this includes Predator thanks to Dark Horse Comics. I was a bit different about Predator for a while because it was like an action hero movie with My heroes Arnold & Jesse" The Body" Ventura. Seeing this however made Me realize a lot of things. It's still such a great movie and it's sequels are too but more on them later.

NOTE #1: This gave Me an :idea: of another double feature, just wait an see :shock:

Note #2: Soon I will be posting a special Dark Horse Alien & Predator showcase along with other entries in My Odds & Ends soon that I was saving for a long while, really I've been saving it all year for Halloween :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:06 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions