Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:47 am

1986's Invaders from Mars has one of most biggest horror spooky alien soundtracks of all-time. It's so 80s that I love listening to it all the time for many reasons and it's perfect for the spooky season & Halloween. I have the special 2 disc set by horror masters Christopher Young & David Stoors that was released in the late 2000s, it's one of the rarest sets to ge tot. Don't let this one be skipped, you'll really regret if you because it's so darn fun :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:27 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:31 am

That was good.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:58 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:34 am

That was a good one.

Last year I did Danny Elfman's theme, now here Joseph LoDuca's Army of Darkness. He did the two previous Evil Dead films plus a ton more, he even did the 2002 MOTU Animated Series :o

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: I know personally know his college Jared DePasquale. He gave Me many of his great horror movie promos and I believe I'm the only in the world that has them. He retired in the mid 2000s but made a comeback recently but really has been stuck on YT, IMO he was more talented that Joe, he had a similar style and sound effects but dang I just found him so much more funner :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:20 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:01 am

Great tunes! Definitely puts me in the spirit of Halloween!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 am

Here's Ash's theme from Army of Darkness by Joseph LoDuca!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:42 am

I have to admit I just found this song today and I've found myself quite fond of it. It's a damn good video too with a bit of an homage to Thriller. I'm going to have to look into this band. The song is just over a year old. It's definitely getting added to the Halloween playlist.

Addendum: apparently they did Rhea Ripley's Demon in Your Dreams theme, which is interesting because Rhea and the lead singer kind of look similar, lol.

And in the pale moonlight, a debt to be paid
For one must suffer for all eternity
Nothing lasts forever, even guilty pleasures
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 am

That Motionless in White Werewolf was pretty & nifty :blbaf:

So here's the opening titles of the remake of Friday the 13th in 2009. It's by Steve Jablonsky whom is one of Hans Zimmer's guys and he's one of best of'em. I love his retro style and can really pay homage to the 80s. He's done a ton of great stuff like most of the Transformer movies. In 2010 he would do the score for the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Listen to how chilling this. Steve uses the iconic Jason theme that was originally made by horror master Harry Manfredini which I love it when a composer doesn't ignore his predecessor. This cue is haunting especially at 2:46 when with the eerie voices appear :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions