Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:18 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:11 am

That was a pretty good attempt on WCW but dang, Rick Steiner had no chemistry there with Chucky. I recall this like it was yesterday when they did thus and the hype for The Bride of Chucky in 1998, 25 years ago this year :o

Here's The next member of the Dungeon of Doom...The Zodiac :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:04 pm

Those were something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:58 am

Oh that was a great Luna Vachon promo. She was so good. I loved that Wrestlemania 9 when she debuted and attacked Sherri. 93 was such an important year in wrestling because this was the starting trend when backstage brawls, fights in the parking lots and extreme matches were happening and when ECW was getting it's first steps in hardcore action! I found Luna really hot when she returned with Goldust in 98.

Yes they were...here's the next member...The Shark :!: This one is great and listen to their laughs, this is actually part of their great theme :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:49 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:11 am

That was ok. I've spoke & posted of Ariel before and how much Liked her. She was like the tease of a bit of Attitude Era but then the PG stuff started and then over time she faded out because of changing times. She was like the last of'em. Like I said before, I saw an interview of her and she was said stuff like people actually know & remember Me and saying that she's old and I'm like dang, what a shame about this :roll: :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

So moving on to the next member of The Dungeon of Doom...it's Big Van Vader + a promo of his Road Kill Tour :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:23 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:44 am

I loved those early days of Mankind in 1996 when he'd face guys like Aldo Montoya, Sparky Plugg & Bart Gunn and do the Mandible Claw and make them foam at the mouth not to mention pulling his own hair out by the roots :o I don't know which is more amazing: His first feud was with The Undertaker or being interviewed by Jim Ross where Ross had to act like he didn't know he was Cactus Jack as both were together in WCW years prior :shock:

NOTE about The Shark, WCW made his get a Shark tattoo to cover up his Tiger tat, that wasn't a temporary tattoo, it was for real :o

The next Dungeon of Doom member is Meng (King Haku) :!: I couldn't find his actual introduction (maybe Acid could help like before) where he wore the big dragon helmet mask (he was originally by managed by Col. Robert Parker and had a huge feud with Sting) so instead I chose this match because it shows him wearing his rare face paint and yes it resembles the Ultimate Warrior's but it wasn't supposed too.

Next will be The Giant :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:33 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:55 am

That was an excellent Road Warriors/Legion of Doom squash match & promo and Animal's mask looked awesome. Too bad they didn't fight the Powers of Pain in the WWF...when LOD arrived in the WWF in 1990, POP had split up :roll:

OK, here we go, one of the ones I was waiting to post. I couldn't find the actual debut of the Giant but it's in a cool video package that I'll post later. This is one of My favorites of ever of all-time, it's really in My top 20 moments ever in wrestling and I watched this countless times after I recorded Clash of the Champions and I was like look at the size of all of these guys :o This happened after Bash at the Beach after the Dungeon of Doom betrayed Vader and Vader became a baby face :o Hulk Hogan FINDS the Dungeon of Doom's CAVE and this was the first time we saw The Giant and Hogan face to face and he rips his necklace off like Andre did and then Vader along with Jimmy Hart, Macho Man & Sting comes to the rescue after the rest of the DOD minus Meng and Vader faces The Giant which this IS THE ONLY time Vader was face to face with The Giant which I wanted that match so much. The ending is slightly cut off by WWE, The Giant says "He's the One TRUE Immortal" and laughs.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc