Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:30 pm

Heard good things about this one, never saw it...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:34 am

I never knew about Let the Right One in :?

I'm glad we're not doing duplicates from last year ;) Here's John Carpenter's Halloween III: Season of the Witch from 1982 which is no longer canon. I really liked the idea that since Carpenter killed off Michael Myers & Dr. Loomis in Halloween II, that every year there would be a new Halloween film with new stories kinda like an anthology and this was gonna last for a while but the plebeians weren't liking the idea and still wanted more Myers so Carpenter scrapped the idea and then brought Michael Myers back in 1988 with the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers 35 years ago this year :o So here's Halloween III's trailer, I love the title graphics, still some of the best :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:48 am

I've always disliked that movie, lol. I was just getting into horror movies around '87-'88 and I remember watching the fourth Halloween with my dad, and wanting to see the earlier ones. I want more stabby-stabs and this just wasn't it, lol. I suppose it's a fine movie, but I wanted Casper Shatner.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:53 pm

I LOVED Halloween III. I thought I'd hate it on a more recent (last year) viewing but I actually think I enjoyed it even more!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:55 am

See PB, that's what I was talking about, the crowd wanted Michael Myers and stuff like that. I never knew about There's Something Wrong with the Children. Its for this year so that's why.

Acid, it's always been good movie. There's been so many movies the people didn't like then, now their cult classics. Like I said before, if people would like the stuff in the first place, there would be no such thing as "cult classics" :blmm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:52 am

I caught part of it on an HBO free preview a while back. It looked decent, though it was over halfway through, so I didn;t watch it all.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:38 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:See PB, that's what I was talking about, the crowd wanted Michael Myers and stuff like that. I never knew about There's Something Wrong with the Children. Its for this year so that's why.

Acid, it's always been good movie. There's been so many movies the people didn't like then, now their cult classics. Like I said before, if people would like the stuff in the first place, there would be no such thing as "cult classics" :blmm:

Yeah I guess that's true but also tastes can change. You might like something in your childhood that you grow out of now or enjoy something now that you didn't consider interesting early on. I guess it really boils down to the sincerity or intent of the newfound interest. Also, I think that discovering a new experience that you find out was right under your nose from an era that you loved but somehow missed can be a rewarding experience in itself. Also a lot of people just didn't have access to a lot growing up or they could have come up in a different country altogether.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:02 am

ONS, welcome back after all of this time. I had replied to you when you talked about Heavy Metal months ago and which I thought you'd really like like that since you like women. If you saw what I have said I have no way of knowing because of no replies. Keep up with Me & PB, we're doing a lot here. I know people's taste change and all that, I've been there Myself but what is your take on the movie :?:

PB - I suggest you see the whole thing from beginning to end, its so darn good. Ah The Creature from the Black Lagoon, that was was before it's time too. I love how it has that prehistoric story. The other two are just as great :)

Friday the 13th Part 3 or Friday the 13th 3D is arguably My favorite of the whole franchise. I love the biker gang scenario in it and Jason looks really good. As I said before in your Movie Trailer Topic PB, 3D was coming back in the early 80s however I believe Parasite was first however.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:22 pm

3-5 are my favorites, though this one also was a very pleasant surprise...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:37 am

Oh yes, Jason X was a great one and one of the best. It was huge when McFarlane made the figure of Jason X during this time :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions