Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:51 am

Well, plenty of songs to keep you in the mood, lol.

But Christmas is coming...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:26 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Lol, I almost went with the Monster Squad rap first. An excellent choice.

A classic (both the movie and the songs) and the rap reminds me of Slick's/Twin Towers entrance theme. lol.

Regarding RE: Your Brains, I actually never heard this one before. This kind of music wouldn't normally be my jam but I think between the funny lyrics and the video which seems essential, it works for me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:33 pm

Ha, it's a pretty good song. I heard it long before I ever saw the video, and while the video is ok, the one I always imagined was better.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:34 pm

RE: John Carpenter and Halloween, oh yes I know about his music background. He's also a huge fan of new wave electronic music to this day and you can really see that he was a pioneer as the movie Halloween came out in the 70s, his synth-y tune was ahead of its time.

Recognize the voice in the beginning to this catchy modern throwback by New New Wave band Gunship? It's none other than the great John Carpenter! (And the video is pretty awesome, too)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:26 am

Yes Acid like he said, We put A TON of content here but take your time with it all, there is no need to rush :) I'm still in that mood too. I mean we still see pumpkins for Thanksgiving and on rare occasions with Christmas too so what the heck :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Yes, great stuff about John Carpenter and don't forget about his band The Coupe de Villes which i have mentioned before.

Gosh, I never knew them and that was great, I might give them another shot later on, thanks for sharing that one Acid ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:37 pm

'Cause they're back
Yes, they're back
Well, they're back
Yes, they're back
Well, they're baaaaack, baaaaack
Well, they're back in black
Yes, they're back in black

Now some Halloween songs are evergreen. So you might find some repeats from last year, because what would Halloween be without them?

So get down to some groovy sounds!

For now, I'm going to post some things we didn't get to last year...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:39 am

My Grandma loved Wolfman Jack!

To coincide with Poltergeist 2, here's this great score by Jerry Goldsmith who did the first one too ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:45 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 am

Here's the great soundtrack of Terror Train :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:26 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions