Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:28 pm

That was a surprising transformation, kind of like when Bradshaw became JBL.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:42 am

Yes it was and it was similar in a way. I had no clue about Ricky Starks then. He looked really wimpy there compared to Ryback but now after seeing what he can do in AEW and handle big guys I think he could give him a great match and perhaps even beat him! As for that time, I thought it was funny and awful because WWE ruined him with Cena, Punk, Maddox and the Crowd chanting Goldberg...Ryback should have been huge but he wasn't IMO :roll:

OK so here we go with Part 2. Now follow Me here, this is one of My most favorite moments ever in wrestling and is pure history and is really the most crucial date in wrestling because September 4th, 1995 marked the day that The Monday Night War started :!:

This is the first EVER WCW Monday Nitro! Here is great intro. Steve "Mongo" McMichael just joined the commentator spot. He was just in the WWF just months prior with the huge L.T. Laurence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow match at WM11. Even though I wasn't into football, I knew who Mongo was because of those cool WWF moments. Bobby Heenan meets him and get's a surprise! The first match ever on WCW Monday Nitro was Jushin Thinder Liger vs. "Flyin" Brian Pillman! Pillman was back as a singles wrestler and a babyface because Steven Austin was fired and on his way to ECW :o

After that here's Mean Gene has a tiny promo for himself & WCW then continuing of what I posted yesterday, Michael Wallstreet returns to WCW however their pretending like he's a new wrestler :o I was absolutely stunned when I saw this when it first happen on TNT, he was just with Ted Dibiase in his Million Dollar Corporation in the WWF :o This was big! Listen to what he says about "The New Generation" and especially about The I.R.S. :shock: Then Big Bubba Rogers is ready to face Hulk Hogan.

Now if that wasn't big enough, during the iconic match with Sting & "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair "The Total Package" Lex Luger returns and how apropos it was because they all had such huge history with each other years before this :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: This was shocking at the time because even though Wallstreet appeared, he wasn't seen on WWF programming for a while, the same wasn't for Luger because we just seen him at WWF SummerSlam 95 only a week prior when he interfered in the Diesel vs. King Mable World Title match which was Luger's last appearance ever in the WWF/WWE and forcing his Allied Powers team to breakup and making the British Bulldog turn heel :o Now during the Rogers & Hogan match, The Dungeon of Doom interfered then Luger came in and helped out. We then got the face to face with Luger & Hogan after fans like Me dreamed about for years & years not to mention that we got Luger (who is a WCW original) back with Sting in the same ring with Hogan & Macho Man...oh these were such great times and this would continue for a awhile as they would together face the Dungeon of Doom at Fall Brawl at War Games since Vader would get fired. :blbat:

I hope you liked that, I got more in store because this was all great about them and the Dungeon of Doom ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:08 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:00 am

That was some MJF & Cole. I miss the bad @$$ Cole :roll: Amazing how Paul Wight is now or has been for quite some time. When I post the Dungeon of Doom and that for Halloween time here, you'll see how different he was back when he first started out.

Before I continue with that however, "Stunning" Steve Austin doesn't care about Halloween tradition :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: :smsmh:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:38 am

He hates Halloween, no wonder he couldn't get over, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:49 am

:lol: :batsmh: :wwshock: :wwshock: :smlol:

OK, here's a double of Jesse "The Body" Ventura with Mean Gene Okerlund in the AWA & WWF :o Jesse was so great then, I liked him as much if not more than Hogan and seeing him in movies with Arnold was great too. Listen to what he says in both of'em ;)

So tomorrow is October 1st, let's start the spooky wrestling promos like you said about your topics PB, I got a lot in mind ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:37 pm

Yup yup

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:29 am

Oh that was something when Paul Bearer totally changed his look like that and with the hype of Kane, this was a such a cool time :blbat: :blww: :blsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:09 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:23 am

Just seeing that Flair promo made WCW look so good, they sometimes really had it over the WWF even during that time :)

OK, continuing from the Terrifying Promos topic, here's the commercial for the first ever WCW World War 3 :shock: Hogan & Macho Man are still in the darkside and their at their at Venice Beach California this time :o

As a bonus, here's this short match as The One Man Gang destroys Cobra :!:

Tomorrow will be WW3 including a great promo plus more ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc