Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:20 am

That was certainly something. Kind of dated like that Don Cherry rap, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:09 am

It maybe outdated yes, PN News was a 400 pounder that was a good old fashion rapper. He wasn't the best at rapping nor wrestling but he was fun to watch. When I think of Johnny B. Badd, I think of him because they both debuted in 1991 in WCW, other than that they have nothing to do with each other.

Ah, the Beautiful People, I was meanin' to do them but just didn't get around to'em yet. They were so good, their like My favorite women of all of TNA. While WWE was forced to do the PG stuff TNA was trying to be bolder. Angelina Love is My fav of the group. Here's the Dollhouse, I liked them too. By this time in 2015 however the revealing women stuff was fading out and especially now like GiGi Dolin for example it would be like yeah so what or teenage boys & men alike just wouldn't care :roll: Taryn Terrell was very good in the ring and on the mic. She was quite talented IMO. I loved her feud with The Beautiful People & Gail Kim. I don't know if you know this but she was trained by Dusty Rhodes, Steve "Skinner" Keirn & Tom Prichard and she was married to Drew McEntyre :o Also I feel she retired way too soon but maybe she'd pull off a Trish Stratus cause she's arguably even better now then she was in her prime though if you listen to Tony Khan and how he thinks, she is still way into her prime :wwwink: Now the other two Marti Bell & Mia Yim both went to WWE. Bell didn't last long and Yim was on & off and now she's with AJ Styles & The Good Brothers as "Michin" which means crazy in Korean! Oh and the fourth member was Rebel who is currently in AEW. Here's this Dollhouse promo :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:50 pm

See I was more Team Velvet Skye. Marti Belle tag teams in the NWA these days.

This was on Wednesday, lol...

MLWMJF

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:27 am

Oh Velvet is great, I just like Angelina's expressions and personalty more.

OK, I just replied about your first MJF in the AEW topic so check that out :) That back to school MJF was something else :shock:

Here's this one with "Sister" Sherri Martel when she was with Harlem Heat in WCW. It was quite exciting during this time in 1995. She is really great here and really classy hot. In fact this is arguably My fav interview with her which there was many of'em. She just looks so good and I've always liked how feisty she was and I spoke or expressions, she really has good ones, for Me, expressions has always been a key factor about women :batwink: Oh and she really took the bumps too, way more than she in the WWF especially when she was with Flair against Hogan :wwshock: Now Harlem Heat was always good on the mic. Despite that they debuted in 93 two years prior, they were quite established as a top team :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:00 am

That was a good Shark Boy...here's this 2008 one 15 years ago this year :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:39 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:46 am

Oh the Islanders was great. they were big babyfaces for a while till they became part of the Heenan family. Haku was was great, he had some good momnets in WWF WCW and even reinvedted himslef in Japan for the Bullet Club!
That was The Tonga Kid/Tama/Sam Fatu who was Roddy Piper's partner in the movie Body Slam!He is also Rikishi Fatu twin brother :o

Here's two of'em for today which this is just a hint of Halloween as it's on way :blbat: I love how chaotic and funny these are :? :lol: NOTES: I love how "The Wizard" King Curtis Iaukea talks. Look at the scars he has on his head, he was quite hardcore :batwink: He played Kevin Sullivan's Father as "The Master" in the Dungeon of Doom. I look to post a lot them for the spooky month :blsm:

First here's "The Wizard" King Curtis Iaukea with Kamala & Kim Chee.

Here's this one with "The Wizard" King Curtis Iaukea with Kamala & Kim Chee along "Wild Samoan" Sika. Sika is Tama's Uncle and Roman Reigns' Father :o

Tomorrow I might have a special WCW event ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:07 am

Kamala was something. I don't think you could portray a character like that these days. I surprised the WWE got away with Eugene for so long.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:19 am

Yes he was, I always liked him. Yes, I don't think so :o

Lucha Underground was so cool, that was a really good Prince "Ricochet" Puma and Alberto Del Rio!

OK, yesterday I said about a special WCW event. It's gonna be in 2 parts :)

First here 's Mike Rotunda becoming Michael Wallstreet in 1990. The woman he's with is Alexandra York. She is actually Terrie "Marlena" Runnles...Dustin Rhodes wife and she would soon have her great York Foundation :o

OK, fast forward to 1994, Wallstreet has been in the WWF since 1991 and he was so good.

So tomorrow you'll see where I'm going with this and it just won't be about Wallstreet :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc