Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:48 am

She looked great and her rocker theme was good, but as a character, it's been done before and was pretty generic. I think this is much more unique. The chin up, tits out line was funny, and the shoe throwing tops it off. I can't rea;;y recall anything similar.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:26 am

Oh yeah I agree with that. It's amazing how Deonna has been around for a long time and really hasn't gotten where she should have working her booty off in the Indies, original ROH and in WWE. Now she has to do this promo vignette in Impact to hype her up while Toni Storm has done way more at such a young age and way sooner too. Amazing how that goes.

This the time when Rey Mysterio lost his mask in 99 in WCW and is the era that WWE wants you to forget since he arrived after the demise of WCW and wants never wants the kids to see nor know it ever happen :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:15 pm

I've sadly never been a fan of Rey Mysterio. I find his 619 to be one of the more contrived and silly moves. He's perfect for WWE's though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:38 am

Amazing about that :shock: I still think it is something else that that happen :o Oh that was a cool time when TMD was feuding with Dusty in 90. It was cool that Dustin got in on it too which I posted about that on (Fathers Day) and this was the start of the time for Virgil really, you can tell he was getting really fed up here.

To counter act this, here's when The Million Dollar Championship came to be :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:03 pm

He was such a good bad guy. My favorite was when he'd bring someone in the ring and pay them to do something, lol.

But I never knew about this....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:53 am

Oh yes, I was going to post that one with the little boy but I chose the Dusty one instead but that's good that you did ;) That was always one that was like :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: TMD recently reacted that with Cameron Grimes & LA Knight in NXT when he returned for that small stint.

Oh really, you didn't know about the RVD & MDM one :?: Well that's good that you didn't because it adds more surprises ;) I got one more RVD you may not know, I've been meaning to spotlight it big & proper but just haven't had the time, maybe soon :)

OK, so here's these two promos by Hogan in 2000 in WCW when he returned with the red & yellow. These are without a shadow of a doubt two of his best promos ever :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:53 pm

Can't say I was really watching WCW at that point.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:30 am

That was something with "Playboy" Buddy Rose and the Sheepherders and the Coalminer's glove then Rick Martel interferes, that was great and really that was a good interview promo there :)

Well surely you watched the last days of WCW right? When I posted about 9/11 last week I had mentioned how so many things had changed and were quite dire. I talk about the demise of WCW a lot because it was the darkest day in wrestling ever or at least it was for a major fan that watch it all like Me.

Here's Vinnie Mac's infamous "I own WCW" promo and he really "likes" things in his hands hence why he gave the ideas to Waylon Mercy's "Lives are gonna be in his hands" and Bray Wyatt's "Got the Whole World in his hands" catchphrases.

So the other day I showed when Sting had one of his first big encounters with Ric Flair and becoming a Horsemen. Here's is Sting's FINAL WCW promo EVER!

It was so apropos that Sting fought Ric Flair in the last match ever in WCW. I recall this like it was last week, it was truly depressing for a big wrestling fan yet truly remarkable at the same time.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:31 am

I watched the last episode. To be honest, the whole New Blood vs the Millionaire's Club didn't really interest me since it involved guys I was kind of tired of vs younger guys I wasn't really into, mostly. And things like the infamous Hogan/Jarrett match just turned me off the product even more.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:32 am

I see, well at least you saw the final one ;) Johnny B. Badd was quite good. That was in 1993, 30 years ago this year :shock: Here's PN News from 1991, not a promo but for now it was the only one I could find of him ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc