Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:50 pm

I saw a tweet from Duggan's wife last night on his twitter saying he was taken to the hospital. I'm glad it seems like he's going to be ok. I like old promos like this. It's great to see some legends before WWF made them kid friendly caricatures.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:01 am

I see. Yes, I'm glad he is fine. Oh yes, some of the best promos in the 80s were outside of the WWF. That promo pf Piper & Rich was so chaotic, it's like what the heck is going on there :o Amazing to see Orndorff & Snuka then in 79 as tag champs, that was cool PB :)

Here's this crazy promo of the Road Warriors, "Pistol" Pez Whatley, a very young Jim Ross and The Junk Yard Dog... this is "The Fight of the Dogs", September 11th, 1983...that's 40 years ago this year on THIS VERY DAY :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:17 am

JYD had such a unique voice. It's a shame he couldn't get clean.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:22 am

Yeah it is :roll:

Amazing how huge The Big Boss Man & Akeem were, that's one of the reasons why I got into wrestling. Wow, what a coincidence about that whole feud and everything they said :o I've said it before, My jerk cousin Brian was a cop and a firefighter, We also said long ago he was like the Big Boss Man but really he looked like Akeem face wise with a mixture of Charlie Sheen in the Arrival in looks & attitude . So enough about that. Here's this. This was 1989 & 1990, two great years in wrestling. This is when Sting was becoming a huge star and the true beginnings of the iconic legacy of Sting & Ric Flair that we know today ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:00 am

I think Sting has gotten better over the years at promos. I knew of him because of magazines, but I never saw him wrestle as the surfer back then. I'm really hoping AEW comes around here again soon so I might get one last chance to see him live, even if it's just at ringside. Was so bummed he wasn't at the show here last year.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:00 am

Oh Sting was always good on the mic and was always a good but I do find it amazing how much he's done since his TNA days and especially in recent times in AEW. I hope he does show up in your area PB ;)

That was really cool there about the Aces & Eights, that was a very cool time.

So today is September 13th, that means it's the 30th Anniversary of Mortal Monday, the release of Mortal Kombat in 1993 on video game consoles. I just posted specials about this in multiple topics so check go check it all out ;)

So here's WCW's answer to Mortal Kombat in 96 & 97...I really liked Blood Runs Cold & Glacier!!!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:00 pm

I think one of the mistakes they made with Glacier is having him talk. Those characters should've been men of few words IMO. There he just comes off a sa wrestler when I think he should've had more of a mystique like Taker had.

One of the best things going in AEW his Christian Cage heel promos. He's just got the smarmy, dick, coward heel act down pat. It's amazing to watch him parade around as the TNT Champion even though Luchasaurus is the actually champ.

I couldn't find one of my favorites, but he came out onto the ramp in North Carolina a while ago, looked around the crowd, and commented that he'd never been to a family reunion this large before. I just about lost it, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:14 am

Yes, he should have been silents and Blood Runs Cold could have been so much more however the nWo just overshadowed it :roll: Now one thing I liked about Glacier was the story about his helmet and how it was his fathers and that it's over 200 years old and so on. I thought that was clever.

Yes, Christian is great on the mic, he has greatly improved over the years and it really a good heel.

Here's Powerhouse Hobbs.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:33 pm

I like Hobbs. I wish they''d figure out what to do with him, He really should be more prominent on the card. Hopefulluy having Collision helps.

Speaking of AEW, Toni Storm's current crazy starlet thing is working. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's getting over and the backstage interviews are really funny, especially the shoe!

Hell, she has a shirt out now!

She's always looked like a million bucks, but if you get fans laughing and have a personality that gets over, well, Tony Khan might have something here finally. If he chooses to actually give the women's division time on tv.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:53 am

That new Toni Storm gimmick is ok, that shirt is cool. I prefer her rocker gimmick more but all wrestlers must go thru a change, adapt and evolve and she's doing this well and I'm glad people are ling cause I hate seeing a wrestler fail because of a gimmick whether it's good on not. Here's these that she did prior to those that you posted PB :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc