Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:57 am

It's a shame AJ has kind of been forgotten the last few years. He deserves better. I guess the money is good, though. I'd love to see him in AEW before he retires.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:34 am

Amazing how Mox was then in the first promo before AEW was really AEW and then how he's champ. I said to My Grandma during those early days about I think he's a mixture of Roddy Piper & Stone Cold Steve Austin and she's like yeah he is.

To counteract your AEW post here's Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. along with Rebel (to bad she got toned down for TV, she was something else on the Indies( with Tony Schiavione doing the interview :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:00 am

I always said Moxley could've been like SCSA but Vince had has favorites and it would've never worked in the PG era. I think he's top 5 currently in mic work. He can cut a great heel or face promo. I just wish he wouldn't bleed in 90% of his matches in AEW, lol.

This was a great promo this past week from Orange Cassidy. I couldn't find a shorter version, so you can skip to the 6:15 mark if you want to skip the end of the match.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:16 am

Oh indeed about that but if he's got thin skin he can't help it. That was a pretty good Orange Cassidy there :)

Here's Jade Cargill in an early promo :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:55 pm

I hope Jade comes back son. She was getting incrementally better every week.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:17 am

Yeah, she's one of the most incredibly gifted female wrestlers, not only in looks but on the mic and in the ring, a total package really.

Wendi Richter was great, she THE ONE that made women's wrestling get on the map in 80s not only with the Rock n' Wrestling Connection but also making it known that The Fabulous Moolah isn't the only one and that it's time for somebody else. Wendi was truly the first trailblazer of women's wrestling!

So I just found out that WWF/WWE Legend General Adnan has just passed away a day after his 84th Birthday, yet another great one has left the world :roll:

General Adnan RIP 1.jpg

General Adnan RIP 2.jpg

Now he has had some history, much you really never see nor hear anybody talking about. He was really from Iraq and he personally knew Saddam Hussein. They were in high school together & roommates, best friends, political partners and comrades in the Iraqi Army. No joke. His gimmicks in wrestling WERE NOT gimmicks, they were based on his own real life :o After he semiretired from wrestling he managed Kokina Maximus, the then huge 400 plus pound future WWF Champion Yokozuna in the AWA then would continue his ways within the Triangle of Terror in the WWF He lives on thru WWE history on Peacock and also within WWE 2K16 as a playable character along with Slaughter & Mustafa :)

General Adnan RIP 3.jpg

Here's some great videos of General Adnan Shiek Al-Kaissei :)

Here he is as Sheik Adnan Al Kaissey in the AWA in the year I was born of 1981! Here you can hear he speaks VERY GOOD English :)

In 1988, 35 years ago this ago here he is joining forces with The Iron Sheik :!:

Now in a special match, Adnan is managing his new Samoan monster Kokina Maximus who would later later become the mighty Yokozuna :o He faces a very young JERRY LYNN. At the end of the bout there's a good PROMO :)

So now we're in 1990, this is when I realized about real life war. Sgt. Slaughter is a huge heel now. He's on the Brother Love Show right after SummerSlam 90 when he returned and betrayed America. This is when he introduced his General Adnan :!:

So now Slaughter is going for The Ultimate Warrior's championship at the Royal Rumble 91 :!:

Thanks to Adnan (& The Macho King), Slaughter is now champ :o

So Adnan reunited with The Iron Sheik Colonel Musfafa and their playing NES' WWF Wrestlemania Challenge

Now since Sgt. Slaughter wants his country back, The Diad of the former Triangle of Terror is on WWF Prime Time Wrestling in front of a live studio audience when things were really cool in 1991

Here is Adnan & Mustafa in one of their last appearances together on TV :roll:

May General Adnan Kaissie rest in peace :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:10 am

I saw the news yesterday. RIP.

A young Yokozuna vs a young Jerry Lynn, that's cool!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:50 am

Yes :roll: Yep, that was very cool indeed. Two of the best ever in wrestling :) Oh I recall that 6 man tag with the big men & midgets. Hillbilly Jim was quite good. I loved it when King Kong Bundy squashed his little partners at WM3 :o

So ever wonder what it would be like if a baseball player wrestled wrestled in a ring :? Well remember when I was doing the SummerSlam stuff, there was MVP, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz in that WWF softball game :?: Well here here he is. This is actually Steve Lombardi the Brooklyn Brawler. He was a true talent and had many personas. He actually debuted in 93, 30 years ago this year which more on that at a later time. Then in 94 when MLB went on Strike WWF made a big deal about it. In this video you see a cool vignette & promo of him batting then he wrestles in a short match with a promo too. Gorilla Monsoon & The Million Dollar Man are on commentary. Watch his baseball-slides & baseball moves :)

Now fast forward to the late 2000s, Lombardi came back briefly as Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz for this short promo and flashback classic match. Again, watch for his cool Baseball movies & references and also what listen what Vinnie Mac & Jerry "The King" Lawler says too ;) Oh and Lombardi actually used an inverted DDT, this predated Sting's Scorpion Death Drop by at least two years and what a coincidence, their both in black & white :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:44 pm

That was terroble gimmick, lol. Those were some of the reasons WCW gained traction on the WWF in the 90s. Terrible, kid friendlt gimmicks.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:39 am

I beg the differ, I still find it quite fun :)

Hacksaw Jim Duggan 1.jpg

Thank goodness "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is OK :) Here's this promo of his :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc