Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:29 am

Yeah, hard to believe he's gone. My friend texted me in the evening that he had passed, and then AEW had a graphic up at the start of their show. Won't be another like him, that's for sure.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:17 am

This one is really tough for me. Huge fan of Terry Funk. Just recently watched Over the Top again and a few of his matches in All Japan teaming with his brother against Abby and the Sheik and one with him and Dory Jr wrestling each other. Really caught me off guard. He was and always will be a huge legend. Gonna be missed for sure.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:30 am

That was a hard one but we saw it coming. But this, this left my speechless last night...

I can't believe what an awful week this has been. First Rick Jeanneret, then Terry Funk, and now Bray Wyatt is gone.

I was fortunate enough to see him at a couple WWE house shows. His entrance with all the lights off and everyone's cellphone lights on was something to behold. There wasn't much that could get me to tune into the WWE the last decade or so, but the Wyatt Family, Wyatt and Broken Matt, and the Firefly Funhouse were things that always caught my attention. It's sad such a creative mind is gone way too soon. I found this picture in my one drive, it's a crummy image, but it was one such moment from a WWE house show I took my kids to.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:43 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:20 am

OK I'm back from My Heatwave, that's all I'm saying about that :x I can't believe that now Bray Wyatt is gone :( I have said about how much I liked him many times before about how he was originally going to be like Dan Spivey's character Waylon Mercy, the connection between them and the Cape Fear Max character played by Robert Mitchum and how I prefer it that he'd stay away from the cult & demonic stuff also about Bray's real name being Windham and how big of a fan I am all about his family of Rotunda, Windham & Mulligan before. You posted a lot there PB including the late great Bob Barker & Y2J, you did your part good so here's a little I made :)

Bray Wyatt RIP 1.jpg

Bray Wyatt RIP 2.jpg

Now I've said it before about how Bray's Uncle Howdy looked like his real life uncle whom he's named after...Barry Windham! He was played by Bo Dallas, his real life brother! Here's a picture of them two together with their real life father Michael "I.R.S. - V.K. Wallstreet" Rotunda and also his wife JoJo Offerman, the former WWE ring announcer and second wife.

Bray Wyatt RIP 3.jpg

Now here's two clips that nobody ever talks about...he actually encountered Hulk Hogan more than once :!:

This was Bray's LAST MATCH EVER :o

He said this just 5 hours before he past away...Barry Windham almost died this week too :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

So I was going to do this but since this vid had most of it I'd show this. Now this is all mostly Bray Wyatt & Terry Funk :roll:

May Windham Rotunda rest in peace :(

I'll do a special Dan Spivey & Waylon Mercy connection to Bray Wyatt tomorrow, be ready for that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:32 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:42 am

Kamille is is really something else. I thought Tony Khan would snag her up like he did with Thunder Rosa. Imagine if she fought Jade Cargill :shock: Also to think that she was girlfriend to Braun Strowman :o

OK, as I said yesterday I was going to do it and so here it is. "Dangerous" Dan Spivey was part of the Skyscraper team in WCW with Sid Viscous & Teddy Long :!:

When Sid got hurt "Mean" Mark (soon to be The Undertaker) Callous was his replacement with Teddy Long as their manager!

After both big men went to the WWF, Spivey was on his own in WCW and in Japan. Here's this really great yet quite chaotic promo from him in 91!

Now here's one from 92. Jesse Venture is the interviewer from during his tenure in WCW. Notice Spivey talks about Barry Windham....Barry Windham actually TRAINED Dan Spivey so keep that mind :o He was also co-trained by Dusty Rhodes & Rick Martel as well.

Now we're in 1995 in some really fun times in the WWF, there's been vignettes & promos of Waylon Mercy during the hot Summer. It's like that's Dan Spivey :o He changed a lot and has a southern country accent now with tattoos. Oh I just loved him here, I loved how he acted and how different he was. This is My favorite vignette of his Waylon Mercy gimmick and I have always liked how he finishes them off with "Ya Know What I Mean?" :)

So after many exciting weeks he finally debuted against a VERY young, unestablished Jeff Hardy :o Notice how he's dressed, just like Bray Wyatt was in his original days :shock: I loved Mercy's expressions, mannerisms, conning, his expressions especially at the climax when he defeats Hardy. He's like the Max character in the great Cape Fear movies...that was so cool & radical. He was almost a pre-Stone Cold Steve Austin type precursor cause keep in mind what I said before, SCSA's character was actually based on a real life serial killer :o You may notice Spivey looks a bit shorter & kinda out of shape. This is due to him leaning off of the steroids. He was in court with Vinnie Mac a while before along with Rick Martel, Hogan & The Warrior plus others. Oh and listen to what Jerry Lawler says about THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY OF STAR WARS :batshock:

Now the thing is he didn't last very long in the WWF, only a few months due to injuries caused from the steroids. He retired soon after this. It was a shame that he left so premature because he was arguably My fav out all of the newcomers that year and I always looked forward to seeing him. He was getting kinda bad, not as bad as Superstar Billy Grahmam but still wasn't in great shape. When he lost to Savio Vega & Diesel that was pretty much it :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So here's part 1 of the recent interview of Dan Spivey who looks and sounds way different than what you just saw. Listen to what he says about Rotunda, Barry Windham & Bray Wyatt...this is THE thing I've been talking about :)

In Part 2, Hannibal stands next to him whom is big & tall, Spivey still has some height & size to himself still. Listen to what they say here about him managing Bray Wyatt and some other stuff and I love this that he finishes the interview as Waylon Mercy and saying the infamous phrase..."Ya Know What I Mean?" :)

So there's that, I hope you liked it ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:33 am

Wow, I've never seen Jeff Hardy look like that. I didn't know he had appeared in WWE that long ago. Dan Spivey was a big man. I always wondered why he didn't make it big in the WWF. My best thought is he looked a lot like Hogan. Then I saw the Adrian Adonis Darkside of the Ring episode and that shed some light on some happenings.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:09 am

Yeah, I also showed Matt Hardy awhile back when I showed Austin. Both were in the WWF as single competitors in 95. Watching old wrestling like that you'd really be surprised who was where and what they looked like :)

I recall that clip very well. That was a cool one of Damian Sandow, I really liked him back then in 2012 & 2013, he & Tensai were My favs of the new guys then. Amazing how DX was all together there.

Spivey did wear a lot of yellow back in the 80s. There's one more connection of Mercy & Wyatt....Mercy said "Lives are gonna be in his Hands....Wyatt says "He's got the whole World in his Hands:!

OK, one more more that will conclude the family. Here's a cool one of Bray's father Mike Rotunda & uncle Barry Windham in the WWF in 1985 when they were The American Express and they were the first ones to use Hogan's iconic theme,,,not Hogan plus this was right before the very first Wrestlemania :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc