Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:39 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:58 am

Sami Callahan really became something else, far from his hacker gimmick in NXT.

OK, you've seen how Hogan was in his very early days, well here's two of'em The Macho Man long before his WWF days :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:53 am

Nobody had mannerisms like the Macho Man. He was truly unique.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:00 am

Its amazing how Seth Rollins was back then in ROH. They were basically how SMW, USWA, & ECW was back in the day, they'd sharped up the talent and then WWE would get'em.

Yep, IMO there is no star today, 2010s or even in 2000s that could rival him in so many ways. I really loved Macho Man.

Here's this. POFFOMANIA! In this rare time we see Macho Man has already developed to how we know him in the WWF & WCW plus Lanny Poffo too and LOOK, their father Angelo Poffo is with them :o :

Here's a continuation and then the Rock N' Express looking very cool yet quite different :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:56 am

Yep, I'll always be bitter we never got a Macho Man Hall of Fame speech. That would've been one I tuned in to watch.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:46 am

It's about tie one of does the Joker Sting but gosh, he's still a bit like Jim Cary's Riddler to Me :shock: Amazing how Bischoff is there too not to mention his past with Sting for over a decade in WCW :!:

Yeah, it's a shame but dang, he couldn't help it :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:31 am

Oh, I don't blame Savage. I blame other people that waited too long.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:22 am

OK, yeah, there's been so many things that has been done much later than what they should be :roll:

Those were good times in TNA, IMO some of the best in the company and in wrestling in general. My Grandma really liked Mr. Anderson, she thought he was hilarious especially with his entrance :wwwink: Shame about Matt Morgan, every time I see him I think of how the days of the big & tall men in wrestling were basically gone and didn't matter anymore like yeah he's tall, so what :smsmh: Really that started with him in WWE :batsmh: I thought the heel Jeff Hardy was quite exciting. Easy E again was really good :)

I really like Immortal and all that but I loved the Aces & Eights, I really liked that mystery they had going there for a while and they were TNA's answer to The Sons of Anarchy :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:47 pm

I liked Aces & 8s as well, but like most things in wrestling, they dragged it out too long.

RIP to a legend

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:55 am

Really I couldn't get enough of them however I would have liked their identities of an unknown for longer however.

My goodness, I didn't know it till you just said it PB :o I didn't see the headline on Bing, I had to look for it :roll:

Terry Funk RIP 1.jpg

All of this talk we've had about him throughout the topics and now he's gone :shock: He was about the same age as Superstar Billy Grahman, I can't believe that another legend has left this world :( He was truly in the top ten of hardcore icons. I remember it like it was yesterday how exciting it was for Me as a youngster seeing him for the first time. My Grandpa really liked him. He told Me how obscure it was that he is from Amarillo Texas because it's a smaller place that you never hear about and he had been there in his early days. The promo in ECW you posted was great and in fact I think he had a great time there. I loved Funk's WCW Tag Match with The Great Muta vs. Ric Flair & Sting in the Thunderdome at the very first Halloween Havoc 89 :)

Here is WWE's tribute to him which is quite good.

Here's some various stuff of The Funkster :) His time in WCW was quite good in 89!

Terry Funk talking about the Thunderdome for Halloween Havoc 89!

It's really strange, I just watched WCW Slamboree 95 the other day on Peacock as I love to watch how old school WCW & WWF were back then and keeping up with event after event in chronological order. This is the event where WCW held their Hall of Fame every year and this was one was great. Even though WWF did great Hall of Fames back then, I really prefered WCW's method because THEY HAD IT RIGHT THERE AT THE EVENT plus it was only about 15 minutes or so. One of the inductees was none other than Terry Funk despite he was still wrestling in ECW & Japan at the time. I just find this really weird :? Now I couldn't find any clips of it on YT which is a shame but there was a cool commercial however and it's actually the intro of the event itself :)

The debut of Chainsaw Charlie in the WWF was so fun in 97!

Terry Funk vs. Vampiro in WCW in 2000 with PROMOS INCLUDED!

Well I think that will do him good, may Terry Funk rest in peace :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc