Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

RIP Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

RIP Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:15 pm

Well, this just sucks..

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Paul Reubens, the actor and comedian whose character Pee-wee Herman became a cultural phenomenon through films and TV shows, has died.

Reubens died Sunday night after a six-year struggle with cancer that he did not make public, his publicist said in a statement.

“Please accept my apology for not going public with what I’ve been facing the last six years,” Reubens said in a statement released with the announcement of his death. “I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure with my kids not even two weeks ago. That movie and Pee Wee's Playhouse were such a huge part of childhood. RIP to a legend.

I'll share more later as I'm about to head out the door.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: RIP Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:54 pm

Man, this one really sucks. Saturday Morning Carttons came and went, but for the best years of my childhood it was Pee Wee's Playhouse and Muppet Babies that I always looked most forward to.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:50 pm

I saw it on Bing on a little while ago and I was like oh no, I bet PB is really sad because Pee-wee is one of his favorites :roll:

Pee-wee Herman 1.jpg

Pee-wee Herman 2.jpg

Pee-wee Herman 3.jpg

First before I do anything I think Pee-wee Herman should be TRIBUTED AT THE HEADER ON TOP OF THE HOME PAGE...Acid, how about it?

That was a ton of great stuff there PB that you posted, all of that was so good. Here's My tribute to him :)

Whenever I think of movies especially iconic films I always think of the music FIRST because it makes the characters, scenes & action better and the films overall more fun especially when you listen to the music first, know it and then hear it in the movie when you watch it...there's no other feeling like it ;) ! Here's two Pee-wee cues by Danny's Elfman, capture him an dthe overall nature of the films perfectly. Close your eyes and envision Pee-wee here when you listen to it. Oh and Pee-Wee's Big Top Pee-wee is having it's 35th anniversary this year :)

Pee-wee's Commercials - I know you posted at least one of these before PB ;)

Pee-wee in WWE, I'm sure you tuned in just for these moments back then PB!

Here he is LIVE at the SDCC in 2019 :!: It's an hour long but any big Pee-wee fan will not hesitate to watch it!

Pee-wee's last video :roll:

May Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens rest in Peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:38 am

Those were great moments on Raw. I was so glad he made a comeback in recent years because even as a kid I thought the whole thing with him getting arrested was dumb. I get it, it's a kids show, but at the same time, what people do outside of work is none of my business and it's not like he's the only person to ever whip it out in an adult theater. Even then it seemed more like something to joke about than "OMG what an abnormal pervert".

It's impossible to not think of him whenever you hear Tequila, that's the whole reason we decided to watch PWBA a few weeks ago after we heard that song at a baseball game.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:50 am

Oh I know how it is when stuff makes you think and triggers your mind and you have an urge to do it, watch it, and do whatever..I've been there more times I can count. That is a totally great scene PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:27 pm

Yeah, it was absolutely shocking when I saw that he had passed away. I had no idea that he was ill, he hid it well. He was a huge part of my childhood as well and he'll definitely be missed.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:53 am

He did indeed. He was one of the biggest icons of the 80s. Even though kids and youngsters watch him now through their parents & guardians, it isn't the same as to when we were kids when it was fresh and ongoing and seemed really special. I just hope today's kids & generation are liking him as much as their elders do and that just doesn't go for him, that goes for countless other classic personalities, wrestling, TV shows and everything else of the 80s & 90s from those eras. I mean like I said before, Hulk Hogan is really disappearing from time now thanks to crap and I've only seen a handful of people & kids wear Hogan shirts and stuff which years from now it doesn't look good and so could you imagine a world where Pee-wee Herman is fading out where today's generation or their kids and/or Grand-kids say WHO is Pee-wee Herman :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: You can't let anything of the kind happen :!:

OK, so out of all of this Pee-wee stuff that we posted, there was one key role that was never said about. I didn't post it in My Batman Returns Spotlight in PB's Movie Trailer topic cause there was so much to talk about and I thought it was going to be mentioned a bit after that but it wasn't and I'm like well I'll just do it sometime later. So Paul Reubens played a very brief but very important role...what was it :?: He was the Penguin's Father :batshock: His Mother is played by Diane Salinger whom is known for weird & crazy roles & performances as well. I have always loved Batman Returns, I have expressed that before especially just recently in My Playing Card Game Showcase in My Odds & Ends so the beginning of the film was great and a very crucial part of it because it shows you the point of the film and what was so important to The Penguin before he green-lit his diabolical master-plan. Also, like Invasion USA, I consider this a Christmas movie nobody talks about. So here's Paul 'Pee-wee Herman' Reubens as The Penguins's Daddy in 1992's Batman Returns :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am

He reprised that role on the TV Series Gotham.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:47 am

Actually I didn't know that Acid. I didn't get for into that series. It looked cool and all that but it was yet another reboot which is a turn off for Me but I do make exceptions. That's cool that Paul Reubens did that however :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to General Discussions