Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:00 am

That was a good RVD promo, I sure miss his Mr. Monday Night days :roll:

Here's this for SummerSlam 92. I might do more of it next time.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:32 pm

I really can't wait to see what AEW looks like at Wembley. Should be a spectacle.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:41 am

Oh those ECW days were so darn good. I miss them arguably the most of all. Taz was great one in the ring as well on the mic, he's still good now. I'll elaborate more on him and what & who he was talking about in time :)

Oh I'm sure it will be no doubt about it however IMO it will have to really step up if it wants to defeat WWF SummerSlam 92 when it was at Wembley Stadium. It was like the first major wrestling PPV ever that was in England and those fans were so darn excited about it. As odd as this SummerSlam was IMO it's still one of the most exciting ones out of it's entire 35 year history and is still arguably My favorite of all :o WWE tried to make a huge event last called Clash at the Castle which celebrated the 30th anniversary of WWF/WWE going to England. While it was exciting, it didn't even come close to being as epic as this on IMO. In fact Very few events from WWF/WWE, WCW, ECW or any federation has never had an event as grand as SummerSlam 92.

No promos but here are these from SummerSlam 92.

"HBK" Shawn Michaels vs. "The Model" Rick Martel - heel vs. heel! This was so cool and I loved how Sherri was here.

Warrior for The Macho Man's World Title! I still recall when I showed My Grandpa PoPo the back of My WWF Magazine with the cool event Promo Poster on it. He couldn't believe that they were fighting each other again and the Magazine revealed it before they talked about it on WWF Prime Time Wrestling or any WWF Programming :o Watch Flair & Perfect here!

SummerSlam 92 in 60 seconds! LOD had such a great entrance...NAILZ vs. Virgil! Kamala vs. The Undertaker, Crush vs. Repo Man (Smash of Demolition!), look at Piper! The British Bulldog vs. Bret Hart was THE MAIN EVENT FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE :!:

Tonight is WWE SummerSlam 2023 on Peacock, this is celebrating 35 years of SummerSlam and their back in Detroit which they were there in 1993, that's 30 years ago this year :shock: I'll do 93 soon. Look for My big SummerSlam 2023 PLE Write up sometime today ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:17 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:07 am

That was a great promo by Bubba :o Dang I miss those times in ECW. WWF was always the one of course then it was like no WCW was the best but then it was like no, ECW is the one to watch, they got the big names, the new guys, the women, the hardcore action & language I mean it was so exciting from the early days to it's last.

OK Listen up, a lot of what I wanted to show of SummerSlam 93 isn't on YouTube but one of My favorites is here with the SummerSlam 93 Spectacular. This sisn't complet, the promo with Ludvig Borga, Giant Gonzales & the UNdertaker & Paul Bearer isn't here. It starts out with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan against Yokozuna. If you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to 13:37, you'll see Yoko destroys & flattens Duggan that finalized their feud. I always love it when Howard Finkel says "The World Wrestling Federation Champion...Yokozuna. Right after IS THE PROMO with Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji and JIM CORNETTE :!: This is one of My favorite promos of Jim Cornette and in fact I believe this is one of his top promos of all-time :!: Now if you keep playing it you'll see JIM ROSS in his prime before he got sick with Gorilla Monsoon. If you like this older WWF wrestling then you should stick around because if you like Razor Ramon then you'll see when he TURNED babyface against Money Inc. on one of the very first Monday Night Raws ever which this caused THE Razor Ramon to be the way we all know him to be. He faces Blake Beverly in one of his last matches ever in the WWF. At the end they show a promo for SummerSlam 93 how Yoko destroyed Hulk Hogan and how the fans hope Lex Luger will beat him :!: I love this great classic WWF wrestling which 93 was a crucial year in WWF wrestling, without that a lot of things wouldn't have happen the the way they did later on :)

Now as a special bonus here's SummerSlam 93 in. 60 seconds. I did a tiny special of this in My SummerSlam 2023 PLE spotlight so check that out. Tonights' SummerSlam returns where 93 was in Detroit, 30 years in the making. However like so many events no matter how good they make'em, they don't match the classic feel of the ones in the 80s & 90s IMO. This SummerSlam 93 was really a good one. It was quite big for Me then. It was the second SummerSlam in a row without The Hulkster. First time was because of his reasons. This time was because Yokozuna stopped Hulkamania! So "The Narcissist" Lex Luger became the American Original and actually slammed the 568 pound monster on the USS Intrepid which Hogan couldn't slam Yoko as I said earlier. Luger was the biggest face of the company at this time. It was a huge great feud, there hasn't been anything like it since. This also marked Ludvig Borga's PPV debut, gosh I loved him too. This was Razor Ramon's first big match as a big babyface. Jerry Lawler's great feud with Bret Hart happened with his court jester heel/evil Doink. Unfortunately this was The Giant Gonzales' last WWF PPV match. The Heavenly Bodies from Smokey Mountain Wrestling debuted against The Steiner Brothers and so much more. This was also Mean Gene Okerlunds' last WWF PPV as he was jumping to WCW! Here's WWF SummerSlam 93 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:32 pm

Crazy. Is that before or after Giant Gonzalez got eliminated from the Intercontinental Title Battle Royal on RAW by the other 19 contestants?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:37 pm

I have to say Collission is my favorite weekly show From the opening pre-theme promos, to the layout of matches, it's a fast 2 hours compared to Dynamite where I find myself zoning out during Young Bucks matches, and sadly, Jon Moxley matches.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:26 am

Acid - It was indeed. Oh, this was before it. This SummerSlam Spectacular 93 was a week or so before the actual event where The Giant Gonzales would have his "Rest in Peace" match with the Undertaker. I was always bummed about that Giant Gonzales was eliminated so early starting with Macho Man and the others as you noted. That was his last match in the WWF :roll: I recently watched that again and the same feeling I got when it first aired is still there. However with that being said that IC Title Battle Royal was so epic and it was really the first of it's kind where Razor Ramon & Rick Martel both won and fought each the next week. I thought it was so surprising back then when Shawn Michaels got stripped of the IC that caused President Jack Tunney to make such a decision. Later I found out the real reason. Like I said before, 93 was a very crucial year for WWF and really wrestling in general. By the end of the year I hope to post a huge 93 special so keep a look out for that :)

As a side note, for those that don't know. Yokozuna is part of the Anoa'i family. He is/was cousin to Roman Reigns, The Rock, The Headshrinkers, The USOs, Umanga and all of them. You know Rikishi Fatu/Phatu, the former headshrinker? His "cool" & "bad man" gimmicks was inspired and based on his cousin Yokozuna hence why he dressed and wrestled the way he did :)

Well I'm glad you like that in AEW PB :)

OK, Here's SummerSlam 94. This was a great one!

First here's a special Softball game that WWF played right before the event! Notice the ball player in the stands with the sign. That's Abe "Knuckle" Schwartz. He was a great character and was actually Steve Lombardi "The Brooklyn Brawler". He actually debuted nearly a year prior in the great aforementioned IC Title Battle Royal that Me & Acid were just talking about a minute ago and he walked The MVP :o Macho Man is playing there just months prior to his jump to WCW. I don't know if you know this but he was actually going to be a Baseball player and he was in the minor leagues for My Home Team...The St. Louis Cardinals! You can see how much he's into this and how well he plays too, he was really a pro :) I'm glad he didn't however because he would have never been the Macho Man we know and and all of those great moments would never had happen as well :)

OK so here's a promo of Lex Luger vs. Tatanka with the always fun Todd Petengill. This was quite the storyline and match. I loved The Million Dollar Man's time with his Million Dollar Corporation and this was the beginning of it :!: Gosh I love the origins of the things I love like this :)

OK, now the big, rather HUGE special about this SummerSlam was LESLIE NEILSEN :!: He was the perfect one to be on the case after countless sightings of the Undertaker after Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji & Jim Cornette's mercenaries destroyed him at the 94 Royal Rumble. Leslie Neilsen would be the one to find the truth :)

So here's WWF SummerSlam 94 in 60 seconds. It was a great one and you see MVP/Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz there and it had one of the most bizarre matches ever...The Undertaker vs. The Undertaker! Not shown here but at the end of the event you see Leslie Neilsen closing the case :lol:

It was cool fun times in wrestling then. Naked Gun 3 came out that year and this was really a fitting end his Frank Drebin character. Shame he ain't a WWE Hall of Famer :roll: I never talked about this before with all of the Naked Gun talk previously as I was waiting for a time like this :) Also with Baseball still in season I was also waiting to show MVP/Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz. I believe there's some great promos of his on YT which I'll do time. The Brooklyn Brawler was a great one at promos as you saw what I posted before of him. A little more SummerSlam is coming soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:41 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:01 am

Oh that was a great DDP promo. I liked it when he was with Karl Malone. Malone was almost a natural at wrestling, darn shame he didn't keep it up. Oh and that's THE LEE MARSHALL there...you know him as TONY THE TIGER :o

Here's WWF SummerSlam 95, arguably My favorite WWF SummerSlam event of ever, of all-time!

Here's these great promos!

Here's WWF SummerSlam 95 in 60 seconds! I just loved how this one was & looked.This was quite a bittersweet end for Lex Luger's tenure in the WWF. He appeared and interfered in the main event of Diesel vs. King Mable, got beat up and that was it...his last appearance EVER in the WWF...a week later he was on the first ever WCW Monday Nitro making history confronting Hulk Hogan thus setting to the beginnings of the Monday Night War...oh I loved these times :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc