Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:05 am

Yes it is and really it started with this. He was also part of that the huge lawsuit against WWE with his attorney Konstantine Kyros for traumatic brain injuries & concussions. He along with many wrestlers including Blackjack Mulligan & son Barry Windham, Ax & Smash of Demolition and many others all were part of this case. Remember when the New Day first got really popular and they won the Tag Team Championships in their early days and WWE made it such a huge deal that they were going for the Tag Team Title RECORD which was held by none other than Demolition :?: Well the New Day beat that record and Demolition's record was NO MORE and NOT ONCE had WWE ever mentioned Demotion's name :o It's all because of that case :roll: This is why I was surprised that Windham was in the HOF but he was lucky because he part of the original Four Horsemen so that was THEY ONLY reason why he got in :!: WWE will never mention anybody that was a part of this unless they died of course like Black Jack Mulligan :roll: So this is why I say Nord's problems started with this, it just wasn't a physical issue, it also became mental as well :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

It's not Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster, it's George "The Animal" Steele...that was a great one with "Jungle" Gene Okerlund PB :) Lemurs are so cute, their really living fossils as they are the oldest specie of Primate and the Hippos are the "true kings" of the Jungle because they are known as the deadliest predator and even known to kill Crocodiles :o

Here's a DOUBLE PROMO. One that continues with The Berzerker John Nord with Papa Shango when they feuded with The Ultimate Warrior and The Undertaker 92 a year later after they were enemies in the next one in good days :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:45 pm

That is an odd pairing. Yeah, it's a shame Vinnie holds grudges like that, unless they're someone like Hogan who can still make money for him.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:26 am

Indeed it is. I liked The Killer Bees especially when they wore their masks! Here's the Ultimate Warrior & The Undertaker one more time because I love seeing them together in a slightly expanded video :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:58 am

Wonder what UT was thinking about Warrior there, lol. At least he didn't go off on one of his really long-winded rants.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:24 am

I have no idea what he thought but I'm sure he looks back on it however ;)

"Big Cart" Ernie Ladd changed the standard for football players to come to wrestling, he was great!

Here's a short but sweet one with "The Genius" Lanny Poffo & Beau & Blake...The Beverly Brothers. Gosh they were such a great team with one of the most devastating double team finishers ever...The Shaker Heights!!!!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:53 am

Ah, Poffo. So underrated.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:53 pm

Ah yes. Lochness. I actually didn't know much about Haystacks outside of his WCW run until I spent a little time in the UK and realized they had their own complete wrestling eco-system that was very much different from ours in a lot of ways. That opened a lot of doors for me with people like Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki in addition to people who wrestled here a bit and what they did back in the UK like Adrian Street, Steven Regal, Dave Taylor and the rest of the lot.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:50 am

Oh I loved Lochness, I covered him and the rest of the Dungeon of Doom big time before, they were My favorite stable of ever of all-time. I knew him before as Giant Haystacks but only in wrestling magazines but when I first saw him in WCW attacking Hogan I was so thrilled and I'm the only one here that talks about the "the big man" here so maybe you could imagine how excited I was about him I mean he's 6 foot 11, 690 pounds I mean he was awesome and could move! I was bummed when he got sick and had to cancel his feud with Hogan but at least he was a great part that superb fun stuff :)

Acid - Yes, the UK has a totally cool atmosphere and different than other countries and those names you mention were all great ;)

Since you posted that PB, here's one of My all time fav moments ever in wrestling when Zeus & Jeep Swenson were together one more time as they were Z-Gangsta & The Final/Ultimate Solution in the Alliance to Destroy Hulkamania. Loch Ness wasn't present here as he was having a Dungeon Doom civil war with the Giant that set up his retirement that very night when this episode first aired. I covered Zeus & Jeep in your Movie Trailers topic a few times before about No Holds Barred & the Batman movies which these too monsters especially Jeep was extremely important to Me because he was so awesome, truly had the largest arms in the world and nobody ever...EVER talks about him anywhere which really makes Me really sad :roll: I was quite excited when they were in Walker: Texas Ranger :!: In this great promo just isn't them but a number of others and check out Brian Pillman in his last WCW appearance before his jump to the WWF, this was so radical :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 am

I can't say I ever saw those guys actually wrestle, but they were big men.

Here's the Billington Bulldogs, named after Tom Billington, because Tom and Mark Billington are the nephews of the Dynamite Kid. They're currently in MLW, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them elsewhere in a couple years. The kid on the left looks so much like Dynamite that I half expect a Rougeau to pop out and sucker punch him lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:58 am

There was some great times there :)

I don't know them but dang that's great, another team honoring The British Bulldogs name. That's rad that their related to the Dynamite Kid...see, isn't it fun to know who's related to who in wrestling, I've always found it interesting, even before the web. He's got a Bron Breakker/Scott Steiner similarity going on there. Their manager strangely reminds Me of Garth from Wayne's World. When it's time and if they make it big in NXT/WWE I would love to see them against Gallus :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc