Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:20 am

That's great news that CM Punk is coming back, now AEW is gonna be can't miss now especially with the new show AEW: Collision :o Here we were just talking about wrestling on Saturday Nights now this :? I'm glad Khan is doing that since AEW is kinda like NWA & WCW so they need to try even harder to bring the classic times of the NWA & WCW back to the weekend :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:42 am

I just posted this is PB's Wrestling Promo Topic and I thought it should go here :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Well be thankful that you have a DVR to see this stuff in full when it airs :) This new show I thought would be like WCW Saturday Night but yeah it is reminiscent of WWF's Saturday's Main Event. It's great that Nigel McGuinness & Kevin Kelly are the commentators as it's like the old ROH days :!: The intro is pretty cool but I would like them to use the composer they got cause he's really good and so it sounds more original rather than using old songs (the song is Elton John's Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting) that has been used for half of a dozen of things already cause that's what WWF & WCW did back in the day and that's one of the reasons why they were so exciting. That was pretty rad as these guys seemed like they are doing things old school and while it is reminiscent of WWF's Saturday's Night Main Event however in fact it was darn near like a old school Survivor Series to Me especially when Punk says about "surviving".

Here's this great promo by Hulk Hogan on WWF's Saturday Night's Main Event plus the great intro as well :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:55 am

I just saw this on Bing.

AEW 1.jpg

The thing is many of these younger people that is fans of AEW didn't know a thing about Owen till this started. I hope most of'em are checking his old great stuff out on YT & Peacock and maybe even following his career in chronological order because he was the best there is, the best there was and the best there will ever be (sorry, not sorry Bret) :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:41 am

See, I think AEW fans are much more aware of Owen and older stuff than the current WWE fan. Especially sicne the WWE skewers more toward younger kids these days where AEW caters more toward adults who probably follow many more companies outside the WWE Universe.

Joe vs Punk was pretty good. Much more of a old school WWE style match than the average AEW "Elite" style car crash match
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:37 am

Well that is good for the AEW fans I mean yes AEW is way more old school than WWE. Yeah, WWE tries to reset things and not making current fans want to delve into the past which I'm so not a fan of nor will I ever be :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: :smsmh: I give big kudos for AEW being the opposite :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:19 pm

Spoilery spoilers...open at your own risk...

Spoiler:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:25 am

How about that..so that's why you posted RVD's theme there ;) Dang, he was just in WWE doing the Brands Draft :o RVD still looks good. That's excellent to see him and Jerry Lynn reunited. He still looks like JCVD :shock: Cool PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:15 pm

RVD looked pretty good in his match Wednesday. He can still pretty good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:29 am

Yes, how about that :!:

That was a some clip. Well, if I had a hot girlfriend like Britt Baker then there would be no need for Me to go to a place with other women to admire so yeah, I'd go to an arcade and game place like that too, to get that nostalgia and fun time in :)

Here's a fun story of Mine. My neighbor across the alley Keith that used to live there when We first moved in 1990. He looked like and was about the size of the drunk father in 85's Silver Bullet watching the old wrestling match but seriously acted like Rick Steiner then again both men have those similar looks...no joke. He had a huge green truck for his work and always parked it behind Our garage. My Grandpa was always annoyed by this even though he was friends with him. Keith had 3 sons, Mike, Joe and darn it, the other name alludes Me, has for many years. They were bigger & older than Me but they were all good & docile kids. They always told Me their stories of how they were in the Ocean and got stung by Jellyfish. They had a really big trampoline like that in the AEW clip you provided. I used go over there all the time to jump on it with'em. We also used to play Football in the next door neighbor's yard, she was a midget. Keith took care of her yard. Sadly Keith got sick and he had moved away with his new girlfriend & his three boys a few years later or so. I have no idea what happen after that with them as We lost contact with each other but I hope their still together and doing fine as I speak :) That clip just made Me think of that PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:20 am

I'm back from the heatwave, that's all I'm saying :x

So I couldn't find a satisfactory vid of highlights so I just decided just to check out quick results to save time & effort of AEW All In at Wembley Stadium in England. It appeared to be a good show but with no real surprising victors or swerves. I mean really was Saraya & MJF gonna lose and make us go oh wow, I didn't see that comin' :roll: Seeing Sting doing that stuff is still truly incredible at over 60 years old which that will never get old :!: Of course Mercedes has to tease the crowd of why she's there and will she be All Elite, shame about that she isn't using her real last name, it's sounds so much better IMO. Seeing this is great but like I said before, no matter how good a modern event from any company is including WWE, it doesn't beat the classics and the first one at Wembley was WWF SummerSlam 92 I mean the main event was Bulldog vs. Bret for the IC Title! It will be interesting to see if AEW makes this a trend going at Wembley. Here's the short results video :)

EDIT: Here's this too.

AEW Punk & Perry 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to AEW