Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:17 am

Here's a little bit after Big John Studd returned for the Royal Rumble in 1989. Even though he won is all he got was to continue his feud with Akeem then leave. He still kept on saying he's the giant and nobody could slam him even though he lost his feud to Andre years prior and was slammed by him and Hogan!

As a side note I think he handled Akeem quite well, arguably even better than Hogan!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:12 am

I remember that feud. It didn't last long as far as I recall.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:35 am

Yes, it didn't last long at all. The Funks were so good however Jimmy Jack wasn't related to the Funks, it was similar like Arn & Ole Anderson.

Here's "The Natural" Butch Reed & "The Dr. of Style" Slick! I loved that feud with him and Muraco & Graham which some of that happen in that epic match at the 1987 Survivor Series :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:44 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:22 am

Oh Johnny Polo, I remember when he debuted with that gimmick. So in a huge special Yo, Do You Remember 93 coming soon he will be part of it so keep a look out, I'm trying hard to finish it up ;)

Happy Fourth of July so here's Patriotic WWF stuff!

Two different WWF All American Wresting Intros!

Here is this WWF Survivor Series 93 promo, this was such a great time and as I said before I will feature this heavily because wrestling in 93 was one of My favorite times ever!

Here's The Patriot in 97!!!

BONUS: Not a promo but this was a great debut at the WCW Great American Bash 1990 of BIG VAN VADER :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:17 am

Those were pretty good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:01 am

Your darn right they are and taht Undertaker one with Test was too! TNN was yet another channel that changed too :roll:

Here's this one :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:59 am

A lot of truths there by Paul, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:18 am

Oh I loved The Missing Link, I had such a great physique. I'm laughing My @$$ off there and seeing him bust his head open with that chair as his training method not to mention how Paul Bearer was as a bleached blond :lol: :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

Here's John Nord aka The Viking aka The Berzerker, I laughed at him back in he day and still do :lol:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:47 am

It's a shame what's happened to John Nord in recent years.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc