Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:45 am

I know :roll: Yes, Gene could be like that and the Attitude Era allowed him to show it :) The Natural Born Thrillers was some group too.

Here's this Scott Steiner promo, gosh I miss his wacky mic times and how nuts he could be :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:38 pm

Yeah, Steiner was something on the mic. You never knew what he'd say or if you would even understand it, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:23 am

Oh that is so true. Ah Carlito Cool, he was pretty good and still is. I loved it when he return at BackLash. Here's another returnee that was at BackLash Savio Vega. He is with Razor Ramon whom were good friends since their WWC days and this was during the great time of 1995 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:45 pm

I used to like back in the day when the WWF had local promos for coming events. Made it feel more special.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:21 am

Yes I did too and I also miss the PPV event center stuff too, they should have never quite any of that :roll: That's one of the reasons why i give kudos to AEW when Tony Schiavone does the Control Center on their YT page because it's the only thing reminiscent in modern wrestling of those local event & PPV announcements like WWF & WCW did back in the 90s.

Oh the early days of "Ravishing" Rick Rude were pretty good. Austin Idol was was actually very underrated and really I think he had a great physique. Too bad he never made it to the big time. Rude was great on the mic, I know some fine promos of his, here's 2 from his WWF days.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:04 am

I really liked the way Collision started last night; it made me think of Saturday Night's Main Event...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:40 am

Well be thankful that you have a DVR to see this stuff in full when it airs :) This new show I thought would be like WCW Saturday Night but yeah it is reminiscent of WWF's Saturday's Main Event. It's great that Nigel McGuinness & Kevin Kelly are the commentators as it's like the old ROH days :!: The intro is pretty cool but I would like them to use the composer they got cause he's really good and so it sounds more original rather than using old songs (the song is Elton John's Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting) that has been used for half of a dozen of things already cause that's what WWF & WCW did back in the day and that's one of the reasons why they were so exciting. That was pretty rad as these guys seemed like they are doing things old school and while it is reminiscent of WWF's Saturday's Night Main Event however in fact it was darn near like a old school Survivor Series to Me especially when Punk says about "surviving".

Here's this great promo by Hulk Hogan on WWF's Saturday Night's Main Event plus the great intro as well :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:01 pm

Yeah, I just meant that the promos aired before the intro music which made me think of how SNME used to open just like that Hogan promo (though I wish it was the Fascination music, lol).

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:57 am

Yep I see. CFB was always such a good one on the mic. Spiros was pretty good and really face wise he didn't look like a wrestler at all.

I was only about a year old during this time but it fun catching up later ;) Now this was a great crossover, too bad stuff like this doesn't happen anymore (AEW & ROH doesn't count IMO, their owned by the same guy) :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:15 pm

Ric Flair had more personality in his big toe than Backlund had in his entire body, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc